Character Discussion To all of you who hate Oden's character.

Well, Gojo Satorou is a Mary Sue character for the very beggining, and still many people love him. The problem with Oden is maybe his lack of charisma or a notorious weakness maybe?
Being OP doesn't make you a mary sue, plenty of OP characters are perfectly written. Gojo is far from a mary sue

I dont mind his character but the decisions he made were fucking awful

>didnt ask WB or Roger pirates for help
>didnt attack Kaido/Orochi with his crew as soon as he got to Wano

I was legit mad reading that segment in the story. It felt so forced.
Worst part is how the Roger pirates offered to help and he turned them down knowing wano was in a bad situation

I just don't like how it felt like Oda forced his character down our throats. It felt more like a "please like this character" + skipping over his relationships with the scabbards didn't do it for me.

I just don't care for him, but not just him, all of wano.
It is normal to try his best to make you like him though
He’s writing him as a good guy lol

Yes but I said it felt like oda was trying to force the readers to like him when honestly it did the opposite. The best part of the flashback was Roger and whitebeard, when Oden wasn't the focus.
I disagree
Best parts of flashback is when Oda didn’t focus on Roger or WB cause Oda made huge mess and plotholes with Roger/WB in that flashback..

Oden used to bug me. For many of the reasons others have mentioned, but mostly because he felt forced. I feel Oda has never gone out of his way to try and make the fan base swoon over a character as much as he did with Oden. I could’ve bought that Oden was a generational talent and legend comparable to the likes of Roger and WB if Oda just did as much with his portrayal, but he went above and beyond.
The strong at birth stuff was alright, I mean we got that with BM and other people of notoriety in the series, but the Harem Wars nonsense was over the top. Some of the OP fanbase started calling him Chaden, which bugged me too. I’m sure some of them did it for the memes but I have a feeling that some of them weren’t necessarily “critical thinkers”. I only started to like Oden when he died, at the boiling incident.
I’m pretty indifferent towards Oden now, I don’t hate him like I use to, but I don’t love him either. I appreciate his character for what he was.

Honestly, I dislike (not hate, just dislike) Oden because I fell for the meme & buzzword of OdenWank. At first I just dont care about him since newer One Piece's problem is focusing too much on side characters, then I saw some shitpost about
- how terribly strong he is (no hints of his existence at all and suddenly WB/Roger tier)
- how special he is (poneg, VOAT, CoC)
- how special everyone connected to him is (OP devil fruit wife, super beautiful daughter, Oda's favorite character as son in low, his son already unlocked VOAT, recently, his #1 fans is super beautiful, super strong next nakama)
- lastly, how everyone, literally everyone praise/like him

So, I can't unsee this shitpost and suddenly dont like him. Before you judge me, my favorite char is Uchiha Itachi, so I'm actually fine with mary sue/treated specially/author hyped character.

If you ever been in naruto fandom, Itachi is top five wanked character by author. Even then, I can still lile him, but not Oden. Not sure why.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
He was a more acceptable version of Luffy before he returned to Wano from his journey with Roger. After that, it was a downfall.

This idiot could've sacrificed a few fodders lives to beat Kaido then and there. This idiot gave Kaido free 5 years to catch up to him ( I think Oden would demolish Kaido when he was fresh out of Roger's ship ).

Dealing with Orochi was the most stupid shit he did and he sacrificed his country for 20 years for few kidnapped fodders. Litle did he knew that he didn't even save them and put the entire country in the tyranny of Kaido.

No respect for this idiot.

My issue with Oden is that Oda had too much to show and didn't show enough (which is somehow understandable because he can't reveal too much but still...). He didn't know if he needed to use WB or Roger and all we got is one unnamed clash between the 2 of them and a few injuries like they didn't even fight seriously.

About Oden, Oda didn't know on what foot to dance, he had to choose between charisma and strength but we had half charisma half strength so in the end Oden looked neither strong or charismatic.

I'm not going to talk about the ridiculous naked dances lol
I'll give him one thing though, his death was epic, he saved all the scabbards and Kaido respected the guy

P.S: Kaido was also made dirty in that flashback

What Oden did good:-
What Oden did bad: -True leader of wano who cucks his entire nation for years because he does not want to ask for help.
-Rather danced for 5 years than to fight with za enemy from the start
-Let people die, starve, be abused , and literally did nothing.
-Attacked the enemy in his weakest form after he neglected his training for 5 years, got cucked, his daughter becomed nr 1 prostitute of wano, his wife burned to death, his son is sended in future, and only with plot armor(Luffy), he escapes the fate of being just a test subject for Caesar.
He is definitely not a very smart individual, he made all the wrong moves he could have made.:kayneshrug:Monkey IQ or below, good fighter in his prime tho, but the mistakes he made overshadows all his fighting qualities, he is a walking L.

I think most people don't mind a dumb character, but it is annoying how everyone in Wano can't see him as anything but a great guy... would be impressive if Oda could somehow bring it around and make people in the story realize he was partially responsible.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Well, Gojo Satorou is a Mary Sue character for the very beggining, and still many people love him. The problem with Oden is maybe his lack of charisma or a notorious weakness maybe?
Well Gojo is also a really bland character
This happens when you only read fight panels with Gojo. His character is not bland. But I'm not in the position to explain things to you especially to TAC since he doesn't read the majority of the shows he admits to reading.