Anime Discussion Top 5 Best Anime

give it a rewatch bro I m sure your opinion will change
Very possible. I watched most of the animes i know around that time so i forgot most of the details. I loved all those that I've listed so far though don't get me wrong. Funny enough i barely have any Shounen in my Top 10 if we rank them in terms of quality.
Post automatically merged:

I watched Angel Beats 3 times. On one occasion it was a whole sitting on one evening. :kuzanshut:
I remember that i watched Death note in 24 hours or so lol

AL sama

Red Haired
Very possible. I watched most of the animes i know around that time so i forgot most of the details. I loved all those that I've listed so far though don't get me wrong. Funny enough i barely have any Shounen in my Top 10 if we rank them in terms of quality.
I don't think my top 10 has shounen either

well unless you consider your lie in april as shounen

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
No particular order:
Cowboy Bepop- I reccomend this first to anyone who wants to get into anime
Violet Evergarden- Beautiful and touching
Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood- Same reasons as you gave
Anohana: "The flower we lost that day"- Same reasons asViolet evergarden
Death note-Same as yours to be fair.

I need to see code geass, you lot keep hyping it up:steef:

It's hard to narrow it down to 5 because some are ongoing or are on long hiatuses.

But for now I'll say-
1. Demon Slayer- I finished the Manga long ago and for me this series was perfect from start to finish. Great Story, Great Characters, Epic Fights and Outstanding Art.
2. HxH- Great characters minus the protagonist (I don't care much for Gon) but the storylines, characters, and the world it takes place in are fascinating. It's the one series you wish above all others will continue, and I hope someday it does.
3. Cowboy BeBop- Just a really really cool series with a cool protagonist. An awesome blend of cyperpunk, crime noir, and action.
4. Gintama- The fights are beyond epic. The characters and story are simultaneously familiar yet refreshingly very different. Amazing art too.
5. Dr. Stone (so far, for me anyway) Gorgeous Art and an interesting story that's refreshingly different from what's out there. Amazingly charming characters too.

Honorable mentions to-
One Piece (of course) this would have been #1, but I just couldn't give it to Toei, they screw up too many times and the art and pacing could be much better. I still enjoy it though.
JuJutsu Kaisen- Will most likely make it to the top tbh, it's amazing, but I've only watched season 1 so far. But I know the manga is top tier, I cannot wait for season 2.
Bleach- Minus the fillers the anime was super epic, the soundtrack alone makes it top tier. Same can be said for Naruto.
Death Note would easily be in the top, but the second half consisting of Near and Mellow was just disappointing to me.
Full Metal Alchemist is amazing, one of my favorites, just not in my top 5.

To everyone who said that Brotherhood is the most complete, I would actually disagree. If you watch the original which followed the first half of the manga, you will see that a lot of what was in the original FMA was actually cut out of Brotherhood, because they assumed everyone already saw that and had that information. This means it is actually incomplete, while it follows the manga better than the original FMA it is still lacking the entire FMA story. A good series but not complete.

Now for my list. Feel free to tear it apart for my above comment.

IMO all of these are extremely rewatchable. This is a list of 10/10 anime not my favorites.
Anime Series:
Death Note
- The series that drew me back into anime full time. Very enjoyable, with great characters, story/plot, and soundtrack. I love the mental chess game that happened and while there was little to no action to speak of in this series, it kept me on the edge of my seat.
Psycho-Pass (S1) - Two of the most iconic characters (Kogami and Makishima) in anime, imo, who play very well off one another. A great story from start to finish, other great characters, amazing plot, and awesome futuristic setting.
Fate/Zero - Masterpiece. Amazing characters, fight scenes, story, twists, and that ending. The character relationships are done so well. Some of my favorite anime characters of all time are in this series and my favorite Fate characters are in this series for sure. Truly a treat. Check it out if you have not.
Parasyte - Perfection! It follows the manga nearly 1-to-1 but updated for a modern time (written in the 80's and 90's). Great characters, good themes, and amazing character development (especially for characters you wouldn't expect and that seemed irredeemable).
Baccano! - Probably the most rewatchable series out of what I have listed. So many great characters who could all be the lead of their own series. Great comedy, drama, and action with some supernatural elements in a realistic setting. I know it has a lot going on but it makes it all work in an amazing way. I cannot count how many times I have seen this series so writing this makes me want to watch it again.

Honorable Mentions:
Code Geass, Darker than Black (S1), Your Lie in April, and Hunter x Hunter.

Anime Movies:
Akira
- I am sure that most of you know but this is one of the most iconic anime of all time! Amazing anime and the reason we have anime in the west today. I love everything about this movie from the first time I saw it as a child. If you have not seen it do yourself a favor and check it out.
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust - The second anime movie that I can remember watching and what a treat. Quality art for it's time that holds up pretty well today. A great setting and plot, with decent characters and good story. Production value and action scenes were the high points for this movie.
Wolf Children - I do not remember what I was expecting when I decided to watch this movie (though I expected something good) but it exceeded all expectations. I was a young father and this movie spoke to me as a parent. Amazing art and a great story.
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - Wow! This story getting a lot of negative feedback for being generic, but I did not get that from my experience with it. Maybe it is because I stepped outside of my comfort zone and watched a genre I am not accustomed to but this anime was remarkable to me. The art was great, the dramatic and romantic tension was good, the characters were layered and interesting, and though I knew what to expect I was still surprised by it.
Trigun: Badlands - I actually watched this movie before I watched the series. It was quite a while ago, but I remember liking the vintage art style, and the plot of the movie a lot. I found Vash and Wolfwood played well off one another in the movie. Good action and it made me go back and watch the series which was great in its own right.