General & Others Unclear deaths and delayed confirmations

With One Piece there is the tendency that the fandom doesn't know whether a character is really dead or not.

Sometimes it turns out to be a fake death, some other times it turns out to be a real death but the belated confirmation takes away too much from an emotional point of view in my opinion.

I think this is clearly a lose-lose situation.

However what about other mangas?
Are you aware of fake deaths or delayed confirmations situations?
I can't remember any specific case in this moment tbh...

I recall Fairy Tail having some fake deaths with Lisanna actually being teleported to Edolas and Lector actually being teleported away from his guild instead of just vaporised. It's been a while but it's the only other manga I recall having an issue with in that regard.

With delayed confirmations, maybe a few near the end of Demon Slayer. I remember being surprised certain characters died when it seemed like they didn't get much more injured than others.

Naruto Shippuden. Not in the same way, the deaths aren't fake but are very predictable and meaningless. If a character who hasn't appeared for 200+ chapters suddenly has panel time it was basically Kishimoto saying: "see this guy? You probablly forgot about him but he EXISTS and he is IMPORTANT NOW and you better care about him now because I'm going to kill him in the next few chapters." Only meaningfull deaths in the entire series were Hiruzen and Jiraya.
Also, Edo Tensei... :seriously:

Chiyo death and Asuma one were good too. Asuma one has was developed a lot.
Forgot about Chio, that was a good one. But Asuma's death is a good example of what I described: dude hardly even existed in the story untill that point, and then suddenly, he has some kind of developement just to make you care about him before he gets killed few chapters later. It was emotional and impactfull but not because of Asuma himself, but because of Shikamaru, a character you actually care about. It was actually Asuma's death that made me realise that if a character in Naruto suddenly gets some random rushed developement out of the blue, he is probably gonna die soon.

I recall Fairy Tail having some fake deaths with Lisanna actually being teleported to Edolas and Lector actually being teleported away from his guild instead of just vaporised. It's been a while but it's the only other manga I recall having an issue with in that regard.

With delayed confirmations, maybe a few near the end of Demon Slayer. I remember being surprised certain characters died when it seemed like they didn't get much more injured than others.
Fairy Tail had any real deaths?

Hell, even fucking Zeref and that loli bitch randomly became alive and "reincarnated" into same fucking age or at least teen+ age mere two years after their "deaths"

Mavis lived like a billion times.

Like, who even died?

Fairy Tail had any real deaths?

Hell, even fucking Zeref and that loli bitch randomly became alive and "reincarnated" into same fucking age or at least teen+ age mere two years after their "deaths"

Mavis lived like a billion times.

Like, who even died?
Simon (Erza's childhood friend from that tower) the only non antagonist death. Apart from him, Grimoire Heart members i guess? And some other villains we never really find out what happened to them?
But I agree FT is the biggest offender in fake deaths, the final arc probably had more fake deaths than the entire OP so far

Simon (Erza's childhood friend from that tower) the only non antagonist death. Apart from him, Grimoire Heart members i guess? And some other villains we never really find out what happened to them?
But I agree FT is the biggest offender in fake deaths, the final arc probably had more fake deaths than the entire OP so far
I still don't get how in the fuck Zeref and Loli are alive

There was that girl from the fairy tail phoenix movie, and her birf. Natsu flashbacks to her in the sequel manga when remembering dead people.

In Naruto, it happened to Madara when he was raped by Black Zetzu and to Obito, he should had been dead so many times already yet still was able to hold himself vs Jubidara when he was half dead.