General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Zoro not being able to cut Doflamingo's bird cage instead of just trying to stop it was ridiculous, especially considering how he had just been able to practically cut a mountain, using an attack in which he said that that there's nothing he couldn't cut.

There would have been more coherence in the end of Dressrosa arc if both Zoro and Fujitora were too busy with something else so they wouldn't cut the bird cage not because they couldn't do it, but because they were too busy doing something else, so they wouldn't be among the ones trying to stop the movement of the bird cage.

Last edited:
Zoro not being able to cut Doflamingo's bird cage instead of just trying to stop it was ridiculous, especially considering how he had just been able to practically cut a mountain, using an attack in which he said that that there's nothing he couldn't cut.

There would have been more coherence in the end of Dressrosa arc if both Zoro and Fujitora were too busy with something else so they wouldn't cut the bird cage not because they couldn't do it, but because they were too busy doing something else, and they also wouldn't be among the ones trying to stop the movement of the bird cage.
I recall not even Issho was able to stop the cage which was insane but somehow he couldn't properly use it against the SH even if he stood inside.:josad: plot cage was fun.

There would have been more coherence in the end of Dressrosa arc if both Zoro and Fujitora were too busy with something else so they wouldn't cut the bird cage not because they couldn't do it, but because they were too busy doing something else, so they wouldn't be among the ones trying to stop the movement of the bird cage.
Since it’s a df ability I guess it’s about how strong your haki is and I’ll be bold and say that doffys haki was more superior

Since it’s a df ability I guess it’s about how strong your haki is and I’ll be bold and say that doffys haki was more superior
Superior enough to make some strings, that he wasn't even controlling directly like the ones he used to fight, durable enough to resist to attacks from two of the strongest swordsmen in the series?
I find that very strange.
It being a result of a comparison of their haki would make sense if it were a direct clash between an attack from Doflamingo and an attack from Zoro, but that wasn't the case.
There was no armament haki covering the bird cage to strengthen it.

And what I really find strange is that Oda didn't write Zoro lamenting his lack of power for not being able to cut the bird cage. That was very badly written considering the character's personality. Instead of making Zoro remark how it was rather strange if the bird cage couldn't be stopped (when everyone else was taking for granted that the bird cage couldn't be stopped), the much more natural reaction for Zoro would be say that there's no way he wouldn't be able to cut some strings, and then if he really ended up not being able cut it, his natural reaction would be to lament his lack of power.

Oda preferred to avoid this drama, for whatever reason, so he conveniently made the characters only talk about whether or not it could be stopped, without anyone raising the question about whether or not it could be cut or destroyed.

Last edited: