General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Also the quality of some chapters
Recently read through the whole series again, so Dressrosa and WCI are fresh in my mind...even though it was long, the former didn’t really drag as much as I remember on a weekly basis, but the latter’s entire back half is still as clumsy/callous as I believed when I last read it in one go. Reverie seemed like the first time in a while that he was having fun, and Wano’s been a marked improvement over the two up top, but it’s clear throughout that he doesn’t have as much zeal as he used to...feels bad, man 😕

Recently read through the whole series again, so Dressrosa and WCI are fresh in my mind...even though it was long, the former didn’t really drag as much as I remember on a weekly basis, but the latter’s entire back half is still as clumsy/callous as I believed when I last read it in one go. Reverie seemed like the first time in a while that he was having fun, and Wano’s been a marked improvement over the two up top, but it’s clear throughout that he doesn’t have as much zeal as he used to...feels bad, man 😕
He’s 40-45, not young anymore and working on One Piece since 22 years; he’s obviously tired, but this doesn’t mean that is not writing with passion or that he doesn’t love his work as before.
This man is as excited about writing Wano as we are we are about reading it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
He’s 40-45, not young anymore and working on One Piece since 22 years; he’s obviously tired, but this doesn’t mean that is not writing with passion or that he doesn’t love his work as before.
This man is as excited about writing Wano as we are we are about reading it.
You misunderstand, as most people who don’t like this particular opinion do - it’s not that I think he’s dispassionate, and even if he is, he’s allowed to be after writing the same story for 20-something years. My problem is that it’s taking a measurable toll on the product itself; if he didn’t wanna still be doing this, maybe we didn’t need back-to-back hundred-chapter arcs that largely felt bloated and unnecessary at times. No love lost for me OR for/from Oda, but just think about how much further we’d have progressed by now if there were two or three fewer Donquixote/Big Mom Pirates we HAD to see go down/be dealt with in some way before the respective arcs ended. He introduced more seemingly to flesh their stories out, but, you know...WHY?? With Wano waiting as the climax of a lot of storylines, why did we spend 200 chapters (including Zou which was shorter but more essential) on those two??

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
^Still thinking about this, we REALLY did not need the WCI arc to move the story forward other than showing Luffy bring down a YC1 (which could have reasonably happened AND made sense in Wano). What would have been so bad about introducing the Big Mom Pirates alongside Kaido’s crew in the land of the samuari? Luffy had already picked a fight with Linlin way back in Fishman Island, so the motivation would have remained intact; Oda could have made it so that the Curly Hats escaped Pekoms and Bege without sacrificing any emotional impact of what happened between Jack and the minks, and we didn’t NEED the Vinsmokes to enter the story (as much as I love Reiju/think their redemption will play a part in the story’s climax); we now know that Kaido and Linlin were comrades in the past, so that combined with their dual reasons for wanting Luffy dead would still have made sense.

WCI felt vestigial and unnecessary for so many reasons, especially at a time when Oda’s trying to move to the end of the story...Sanji’s decisions throughout most of the arc felt counterproductive to his character as established through the entire tale beforehand, a Yonko we were supposed to find indomitable really had a poor showing (Brook, Nami, and Chopper all should have been annihilated if we’re to believe Big Mom is unbeatable), Pedro was introduced and killed off within a shorter span than anyone else in the present timeline, and the Straw Hats STILL have to deal with the BMP anyway! If he’s getting burned out, he has this arc to blame for not getting to where we’re at now any sooner.

^Still thinking about this, we REALLY did not need the WCI arc to move the story forward other than showing Luffy bring down a YC1 (which could have reasonably happened AND made sense in Wano). What would have been so bad about introducing the Big Mom Pirates alongside Kaido’s crew in the land of the samuari? Luffy had already picked a fight with Linlin way back in Fishman Island, so the motivation would have remained intact; Oda could have made it so that the Curly Hats escaped Pekoms and Bege without sacrificing any emotional impact of what happened between Jack and the minks, and we didn’t NEED the Vinsmokes to enter the story (as much as I love Reiju/think their redemption will play a part in the story’s climax); we now know that Kaido and Linlin were comrades in the past, so that combined with their dual reasons for wanting Luffy dead would still have made sense.

WCI felt vestigial and unnecessary for so many reasons, especially at a time when Oda’s trying to move to the end of the story...Sanji’s decisions throughout most of the arc felt counterproductive to his character as established through the entire tale beforehand, a Yonko we were supposed to find indomitable really had a poor showing (Brook, Nami, and Chopper all should have been annihilated if we’re to believe Big Mom is unbeatable), Pedro was introduced and killed off within a shorter span than anyone else in the present timeline, and the Straw Hats STILL have to deal with the BMP anyway! If he’s getting burned out, he has this arc to blame for not getting to where we’re at now any sooner.
Also Pedro should have died in Wano which makes more sense then his "heroic" sacrifice in WCI. Also we need a chapter where the other Straw Hats (Non Monster Trio) level up greatly because right now they're horribly under level to take on a yonko much less two.

Dressrosa was part of law's plan. Zou was to make an alliance and wci was for luffy to become yc 1 + so that he could move on to top tiers. Everything is going as planned so far. And oda just enjoyed his background characters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Dressrosa was part of law's plan. Zou was to make an alliance and wci was for luffy to become yc 1 + so that he could move on to top tiers. Everything is going as planned so far. And oda just enjoyed his background characters
My feelings on Dressrosa definitely changed after my most recent read through in that I actually enjoyed the story and battles, and you’re right, that arc was necessary and unavoidable. Always liked Zou at the time and upon revisiting it, no qualms there. I already pointed out that the only good WCI did for the story is show us that Luffy could beat YCs, which he likely would have done anyway had the story skipped straight to Wano...the rest of it was just interminably long and not that fun to read independent of that. I’ll admit that my personal feelings towards the arc are coloring this analysis, but show me anyone on this site who can look at anything in One Piece objectively and I’ll show you a liar.

Back when I was more unfamiliar with One Piece, I had watched an AMV of Z, the one with Admiral Z, and the straw hats were being chased by Marine fodder and Luffy used his Conquerors Haki, I loved that whole animation that happened during that. But because I didn't know much I thought this was not from a movie but the actual series. It felt like I was watching something like a slice of life type of thing, its something that I'd like to see more of, just random things in the strawhats every day lives or so. I don't know if people ever talked about this in particular so I figure its unpopular.

I think it was an amv centuries.

Trebol = Perospero cause he wield a stick and paramecia
The candy paramecia can be sticky like Trebol and is weak to fire. Trebol fruit is liquid like while prospero can be solid like
Trebol fruit is flammable
And both of them were hit by explosions. Trebol got defeated by law with one arm while Perospero lost his arm
Both fought sword fighters
:kayneshrug::pepedoffy: