General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Oda has 100% shat the bed in multiple occasions
1. Shanks getting his arm eaten by a level 1 fish. That was not clever foresight, the totally wrote himself into a corner in day 1. The explanation for this will never come or it'll be 100% bullshit like Sword Art Online OH I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHY I TRAPPED ALL THESE LITTLE KIDS IN A DEATH GAME yeah you are a fucking psycho
2. Foxy Silver Arc. That fucking arc.
3. Sanji gets a nosebleed for being a perverted simp and that is actually plot relevant, it's actually a potential fatal wound for him.
4. Sanji doesn't even use Haki because he doesn't want to hurt Maria's hands while she is beating the living shit out of him. Oh my God. Yes, it's in his character, but it was Oda who made this a PIRATE themed manga, not me. Sanji is probaby the worst pirate ever.

I love One Piece. I very much like the lore, the world, Roger, Blackbeard, Zoro, Garp, Sakazuki, Coby, Kaido, Robin, Nami, other tons and tons of interesting, cool and lovable characters. I wanna read it every week and know more about it. But Oda isn't perfect, he has made a lot of errors along his way, some plot relevant choices he has done either has a shitty explanation or no explanation at all (ZORO VS MR. 1, IS THAT HAKI OR SOME OTHER POWER THAT WE HAVE ONLY SEEN THAT ONE TIME IN OVER 1000 CHAPTERS??? NO ONE KNOWS).
You can love One Piece and still criticize Oda. Kubo and Kishimoto are both morons and Bleach and Naruto is still fun.

This is so fucking true, lol. Not only Worstgen but the entire one piece community has slowly turned toxic. Maybe it already was but I have only been noticing this since the last few years.

I rarely ever participated in the power-level discussion in OJ and was majorly only there for reading theories, posting them or having more sensible discussions. But here, 95% of the discussions ultimately lead up to the Zoro-Sanji agenda only, lol.
OJ was a giant cyclejerk of Oda's blind fanboys though. OH YEAH GODA SHANKS GETTING HIS ARM EATEN BY A LEVEL 1 FISH MAKES PERFECT SENSE. YES MR GODA WE LOVE THE FOXY SILVER ARC YOU ARE SO CLEVER. YES MR GODA SANJI GETTING A NOSEBLEED FROM LOOKING AT BOOBS ARE ACTUALLY ALMOST DYING BEING PLOT RELEVANT IS SUCH COOL MUCH WOW

You literally couldn't critize anything at all without an army of morons beating you to Death. I remember when Gear 4 came out. The last panel was dark and luffy just said GEAR 4TH and we went on a break.
For 2 weeks we had theories and theories and theories and drawing and drawings. I said OK, IT'S GONNA BE SOMETHING LIKE NIGHTMARE LUFFY, THAT MAKES SENSE. We got that Boundman monstrosity.
Why the hell would Oda design something like that? Why does his eyes turn black like eyeliner?
Later, with snakeman. How does his fucking har get longer??
People's response THE DEISGN IS NOT GOING TO HELP LUFFY BEAT DOFLAMINGO/KATAKURI
Well, no, but it's a fantasy manga, you can't just draw anything randomy and we have to enjoy it.

Bottom line, be it a major plot hole you wanna point, a discussion you wanna have or a minor critique lne the design of something, you couldn't. In Orojackson, you either liked 100% of all and every single one of Oda's choices ever or you were not welcomed.

Good fucking riddance.

This is so fucking true, lol. Not only Worstgen but the entire one piece community has slowly turned toxic. Maybe it already was but I have only been noticing this since the last few years.

I rarely ever participated in the power-level discussion in OJ and was majorly only there for reading theories, posting them or having more sensible discussions. But here, 95% of the discussions ultimately lead up to the Zoro-Sanji agenda only, lol.
Yeah, the problem with Theories though is that they constantly got stolen, plagiarized, copied etc. This was a huge turn off for theory making and it is probably why it has dwindled in the One Piece community.

Still, OP Power Level threads might be boring, repetitive as hell and toxic but I will gladly take the confrontational head banging of power level discussions than the nonsense that comes with the dumb arse shipping wars of some fandoms.

Yeah, the problem with Theories though is that they constantly got stolen, plagiarized, copied etc. This was a huge turn off for theory making and it is probably why it has dwindled in the One Piece community.

Still, OP Power Level threads might be boring, repetitive as hell and toxic but I will gladly take the confrontational head banging of power level discussions than the nonsense that comes with the dumb arse shipping wars of some fandoms.
lol fr

@hamahamaiamas I doubt oda had complete knowledge of power level in chapter 1 so the fish thing is fine...........
Still, to this day, a Yonko lost an arm to a seamonster Buggy could low diff
A Yonko in his sleep should have enough haki in his body to ignore an attack like that
There is not an explanation for this that isn't totally inconsistent with the lore we know now
Oda can not even explain that Shanks fakes his strength because we saw him black Akainu's mag punch
Oda is a millionarie god tier mangaka. But he is absolutely NOT perfect and One Piece has major flaws. Shanks arm, IMO, is the biggest flaw of them all
Also, as I said, we have full of WTF moments. Zoro dodging the stones in Alabasta, is it haki? If it's not Haki, it's some kind of other power. Why have we not since then seen Zoro use this "other NOT HAKI power" again? Why doesn't anyone else at all use it too? What it was was an Oda mistake, he gave Zoro an asspull but later not even the author could explain what the hell was that.

I'm sure Oda has an army of assistants and consultants that reveal his story lore and say WELL YEAH THIS SHIT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE OF THIS PANEL 400 CHAPTERS AGO. There are professionals in Japan that study OP for a living and work for Jump. Also, the publisher has a lot of say in whatever goes on in the story. Toriyama has Shueisha on his ass about Dragon Ball every since Kid Goku defeated King Piccollo. Authors are not 100% in control of what happens at all.

That being said, when we have genius Oda, Jump, assistants and consultants, how the hell shit like Foxy Silver, Shanks' arm and Sanji Nosebleeding to death still passes through I have no idea.

Still, to this day, a Yonko lost an arm to a seamonster Buggy could low diff
A Yonko in his sleep should have enough haki in his body to ignore an attack like that
There is not an explanation for this that isn't totally inconsistent with the lore we know now
Oda can not even explain that Shanks fakes his strength because we saw him black Akainu's mag punch
Oda is a millionarie god tier mangaka. But he is absolutely NOT perfect and One Piece has major flaws. Shanks arm, IMO, is the biggest flaw of them all
Also, as I said, we have full of WTF moments. Zoro dodging the stones in Alabasta, is it haki? If it's not Haki, it's some kind of other power. Why have we not since then seen Zoro use this "other NOT HAKI power" again? Why doesn't anyone else at all use it too? What it was was an Oda mistake, he gave Zoro an asspull but later not even the author could explain what the hell was that.

I'm sure Oda has an army of assistants and consultants that reveal his story lore and say WELL YEAH THIS SHIT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE OF THIS PANEL 400 CHAPTERS AGO. There are professionals in Japan that study OP for a living and work for Jump. Also, the publisher has a lot of say in whatever goes on in the story. Toriyama has Shueisha on his ass about Dragon Ball every since Kid Goku defeated King Piccollo. Authors are not 100% in control of what happens at all.

That being said, when we have genius Oda, Jump, assistants and consultants, how the hell shit like Foxy Silver, Shanks' arm and Sanji Nosebleeding to death still passes through I have no idea.
I think you misread what I said........that was chapter 1, what makes you think oda was even aware of yonko or how powerful they would have become? I doubt oda knew that one piece will last this long..........and I am not talking if oda is god tier of garbage tier..........

1. Shanks getting his arm eaten by a level 1 fish. That was not clever foresight, the totally wrote himself into a corner in day 1. The explanation for this will never come or it'll be 100% bullshit like Sword Art Online OH I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHY I TRAPPED ALL THESE LITTLE KIDS IN A DEATH GAME yeah you are a fucking psycho
2. Foxy Silver Arc. That fucking arc.
3. Sanji gets a nosebleed for being a perverted simp and that is actually plot relevant, it's actually a potential fatal wound for him.
4. Sanji doesn't even use Haki because he doesn't want to hurt Maria's hands while she is beating the living shit out of him. Oh my God. Yes, it's in his character, but it was Oda who made this a PIRATE themed manga, not me. Sanji is probaby the worst pirate ever.
For the Shanks' arm thing, I think there are many reasonable ways to explain it. I interpreted the scene in the way Shanks deliberately lost it to show Luffy that being a pirate isn't easy and he isn't ready yet. As he said, Shanks 'bet' his arm on the new era (of which Luffy is probably the biggest part of). But yeah, I don't think it's the biggest plot hole ever. I would say that a bigger plot hole would be Shanks and Buggy not knowing about the existence of devil fruits and if they worked when they themselves sailed the new world and fought various devil fruit users such as the WBP.

That said, I definitely agree with your second and third points. LRLL is one of the shittiest canon arcs in existence and Sanji's gag being an actual plot point was the stupidest thing ever. I disagree with your fourth point but I'll skip the explanation for now as it can turn into a long-ass debate that I don't want at the moment, lol.

For the Shanks' arm thing, I think there are many reasonable ways to explain it. I interpreted the scene in the way Shanks deliberately lost it to show Luffy that being a pirate isn't easy and he isn't ready yet. As he said, Shanks 'bet' his arm on the new era (of which Luffy is probably the biggest part of). But yeah, I don't think it's the biggest plot hole ever. I would say that a bigger plot hole would be Shanks and Buggy not knowing about the existence of devil fruits and if they worked when they themselves sailed the new world and fought various devil fruit users such as the WBP.

That said, I definitely agree with your second and third points. LRLL is one of the shittiest canon arcs in existence and Sanji's gag being an actual plot point was the stupidest thing ever. I disagree with your fourth point but I'll skip the explanation for now as it can turn into a long-ass debate that I don't want at the moment, lol.
As far as being a PIRATE go, Sanji is the worst pirate ever. Oda could have gone with Ninja, Samurai, Biker gang, Soccer, any theme he wanted. He chose PIRATES. Ok.
As a Pirate, Sanji peaked as Mr. Prince. He is a strong man, he has a future with Charlotte Pudding, his family is rich as fuck, he is an amazing cook. Sanji has a lot of good things going for him.
But he is also in serious need of a therapist to help him deal with women. My god man, get your shit toghether.
And again, as far as being a pirate go, Sanji is 100% trash
Naruto is a shitty pirate too. But he is an amazing Ninja in a Ninja world. Being a shit pirate in a pirate world is not great
I agree that him not wanting to hurt Maria was in character for him and yatayatayata, but still, he's an embarassment of a Pirate. Pirates aren't supposed to give a shit about your gender, your crew needs you, your Captain needs you to be strong and not waste stamina getting bitchslapped
Sanji's character is complex to me.
The man is such a waste. He has all this potential to be cool Mr. Prince style. His new power up as a power ranger is great. Oda just seem to enjoy torturing the dude for no reason
Post automatically merged:

Foxy Silver is the worst cannon arc of not only One Piece, but of all Canon Manga in general. That shit is special levels of bad.
The only thing that approaches that level of stupid and bad is Bleach's arc where Ichigo has no Shinigami powers but go against super humans with some sort of asspull powers and the main villain's weapon was a bookmark.
That arc was so shit it killed, it fucking killed Bleach's anime adaptation, but I still think LRLL is worse