General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Sanji's showings in the New World, pre-Wano, weren't that bad, considering non-Luffy Straw Hats didn't get much spotlight. Obviously, I'll come off as a fanboy considering I have him as my profile pic or whatever it's called but I'lltry to be reasonable. I'll exclude Observation haki feats since it's clear he's skilled at that. At Fishman Island, with Hell's Memories, he was able to produce enough flames to cover Wadatsumi, who's easily the size of a mountain, and fry him.

Against Vergo, he didn't leave the clash looking all that impressive but he was able to kick Vergo into a steel wall, twice. The first time, it could be argued that Vergo was caught off-guard but there's no excuse for the second kick landing. He snapped his leg but that was after Vergo unexpectedly got up from Sanji's previous kick and landed his own but instead of parrying it, Sanji blocks it and pays the price. After this, they continue exchanging kicks and are interrupted by the announcement on Law and the gas spreading into the room. After Vergo leaves, Sanji comments that if it continued, it wouldn't have been good or something along those lines. Putting Sanji having been injured due to attacks on his body while Nami was in it aside, he didn't come out of the confrontation looking too bad, considering he didn't display any real hindrance due to the fracture later in the arc and honestly, that's probably not even the worst injury he's had. Vergo didn't use his fullbody armament so that makes it unlikely Sanji would've beat him but every single time Sanji busted out Diable Jambe in that fight, Vergo got kicked into a steel wall and when his leg was fractured, he'd already turned it off.

Against Doffy, his strength was acknowledged and he took a 5 coloured strings attack, got back up then got paralysed by parasyte. Not to mention, Sanji went into this fight, having no idea about Doflamingo's fruit. Honestly, not Sanji's best showing.

Against Judge he wasn't that interested in the match until the end. Looking at the fight, Sanji wasn't doing too well for most of it. He had his kick blocked and was thrown to the ground whilst they were in the sky and per his own words, that's where he's best (he says aerial combat is his forte). Judge has the flame-resistant Raid Suit so Sanji's attacks weren't as effective. Just when Sanji's flames grow stronger and he gets serious, Judge hides behind his men and Sanji completely loses interest in the fight but Judge still stabs through one of his men to attack Sanji and Sanji loses. Sanji off-screened Yonji, dislocated Niji's jaw after the Corsette incident and only lost to Niji due to Zeff being held hostage though Sanji went down after one named attack so he wasn't too impressive, durability and endurance-wise.

As far as Whole Cake Island goes, even though Sanji was pushed back by Daifuku's genie earlier on in the arc whilst surprised and a bit caught off guard, later in the arc, he matched the giant genie's swing. Against Oven, he kicked the guy so quick the guy didn't even see him. The impact of the base kick aside, that's an impressive speed feat as he kicked Oven from in front (though he came from behind then moved in front). He one-shotted Raisin. He one-shotted Bobbin (though it could be argued that Bobbin was caught off guard). Along with Luffy's Elephant Gun, he stopped Big Mom's swing with his Crosse strike.

Along with Wano feats, it's pretty reasonable that Sanji can fight a Calamity though he'd probably need help to actually beat one. I hope I didn't sound like too much of a fanboy though it's obvious I'm on Sanji's side.

Last edited:
This.

On top of that.

Unpopular opinion? 1000th should be at least in half outside of Wano to let us breathe for a moment.
I can't believe many people agree with oda's way of treating wb, this was the first time I got really angry reading manga. Do you remember when I said that matches only started after chapter 1000? And i was right, we won't go out wano in chapter 1000 because it's a luffy chapter