Vigilantes general discussion

N

NeutralWatcher

Who wants to see Knuckleduster vs Bakugou?

Bakugou made fun of Izuku because Izuku was quirkless. What would Bakugou's reaction be if he's defeated by Knuckleduster who is quirkless too?

N

NeutralWatcher

I don't read this yet so spoiler-free, please.

Are there characters in Vigilantes who are stronger than most of the meme heroes who could actually help in this war?
Yeah there are two I guess. One if the one I mentioned in my post above.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I don't read this yet so spoiler-free, please.

Are there characters in Vigilantes who are stronger than most of the meme heroes who could actually help in this war?
Captain Celebrity is easily an Endeavor level fighter. He's the #1 hero in America (5 years before the start of MHA) and does this;

Otherwise I'd say that 90% of all characters can be easily roasted by Dabi.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Looks interesting.

I wonder how strong American heroes are right now. All Might was sent there to train so I assume that they should have more competent ( stronger ) top 10.

I saw one spoiler in the past saying that villains sued a Hero in America so I immediately thought of America in Boku like some Boys ( TV Series ) kind of thing.
Apparently America in the MHA universe has real shitty laws protecting heroes after the fact. So, plenty of villains sued even the #1 like Captain Celebrity. It's portrayed as pretty thankless over there but I expect we'll see it after the current arc, Midoriya following in All Might's foot steps.

I'd be surprised if we saw many heroes on that higher spectrum though. Seems like Japan's the real hot bed for powers.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Hmm. I would argue I think? Because as we know All Might was that once in a century thing to happen for the Japanese Hero Society.

My MHA memory is blurry but didn't Japan had dark times before All Might come back here? Even AFO said that All Might was beating one after another of his comrades and etc.

All Might was basically Saitama with a bigger sense of Justice for Japan in MHA.

Horikoshi loves Marvel so I hope for some Avengers kind of stuff when Deku goes to the USA and I really really hope they have strong heroes. That All Might training thing definitely liven up my expectations for this arc.

Unless Shiggy kills everyone ofc:catblush:
All Might is the exception, but you still have Hawks, Endeavor, Mirko, Edgeshot, Jeanist, etc on the heroes side who are absolute power houses. I don't know if I'd expect America to have something comparable, given their best a few years ago was about on par or slightly above Endeavor power wise.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some kick ass and strong heroes in America. If Deku goes there, I've got the hunch he'll be showing everyone up.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

This was a really cool panel. Decent chapter, I liked the inclusion of O'Clock's old friend and the fact that Pop isn't being fully blamed.
What I like the most here is Koichi reaction this time. Last chapter when 6 threatened his life and Pop's the guy barely reacted and seemed hollow and weird and a LOT too nice. Now he is finally serious while still feeling like himself. I prefer this.

And yeah Koochi snipping the box was badass.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I stopped reading weekly at the Miruko flashback.

Gonna unfollow this thread and slowly reread the entire series. I remember loving the series more than regular MHA.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Because it’s better than MHA
Holy shit this was a god tier read.

Slice of life x minor romance x action. It was the right blind of character focus and larger plotting.

The final arc was iffy and a little underwhelming at the start but god do I love how it ended. And all the side characters who kept showing up were great. I think that's what I really love about Vigilantes, the fact you see reoccurring faces and they have their own flavor of personality. It also evolves throughout the story like Koichi's place being the central location to the cafe to every character moving around with no meet up place as they move on with their lives.

I was so upset when it looked like Knuckleduster and Pop were gonna die. And Number 6 became a really interesting character for me at the end. When he and Koichi began to almost bond in their unseen mental areas and you see him unhinge and let it all go.. Then his final parting gift to Koichi.

Not the best antagonist but I think he was great.

I love the CC comeback at the end. He's one of my favorite characters in MHA period and him coming through for Koichi is so satisfying. I wish Pop and Koichi had a real chapter devoted to their relationship at the end and I wish it ended with the characters being more in touch. Knuckleduster doing the same thing as before, Pop being more or less alone and Koichi a country away (I love how it's a reversal of CC's situation) is a little bit of a let down for the final chapter. I really wanted a scene of them together to send the series off.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Holy shit this was a god tier read.

Slice of life x minor romance x action. It was the right blind of character focus and larger plotting.

The final arc was iffy and a little underwhelming at the start but god do I love how it ended. And all the side characters who kept showing up were great. I think that's what I really love about Vigilantes, the fact you see reoccurring faces and they have their own flavor of personality. It also evolves throughout the story like Koichi's place being the central location to the cafe to every character moving around with no meet up place as they move on with their lives.

I was so upset when it looked like Knuckleduster and Pop were gonna die. And Number 6 became a really interesting character for me at the end. When he and Koichi began to almost bond in their unseen mental areas and you see him unhinge and let it all go.. Then his final parting gift to Koichi.

Not the best antagonist but I think he was great.

I love the CC comeback at the end. He's one of my favorite characters in MHA period and him coming through for Koichi is so satisfying. I wish Pop and Koichi had a real chapter devoted to their relationship at the end and I wish it ended with the characters being more in touch. Knuckleduster doing the same thing as before, Pop being more or less alone and Koichi a country away (I love how it's a reversal of CC's situation) is a little bit of a let down for the final chapter. I really wanted a scene of them together to send the series off.
Yeah Vigilante did a great job at what it did. It won’t ever be in the manga hall of fame but it has a nice little vibe.

Koichi is so much better than Deku. The guy has a real life.

Yeah the end could have included a moment with Pop and Koichi but it’s was still nice : skycrawler is a fucking great hero name

And I love the way KD is still the street smashing face

indont know if I want Koichi and co to make an appearance in the main show. I don’t know if it will somewhat ruined them or not