Manga Discussion Vinland saga

Can Askeladd pirate crew of 100 can take over Ketils farm ?

In Askeladd band you have Askeladd, Bjorn, and young Thorfinn (and all the others pirates / Vikings)

In Ketil farms you have : Snake, Thorgil, Fox and all the soldiers / farmers that were ready to fight against Canute. (No Adult Thorfinn or Einar)

@Light D Lamperouge @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @BillSlipton @TheKnightOfTheSea @RiShin @Kiiro @Enma @Tobra @Marimo_420 @Bepo @ranady @Nikuzi @Yoho @Cruxroux @DarkWitch @Mathias etc et
This is a tough question
Askeladd's army is way superior, I think it doesn’t need an explanation
characters like Fox wouldn’t make a difference, the average soldiers on Askeladd's side would kill him
It comes down to Askeladd and Bjorn vs Thorgil and Snake
Thorgil is an absolute menace and would beat Bjorn and Snake is agile, smart and has great sword skills like Askeladd
I would give the edge to Snake because of Askeladd's age
Thorgil would be enough the kill the rest of Askeladd‘s army but we still have Thorfinn
It would be a hard fight but I think Ketil's side would win extreme diff

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Young Thorfinn absolutely destroys Thorgil. Thorgil's good, don't get me wrong. But Thorfinn has a twisted determination and he wouldn't stop coming at a monster like Thorkell, someone who's much weaker and probably not much more agile/faster, isn't going to stand a chance. Hell, young Thorfinn probably gives Snake a good run for his money.
Honestly I’m not sure about that

Thorgil is a real beast of a fighter (the author like to name Thor-something the monsters lol)

The man was a unit

It would be a real fight. Thor Finn maybe has his chances but Thorgil isn’t stupid at all and is experienced too. He is a bit mad but he isn’t Thorkell, Thorgil doesn’t play with his food

If Askeladd were to invade Ketil's farm, he wouldn't go about it like Canute did.
If Askeladd uses preps and tactics I agree he would win
The man too smart

But in a direct clash it would be an other story and far more difficult

The specific match ups would be interesting. I personally think Snake's the toughest guy here, edging out Askeladd by a hair. IIRC, he was mentioned to be faster than Askeladd and just as skilled, though I think probably more, considering his past as a Varangian Guard.

I imagine if Snake and Askeladd did fight though, Askeladd wins because he's supremely underhanded. He's way too crafty and he's way too conniving to let himself be taken out in a straight up 1v1.
i agree with this

Snake >= Askeladd in a normal fair fight

but when push comes to shove I think Askeladd can find a trick

But Snake is hella experienced too and when focused is a bitch to deal with. He outplayed Thorfinn during their fight and managed to stab Arneith husband while moving Thorfinn where he wanted him to move.

Don’t know lol but it would be an insane fight

characters like Fox wouldn’t make a difference, the average soldiers on Askeladd's side would kill him
Are Fox and Badger and other that weak ?
if I remember correctly they managed to fight a little against Jormsviking during the war no ?

Honestly I’m not sure about that

Thorgil is a real beast of a fighter (the author like to name Thor-something the monsters lol)

The man was a unit

It would be a real fight. Thor Finn maybe has his chances but Thorgil isn’t stupid at all and is experienced too. He is a bit mad but he isn’t Thorkell, Thorgil doesn’t play with his food

If Askeladd uses preps and tactics I agree he would win
The man too smart

But in a direct clash it would be an other story and far more difficult

i agree with this

Snake >= Askeladd in a normal fair fight

but when push comes to shove I think Askeladd can find a trick

But Snake is hella experienced too and when focused is a bitch to deal with. He outplayed Thorfinn during their fight and managed to stab Arneith husband while moving Thorfinn where he wanted him to move.

Don’t know lol but it would be an insane fight

Are Fox and Badger and other that weak ?
if I remember correctly they managed to fight a little against Jormsviking during the war no ?
Fox was scared as hell and Badger immediately lost his arm
They’re not weak but Askeladd's army has a different mentality as pirates
They’re living the Viking lifestyle
Fox only bullied some defenceless slaves

Can Askeladd pirate crew of 100 can take over Ketils farm ?

In Askeladd band you have Askeladd, Bjorn, and young Thorfinn (and all the others pirates / Vikings)

In Ketil farms you have : Snake, Thorgil, Fox and all the soldiers / farmers that were ready to fight against Canute. (No Adult Thorfinn or Einar)

@Light D Lamperouge @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @BillSlipton @TheKnightOfTheSea @RiShin @Kiiro @Enma @Tobra @Marimo_420 @Bepo @ranady @Nikuzi @Yoho @Cruxroux @DarkWitch @Mathias etc et
Yes I believe they can Askeladd in my opinion is much more skilled than thorgill and his more cunning as well