Manga Discussion Vinland saga

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Can Askeladd pirate crew of 100 can take over Ketils farm ?

In Askeladd band you have Askeladd, Bjorn, and young Thorfinn (and all the others pirates / Vikings)

In Ketil farms you have : Snake, Thorgil, Fox and all the soldiers / farmers that were ready to fight against Canute. (No Adult Thorfinn or Einar)

@Light D Lamperouge @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @BillSlipton @TheKnightOfTheSea @RiShin @Kiiro @Enma @Tobra @Marimo_420 @Bepo @ranady @Nikuzi @Yoho @Cruxroux @DarkWitch @Mathias etc et

In Askeladd band you have Askeladd, Bjorn, and young Thorfinn (and all the others pirates / Vikings)

In Ketil farms you have : Snake, Thorgil, Fox and all the soldiers / farmers that were ready to fight against Canute. (No Adult Thorfinn or Einar)

@Light D Lamperouge @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @BillSlipton @TheKnightOfTheSea @RiShin @Kiiro @Enma @Tobra @Marimo_420 @Bepo @ranady @Nikuzi @Yoho @Cruxroux @DarkWitch @Mathias etc et
Ketils farm I would say... askeladd has no answer to Thorgill.
It will be just Askeladd vs Thor in episode 1-2.
He solos.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Ketils farm I would say... askeladd has no answer to Thorgill.
It will be just Askeladd vs Thor in episode 1-2.
He solos.
Thorfinn and Mushroom Bjorn can occupy Thorgil a lot
Young Thorfinn was a bit green but still quite strong (fight with Thorkell etc).

Askeladd vs Snake would be fun to see lol

and don’t forget that Askeladd folders are likely quite stronger than the soldiers and the farmers

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Oh, 100% yes. Askeladd's crew doesn't look impressive as the series goes on, but that's only compared to Thorkell's crew's of monsters and the Jomsvikings. Against the French in chapter 1, they absolutely butchered everyone inside the castle and sailed off before the invading forces could enter the fort.

Ketil's farm had about... 13 guests? Most of whom were probably brigands or likewise criminals, then Snake & Thorgil. The rest of his forces were comprised of peasant debtors who picked up weapons to fight for him and broke into a rout at the first signs of trouble.

_____

If Askeladd were to invade Ketil's farm, he wouldn't go about it like Canute did. Askeladd is sending someone in early to start a fire, to scatter Ketil's militia. After all, these people live off the land and there's not much use fighting for said land if it's ruined.

Once diminished, it's a shaky militia, a dozen killers and two actual, bonafide warriors against Askeladd's professional, experienced and sadistic vikings. It'll be a massacre. They're going to tear through so many of the peasants, killers like Fox are going to get nervous and lose morale.

The specific match ups would be interesting. I personally think Snake's the toughest guy here, edging out Askeladd by a hair. IIRC, he was mentioned to be faster than Askeladd and just as skilled, though I think probably more, considering his past as a Varangian Guard.

I imagine if Snake and Askeladd did fight though, Askeladd wins because he's supremely underhanded. He's way too crafty and he's way too conniving to let himself be taken out in a straight up 1v1.

Young Thorfinn absolutely destroys Thorgil. Thorgil's good, don't get me wrong. But Thorfinn has a twisted determination and he wouldn't stop coming at a monster like Thorkell, someone who's much weaker and probably not much more agile/faster, isn't going to stand a chance. Hell, young Thorfinn probably gives Snake a good run for his money.

Bjorn, even on shrooms, is too weak to fight either Thorgil or Snake. He's best terrorizing the locals.