Powers & Abilities Vol 103 SBS: Sanji's Invisibility comes from Speed, not Exoskeleton

Some Sanjibros like me wanted Sanji to have Invisibility from super speed movement AND from his Exoskeleton modification.
We took an L today.
Post automatically merged:

Above reasoning.

Also the SFX used in a certain panel made us think it's the "usual" invisibility.
That sfx was used to show the extent of his speed buff. He's so fast its essentially the same as the invisibility df

Last edited:
Sanji was unable to move properly during the queen fight. He said so himself his body was feeling wrong

Sanji showed this back in WCI.
Again you aren't countering the point. Sanji's exoskeleton is permanent to Sanji so his speed is also permanent to the exoskeleton. The speed feat of disappearing came once Sanji had full control of his body not at the beginning where Sanji didn't understand what was going on with his body. Don't be disingenuous now.

No Sanji didn't show that he could do this. Sanji didn't disappear to anyone and just speed blitz oven who was off guard and didn't even know Sanji was there. Niji for example was faster than Sanji in wci and he never shown anything like disappearing to people. So stop saying Sanji shown this when he flat out didn't. Speed blitzing someone isn't completely disappearing despite them actively trying to see you and having coo. Sanji never did that until awakened his exoskeleton.

Actually he said that the next time he reveals himself, it would be because he was out of stamina. Then we see Sanji reveal himself huffing. Afterwards, Sanji did not use that same movement. Hence, proving Queen's point.

Think of it this way, you need Stamina at 70-100% to use high speed movement. The more you use it, the more it drains stamina. If your stamina goes below that, you cannot use it.
Ik that stamina reduces significantly but the point was Queen was wrong.. and sanji wasn't out of breath like he suggested

out of breath is just figurative. What you need to look at is when Sanji reappeared, he didn't use high speed movement again.
it does imply he'd be completely exhausted ie: breathing heavily and seeming extremely weary if you understand the connotations.
I'm not gonna delve into why he fainted coz thats debated even amongst us fans.

to me it was his abilities pertaining to his eyebrow going back to normal since the next time we see him fainted was with his eyebrows reorganized.

I take what queen said to be an underestimation that's it

You are conflating too things.
On panel means as drawn, whenever a character uses high speed movement, they vanish. It does not mean that they will vanish to everyone but it means that they will be drawn as though they vanish.

COO is not based on eyesight so you are already wrong there.
Again wrong logic, COO predicts intent, therefore if your body cannot react to a characters speed, then you cannot do anything even though you predicted what will happen. Hence my point that Queen will still be able to react to Kuro because not all high speed movements are the same. So saying COO is useless is completely false.

Lucci was blitzed by G2 at least once and vice versa. Seems I need to clarify my point. Invisible to one person does not mean you are invisible to everyone...that's not my point. My point is using high speed movement = bring drawn as invisible.

Whenever Oda draws a character as invisible due to speed, it is because they are using high speed movement. However, not all high speed movement are the same speed so it still depends on the opponent to react
This tbh.
Enemy's perception matters when one uses super speed.
I bet Kuro seems to have super speed bordering invisible because the SH at that time just can't detect him properly.

Did he have the ability or use it at all against queen before the exoskeleton? Sanji speed blitz oven is not the same as constantly moving so fast you seem to disappear to your opponent. Sanji attacked oven off guard while he disappeared right in front of queen. Sanji couldn't even move that fast vs anyone when he got the RS yet you wanna argue Sanji could do it already? How could Sanji do it already when even with the RS that boosted his speed past his base he couldn't do something like that?

Again the exoskeleton boosted all of sanji's stats so yea it's because of the exoskeleton. Oda didn't separate Sanji for the exoskeleton but just said Sanji did it because of his speed. Sanji speed with the exoskeleton is sanji's new speed you can't separate the 2 because once Sanji got the exoskeleton he became a permanent part of him.
I think the same too.
Peak WCI Sanji's speed looks invisible to Oven and the residents, but in Onigashima, his speed can be perceived by Queen, even if he moves at the same velocity.

So yeah, WCI, Sanji's speed is "invisible" to Veteran level and in Wano, Sanji's speed is upgraded to be "invisible" to Commander level.
In EoS his speed can be "invisible" to Emperor level.

it does imply he'd be completely exhausted ie: breathing heavily and seeming extremely weary if you understand the connotations.

I'm not gonna delve into why he fainted
Agree. This is why Oda draws the Huff Huff SFX after Sanji reappears. Sooner or later he'd be exhausted.

I think Onigashima Sanji's ultraspeed, stamina cost is higher than his stamina regeneration. Next arc or EoS his stamina cost will be minimized or nullified, and his "invisibility" or "ultra speed" can be a permanent skill.
Think Itachi's Sharingan usage.

As to why he fainted, it's pretty apparent that it's done consciously/Sanji chooses to "rest".
This is because he does it after he gave the mouse to Osome, implying he can control "when" he will faint.

The source is due to exhaustion, because unlike Luffy and Zoro, Sanji did not rest properly. His total accumulation of the fatigue is a lot.

Last edited: