Volume 101 - Discussion Thread

I love how Franky turned himself into a ship in his could have gone wrong future! That may be the most entertaining future SH depiction.

Regarding Zoro and his physical similarities to Ushimaru, I still think there's a strong possibility that Oda is trolling us. I said that Ushimaru could be his maternal grandfather. Yes, Oda is telling the truth when he confirms that Ushimaru isn't Zoro's dad, but Ushimaru being Zoro's maternal grandfather would explain why Zoro's last name is Roronoa and it would explain why Zoro was born in the East Blue.
I think Ushimaru is his uncle. Zoro's mother is his little sister.

Oda acknowledged Strong World as well. DOes not mean Shiki got beat by Pre TS Luffy.
It's at least debatable but still Fujitora can very well still be a swordsman despite he doesn't feature. Other relevant characters who are obvious swordsmen don't anyway.

G

Gorosei Informer

That's the issue I have with one piece/Oda.
He has been milking this whole series for DECADES and keeps using manipulative writing to keep the readers interested for what comes next.
Oda is neither superiorly talented nor the best storyteller nor very creative with character designs. This boichi guy can even draw better than him.

Oda is part of the manga establishment and therefore keeps getting money by simply shitting out anything and knowing it will be sucked up by his thirsty fanboys.
That's exactly it! That's why I've been so frustrated and fed up with him! Oda was best when he focused on the adventure, kept things much more scaled down and simpler, when the series wasn't so overbloated/saturated and he could show how well he can write world building (which he still does post TS ofc), character interactions, humour, emotional moments and fights and such.

I've been talking to a friend on how much OP has changed and gotten worse and I can't bear the idea of anymore than a few more years of OP anymore. I just want the story to end and everything to be wrapped up FINALLY but I fear a LOT of things may still go unanswered by the time it ends, on deliberate design to keep the hype/mystery alive in the fandom and also to parallel how Luffy hates "knowing spoilers" of whats to come and the mystery and romance of adventure, yadda yadda/blah blah etc.

The more Oda drags this out, the more likely he is tempting fate and we might end up losing him prematurely like what happened with Miura and Berserk. Imagine we lose Oda before One Piece ends? Not exactly a "fun thought" is it? I wish more of the fanbase would wake up and realise this possibility and stop living in the Will of Denial/Delusion.

After 22 years and the fact we're 1034 chapters in or whatever, we still don't know what Vegapunk looks like never mind seeing him actually appear and do something, what the D means, what the OP is, where Laugh Tale actually is, what Laugh Tale is like, Shanks' full name, Green Bull's appearance, debut and role in an arc/the story, Zoan and Logia awakenings fully shown and explained
and so on. Someone made a MASSIVE on-going list of all the still unanswered mysteries and unknown aspects of OP so far, it's been a massive list for a long time now and it feels like it's getting bigger in some ways rather than smaller. I remember making a massive list of mysteries for Wano alone pre Onigashima too! Still a LOT of things unanswered here too!

I can go back to old OP and still love it despite all its flaws. Post TS OP has some pretty amazing stuff too, don't get me wrong but I am so tired of Oda's shit now, that he still won't relent on but doubles down on instead.

But you know, Oda is flawless, Oda is perfect, Oda is God-a and we should just be patient, let him do his thing, let him do his setup and just be grateful and consoom/consume.

:saden::cantseeme:

Imagine you're waiting for what should be the most amazing meal of your life BUT the chef keeps on delaying the process for some reason, it keeps taking longer to cook somehow, they keep adding unnecessary ingredients and thus flavours to the dish and it adds to the cooking time too?

It's been HOURS but there's still no sign of your dish, you're absolutely starving, you're tired and sore from waiting so long, the disappointment and pain is immeasurable and your day is ruined BUT still the chef insists on fulfilling their grandiose, overly ambitious, Frankensteining, bastardising unholy chimera/amalgamation of a once beautiful, simple, not too pretenious dish with prosperous promise originally?

Eventually, the chef deems their masterpiece is done with no care to how starving you are by this point. The chef only cares about how spectacular the dish looks, how it tastes, how magnificent the presentation is despite signs between the surface suggesting otherwise AND this whole time, everytime you tried to raise a complaint or just simply ask when your food is going to come, you just see a silhouette of the chef, the wait staff are "offscreen" and the other customers call you a "hater/ungrateful/entitled/manchild" and tell you to "read the menu" or read it more, that you're not "reading it properly" even.

You contemplated leaving the place, going somewhere else, even getting fast food to be "safe" and get results MUCH quicker and more reliably naturally BUT you don't want to settle for less, you waited THIS LONG, you invested so much into this, you came this far, how can you give up now? Other patrons at the restaurant are telling you to just "drop the restaurant" er I mean "Just leave the restaurant" but you've been here for what feels like most of your life and it may as well be!

FINALLY, the chef swans out of the kitchen like a proud swan, embraced by their own incomparable beauty and obsessed with their own self image, much like the completely idiotic and merely mortal son of the Gods, Narcissus. The chef cares not for how long you've waited, the chef hears you, the chef don't care, as they display their unspeakable creation in the air.

As you ready to lay absolute verbal wrath onto the pretentious poser posing as a culinary artist or magician, they lay your long awaited dish on the table in front of you. And words truly cannot describe what would come next, the immense flood of a variety of emotions/feelings and thoughts going into overdrive.

Your body shaking as you feebly grasp a fork and knight knife, you try to poke and slice away at your steak, only to realise the inevitable and damning mistake you had made this whole time, for you are a harbinger of the Will of Damnation, the Deliverer of the Damnatory after all!
Like a person stranded helplessly in the merciless heat and ironically ocean of sand of the er...sand deserts, you feel you've just had your just desserts when you think you've finally found a miraculous oasis when all hope was lost, when you were on the verge of Death by Dehyrdration, only to Discover it was "Just an Illusion":

As you put a piece of steak to your mouth (said steak covered in so many different sauces, toppings and what not, you can barely recognise it anyway), it is the most bewildering and underwhelming thing you've ever tasted somehow. Despite the absolute multitude of ingredients that went into it and the non-stop, intense Determination and Drive of the chef in the kitchen, the over abundance of flavours has caused a catastrophe of flavour clashes and they have cancelled one another not and I don't mean in the Twitter sense either!

You've waited serveral literal hours for this. You've feels like you've missed the world itself, eras have come and gone whilst you waited in that purgatory, that limbo of a restaurant and for what? A meal you cannot recognise anymore, a meal completely unlike how you ever remembered it before, a meal so abundant in ingredients, that they cannot exist peacefully together, they cannot harmonise and are competing for attention in a sort of gastro battle royale.

As you contemplate your recent Decisions, the most overwhelming existential crisis kicks in and you're left wondering, was it ever worth it? Is this what you ever waited so long for? Did you overhype the ingredients? The chef? The restaurant? Did you expect far too much? Did it cause you to set your expectations too high due to the inspiring, incredible standards it set before? I mean this restaurant and it's chef are lauded as the VERY, VERY GREATEST around, the chef known as the The Worlds' Greatest Chef and has never been defeated in a cook off, with their legendary Black Baster?

At this point, you question do you only have yourself to blame for believing the hype or is the chef's extreme self indulgence the real culprit here? And thus this story ends in regret, disappointment and a trip to McDonalds, where our ill fated protagonist drowns their sorrow into a a McFlurry as they're ironically no longer in a hurry.

:josad::perocry::pepemy::pepemotion:

(And yes I am aware of how ironically self indulgent and grandiose this is, I got way too carried away and couldn't resist!)
:vistalaugh::rolaugh::cantseeme::saden:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Ballel

That's exactly it! That's why I've been so frustrated and fed up with him! Oda was best when he focused on the adventure, kept things much more scaled down and simpler, when the series wasn't so overbloated/saturated and he could show how well he can write world building (which he still does post TS ofc), character interactions, humour, emotional moments and fights and such.

I've been talking to a friend on how much OP has changed and gotten worse and I can't bear the idea of anymore than a few more years of OP anymore. I just want the story to end and everything to be wrapped up FINALLY but I fear a LOT of things may still go unanswered by the time it ends, on deliberate design to keep the hype/mystery alive in the fandom and also to parallel how Luffy hates "knowing spoilers" of whats to come and the mystery and romance of adventure, yadda yadda/blah blah etc.

The more Oda drags this out, the more likely he is tempting fate and we might end up losing him prematurely like what happened with Miura and Berserk. Imagine we lose Oda before One Piece ends? Not exactly a "fun thought" is it? I wish more of the fanbase would wake up and realise this possibility and stop living in the Will of Denial/Delusion.

After 22 years and the fact we're 1034 chapters in or whatever, we still don't know what Vegapunk looks like never mind seeing him actually appear and do something, what the D means, what the OP is, where Laugh Tale actually is, what Laugh Tale is like, Shanks' full name, Green Bull's appearance, debut and role in an arc/the story, Zoan and Logia awakenings fully shown and explained
and so on. Someone made a MASSIVE on-going list of all the still unanswered mysteries and unknown aspects of OP so far, it's been a massive list for a long time now and it feels like it's getting bigger in some ways rather than smaller. I remember making a massive list of mysteries for Wano alone pre Onigashima too! Still a LOT of things unanswered here too!

I can go back to old OP and still love it despite all its flaws. Post TS OP has some pretty amazing stuff too, don't get me wrong but I am so tired of Oda's shit now, that he still won't relent on but doubles down on instead.

But you know, Oda is flawless, Oda is perfect, Oda is God-a and we should just be patient, let him do his thing, let him do his setup and just be grateful and consoom/consume.

Imagine you're waiting for what should be the most amazing meal of your life BUT the chef keeps on delaying the process for some reason, it keeps taking longer to cook somehow, they keep adding unnecessary ingredients and thus flavours to the dish and it adds to the cooking time too?

It's been HOURS but there's still no sign of your dish, you're absolutely starving, you're tired and sore from waiting so long, the disappointment and pain is immeasurable and your day is ruined BUT still the chef insists on fulfilling their grandiose, overly ambitious, Frankensteining, bastardising unholy chimera/amalgamation of a once beautiful, simple, not too pretenious dish with prosperous promise originally?

Eventually, the chef deems their masterpiece is done with no care to how starving you are by this point. The chef only cares about how spectacular the dish looks, how it tastes, how magnificent the presentation is despite signs between the surface suggesting otherwise AND this whole time, everytime you tried to raise a complaint or just simply ask when your food is going to come, you just see a silhouette of the chef, the wait staff are "offscreen" and the other customers call you a "hater/ungrateful/entitled/manchild" and tell you to "read the menu" or read it more, that you're not "reading it properly" even.

You contemplated leaving the place, going somewhere else, even getting fast food to be "safe" and get results MUCH quicker and more reliably naturally BUT you don't want to settle for less, you waited THIS LONG, you invested so much into this, you came this far, how can you give up now? Other patrons at the restaurant are telling you to just "drop the restaurant" er I mean "Just leave the restaurant" but you've been here for what feels like most of your life and it may as well be!

FINALLY, the chef swans out of the kitchen like a proud swan, embraced by their own incomparable beauty and obsessed with their own self image, much like the completely idiotic and merely mortal son of the Gods, Narcissus. The chef cares not for how long you've waited, the chef hears you, the chef don't care, as they display their unspeakable creation in the air.

As you ready to lay absolute verbal wrath onto the pretentious poser posing as a culinary artist or magician, they lay your long awaited dish on the table in front of you. And words truly cannot describe what would come next, the immense flood of a variety of emotions/feelings and thoughts going into overdrive.

Your body shaking as you feebly grasp a fork and knight, you try to poke and slice away at your steak, only to realise the inevitable and damning mistake you had made this whole time, for you are a harbinger of the Will of Damnation, the Deliverer of the Damnatory after all!
Like a person stranded helplessly in the merciless heat and ironically ocean of sand of the er...sand deserts, you feel you've just had your just desserts when you think you've finally found a miraculous oasis when all hope was lost, when you were on the verge of Death by Dehyrdration, only to Discover it was "Just an Illusion":

As you put a piece of steak to your mouth (said steak covered in so many different sauces, toppings and what not, you can barely recognise it anyway), it is the most bewildering and underwhelming thing you've ever tasted somehow. Despite the absolute multitude of ingredients that went into it and the non-stop, intense Determination and Drive of the chef in the kitchen, the over abundance of flavours has caused a catastrophe of flavour clashes and they have cancelled one another not and I don't mean in the Twitter sense either!

You've waited serveral literal hours for this. You've feels like you've missed the world itself, eras have come and gone whilst you waited in that purgatory, that limbo of a restaurant and for what? A meal you cannot recognise anymore, a meal completely unlike how you ever remembered it before, a meal so abundant in ingredients, that they cannot exist peacefully together, they cannot harmonise and are competing for attention in a sort of gastro battle royale.

As you contemplate your recent Decisions, the most overwhelming existential crisis kicks in and you're left wondering, was it ever worth it? Is this what you ever waited so long for? Did you overhype the ingredients? The chef? The restaurant? Did you expect far too much? Did it cause you to set your expectations too high due to the inspiring, incredible standards it set before? I mean this restaurant and it's chef are lauded as the VERY, VERY GREATEST around, the chef known as the The Worlds' Greatest Chef and has never been defeated in a cook off, with their legendary Black Baster?

At this point, you question do you only have yourself to blame for believing the hype or is the chef's extreme self indulgence the real culprit here? And thus this story ends in regret, disappointment and a trip to McDonalds, where our ill fated protagonist drowns their sorrow into a a McFlurry as they're ironically no longer in a hurry.

(And yes I am aware of how ironically self indulgent and grandiose this is, I got way too carried away and couldn't resist!)
You should write novels mate

Your body shaking as you feebly grasp a fork and knight, you try to poke and slice away at your steak, only to realise the inevitable and damning mistake you had made this whole time, for you are a harbinger of the Will of Damnation, the Deliverer of the Damnatory after all!

I read six novels this week. Last week, i binged XMen. Point? There’s a lot to do out there If you want content. Go. Touch. Some. Grass.

We don't know why Kozaburo left Wano. Nothing in his thread talked about him leaving because of Kaido/Orochi.
Do you get what i mean? His thing was that Kozaburo left wano WITH ZORO on request from Ushimaru for whatever reason

Yes he doesnt say this exactly but this is what he insinuates

That Kozaburo leaving Wano connects to why Zoro is in the east blue or some shit… Which is wrong

I love how Franky turned himself into a ship in his could have gone wrong future! That may be the most entertaining future SH depiction.

Regarding Zoro and his physical similarities to Ushimaru, I still think there's a strong possibility that Oda is trolling us. I said that Ushimaru could be his maternal grandfather. Yes, Oda is telling the truth when he confirms that Ushimaru isn't Zoro's dad, but Ushimaru being Zoro's maternal grandfather would explain why Zoro's last name is Roronoa and it would explain why Zoro was born in the East Blue.
I don't think that timeline works though.

We saw Ushimaru in Yamatrash's flashback. That means he was still in Wano say 23ish years ago. Zoro is 21. For Ushimaru to be Zoro's grandfather, his daughter would have had to have fled Wano 21+ years ago, abandoning her father before Kaido took over, but somehow Koshiro and Kozaburo never treated Zoro as part of the family, even though he is technically Shimotsuki. It also basically torpedos the Zoro x Tashigi ship, given that she would now bear resemblance to Zoro's dead cousin. :odenugh:

I could be wrong, and Ushimaru may be related to Zoro, but Oda would have a lot of explaining to do.

@Den_Den_Mushi math isn't my forte, so I could see myself making a mistake regarding flashbacks and timelines. Could it be possible that Ushimaru had a hypothetical daughter at a young age and then she also had Zoro at a young age?

I don't how Oda would explain why Koshiro just treated Zoro as a student. Was he doing that to protect Zoro for someone? Maybe the Shimotsuki clan hated the Roronoa family and Koshiro begrudgingly mentored Zoro? At this point I am not sure if Oda will ever give me a clear answer regarding Zoro's past.

B

Ballel

@Den_Den_Mushi math isn't my forte, so I could see myself making a mistake regarding flashbacks and timelines. Could it be possible that Ushimaru had a hypothetical daughter at a young age and then she also had Zoro at a young age?

I don't how Oda would explain why Koshiro just treated Zoro as a student. Was he doing that to protect Zoro for someone? Maybe the Shimotsuki clan hated the Roronoa family and Koshiro begrudgingly mentored Zoro? At this point I am not sure if Oda will ever give me a clear answer regarding Zoro's past.
When in his first flashback was it statedthat Kuina is NOT his cousin? This flashback was really short and we don't really see much of Koshiro and,Zoro's relationship

Yeah could be, but then Oda would need to explain

• How Ushimaru's daughter left Wano
  • Whether this was before or after Orochi took over
  • Why Ushimaru's daughter had no Wano heirlooms, stories etc that she passed down to her son. The Shimotsuki were a prestigious clan, why would she just throw their legacy away?
  • Did she run away because of Zoro's father? If so, how did she meet him if he's not from Wano and the borders are closed?
  • Why did Ushimaru let his daughter and grandson just leave without him?
When in his first flashback was it statedthat Kuina is NOT his cousin? This flashback was really short and we don't really see much of Koshiro and,Zoro's relationship
If Zoro is a Shimotsuki, that automatically makes him and Kuina cousins of some sort. Making it very creepy that Zoro blushed when she touched her chest and even creepier if he chases a woman that looks like his dead cousin.