Volume 101 - Discussion Thread

Yeah could be, but then Oda would need to explain

• How Ushimaru's daughter left Wano
  • Whether this was before or after Orochi took over
  • Why Ushimaru's daughter had no Wano heirlooms, stories etc that she passed down to her son. The Shimotsuki were a prestigious clan, why would she just throw their legacy away?
  • Did she run away because of Zoro's father? If so, how did she meet him if he's not from Wano and the borders are closed?
  • Why did Ushimaru let his daughter and grandson just leave without him?

If Zoro is a Shimotsuki, that automatically makes him and Kuina cousins of some sort. Making it very creepy that Zoro blushed when she touched her chest and even creepier if he chases a woman that looks like his dead cousin.
You bring up several good questions and I don't have any satisfactory answers because I haven't given my headcanon that much thought. I am considering your points though.

Oda: Including the subordinate crews, the Red Hair Pirates are now a huge team. People who appeared at the Summit War with a DOOM are the current executives, and they know Luffy.

Shanksbros I thought Shanks was supposed to be like the Straw Hats or Roger crew? :crazwhat:Why does he have a huge team with executives on the side, does this mean that his executives are a lot less stronger than was initially thought to be??

SBS 101

Franky in age 50 and 70 !

ROFL... Bad timeline version looks like the speculated Silver Axe/the TB zombie with John...

Good timeline looks like Tom, Bad timeline looks like the zombie I mentioned above... Reminds me of Sanji's good (Zeff) and bad (Judge) timeline versions...

Shanks Crew !

Lime Juice - Bunk Banji/Panshi - Monster (Monkey) - Building Snake - Hongo - Howling Gab - Rockstar.
*left to right

What? We're getting their names via SBS? IIRC, their version of M3 (minus Yasopp?) also got their names via SBS?

Yamato Kanabo "humanized".

Nice to see Yamato getting so much love from Japanese readers...

Mr.Eiichiro Oda, I have read chapter 1024 and is deeply intrigued. Is the person who call himself "so and so" the father of Mr. Zoro?

Oda: I got a lot of questions about "so and so". It's kind of rude to reveal it since the person we're talking about is hiding it, but since a lot of you are asking I'll formally introduce them.
Daimyo of Ringo: Shimotsuki Ushimaru
Daimyo of Kibi: Fugetsu Omusubi (triangle head person)
Daimyo of Udon: Uzuki Tenpura
After the death of Oden, all of the regions rise up to take down Orochi, but they were defeated by the Beasts Pirates. Shimotsuki Ushimaru and Onimaru, the fox who stole shusui from Zoro, were a famous duo. There was orginally going to be a scene when Onimaru is stealing Shusui, he is shocked by the appearance of Zoro, who looks identical to young Ushimaru; but that just makes things complicated so it got cut, besides it might not even be brought up in the manga.
Anyway I'll answer your question, Ushimaru is not Zoro's dad. These three characters' name won't be revealed in the manga, so I include them here. Regarding the lineage of Ushimaru, I'm not sure whether I'll draw more or hide it, so let's end the discussion here. They really do look alike huh?
Good to now that those people are not first degree relatives...

If the Monkey is an executive, then this is 10. Add Mihawk as an ally, 11. Add Yamato as a Strawhat, 11. BB already has 11, him + 10 titanic captains.

We gonna have a neat endgame.
Chopper vs. Monster?
Zoro vs. Mihawk?
Sanji vs. Benn?

Age 50 So cold, let me build some heater for the island
Age 70 I fixed your bike, but I also put some canons on it
Something happened
Age 50 I shall destroy all ships in this world-robo
Age 70 I am~a battleship~ grandpa Fran~
(Franji, sounds similar to Franky)

Hello Oda sensei, why do you put x in the o of One Piece? I understand it's for the skull, but you put it everywhere like in sbs, I'm curious

Oda: It's fun!! But that doesn't matter, you have something at the corner of your postcard!! Doflaminpple! "By elder sister"! Your sister doodled on your postcard! Lol
Doflaminpple is the best!
Franky went back to vegapunks island to finish the heating :finally:

• Why Ushimaru's daughter had no Wano heirlooms, stories etc that she passed down to her son. The Shimotsuki were a prestigious clan, why would she just throw their legacy away?
  • Did she run away because of Zoro's father? If so, how did she meet him if he's not from Wano and the borders are closed?

If Zoro is a Shimotsuki, that automatically makes him and Kuina cousins of some sort. Making it very creepy that Zoro blushed when she touched her chest and even creepier if he chases a woman that looks like his dead cousin.
creepy in your only culture

That blushing scene wasn't in the manga

I don't think that timeline works though.

We saw Ushimaru in Yamatrash's flashback. That means he was still in Wano say 23ish years ago. Zoro is 21. For Ushimaru to be Zoro's grandfather, his daughter would have had to have fled Wano 21+ years ago, abandoning her father before Kaido took over, but somehow Koshiro and Kozaburo never treated Zoro as part of the family, even though he is technically Shimotsuki. It also basically torpedos the Zoro x Tashigi ship, given that she would now bear resemblance to Zoro's dead cousin. :odenugh:

I could be wrong, and Ushimaru may be related to Zoro, but Oda would have a lot of explaining to do.
greg said that the Shimotzuki lineage is a mess:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Tashigi and Kuina look alike too… No relationship though… And Oda doesnt need to explain why they look alike… they just do for plot
First about the Kuina / Tashigi : it was already always a bit lame that Oda never explained why Tashigi looked so much like Kuina, and that Oda never deepened Zoro/Tashigi relationship.
But he could escape the trial just saying yeah they are looking alike and it s disturbing Zoro. Nothing more. Lame but it can work.

But for Zoro and Ushimaru it’s ten times more lame and incoherent : Zoro is raised in Shimotsuki village, was close to the old shimotsuki blacksmith, had a relationship with Yasuie Shimotsuki, has a relationship with Ushimaru dog, has a massive ressemblance to Ushimaru himself, has a massive ressemblance with Ryuma who was also a shimotsuki etc etc

If Zoro is not a shimotsuki at this point it’s stupid and if Oda doesn’t explain anything about Zoro ancestors it’s beyond stupid

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I am just going with the idea that Zoro's mother may be Shimotsuki while Roronoa his father.

Or no relation to Shimotsuki at all, just the whole inherited will at work again hence why Zoro resembles Ryuma/Ushimaru

I still prefer Zoro without any relation to big names.

Idk why Oda is being super confusing to the readers about this whole ordeal
Yeah I would prefer a looooootttttt if Zoro wasn’t related to anyone but given all the hints and panels Oda drew now it would look so stupid not making them related at least a little bit