Volume 109 - Discussion Thread (July 4th, 2024)

I rate Ace as one of the most underrated characters in the series.

- Pre New World Ace beat Shichibukai Hanafuda
- Pre WB Ace fought to a draw vs (Highly motivated) Shichibukai Jinbei
- Pre WB Ace fought CoC Yamato to a draw
- WB Ace took out NW Veterans like Doma
- WB Ace fought very well against Yami BB

Ace strength and potential was through the roof. Like Luffy he most likely had the ability to level up several times during fights.
Yes, he was strong, but not strong enough to face an high yonko commander

Ace definitely was. He was able to counter Kuzans attack and was able to shoot off island sized fireballs.

Marineford Ace ~ Current Sabo
All of the brothers are monsters. I'm willing to bet once we see Sabo fighting an actually strong opponent again (not including his little scuffle with the Gorosei since he was literally up against 5 top tiers with crazy regen hax and even crazier Haki) he'll look really good. Dude's probably around King's level rn

I rate Ace as one of the most underrated characters in the series.

- Pre New World Ace beat Shichibukai Hanafuda
- Pre WB Ace fought to a draw vs (Highly motivated) Shichibukai Jinbei
- Pre WB Ace fought CoC Yamato to a draw
- WB Ace took out NW Veterans like Doma
- WB Ace fought very well against Yami BB

Ace strength and potential was through the roof. Like Luffy he most likely had the ability to level up several times during fights.
- Pre new world ace beat shichibukai hanafuda , we don't how. It's still a question. Luffy beat 2 of the warlord during pre time skip. Neither of them should make sense.
- Pre WB fought to draw vs jimbei? Ofc he did , after entering new world he got stronger and stronger and went to meet Shanks and was strong enough at that point for shanks to take a notice of this guy.
- Pre WB ace fought CoC yamato to a draw? How do we know she had access to adcoc back then?
- WB ace was already commnander level , YC2 , it shouldn't be a big deal at that time.
- I can never considered BB fights to be very well. He would take damage from anyone uses brain like bigmam during fights. None the less , BB dominated the fight , it was nothing more than Post 1010 luffy vs kaidou and pre 1011 luffy. Barely standing against a Yami Teach is not a feat. BB demolished Ace. Magallen negged the whole crew alone.

That's the problem , Ace barely tapped into haki , the problem with logia users are they are way too arrogant.
Haki blooms in battle but we don't if DF does the same. DF grows at a linear line not exponentially like haki.
DF can be trained to strong and haki blooms are unparalleled compared to Haki training.

Ace was for sure strong , but
Pre time skip Ace was barely veteran level.
Pre WB ace was YC2~YC3.
WB ace was around YC1.
And that's it.
He had zero feats to go past any of YC1.
Weaker than Katakuri.

He had potential for sure , it was still be fleshed out.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
How about this

- Ex-Beast Pirate, formerly Captain of his own Lizard Pirates crew that chose to serve under Kaido
- Secret: Undercover like Vergo. Under the guise of Shichibukai was able to collect DF for Beast Pirates.
- Bounty: Approximately 1.25 B, a lot closer to Queen and King than Jack.
- DF: Some sort of Lizard/Dragon/Dinosaur fruit
I can dig this. His head does fit the silhouette of the Calamities, back when they were first introduced in Wano.

A fire logia is a very powerful ability to have. Even without a trace of haki someone with a fire logia probably beats 95% of the NW pirates.

Fire defense is very rare - not everybody has a rubber body, cutting fire is a very rare ability and CoA can only protect from fire for so long.

We shouldn't forget that.

Last edited:
Very good SBS info. Hanafuda, with the naming scheme and ancient zoan collecting might be the former business partner of Kaido. The main source of most of the BP's fruits. When he was defeated Doflamingo and the Smiles became the replacement.

On the other hand, the Beast Pirates had a severe lack of heavy hitters compared to the other Yonko crews. There's a chance Hanafuda was a former member himself. It would make sense that Kaido used to have other fighters that have since left or died, due to the survival of the fittest nature of the crew.