News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

D

Deleted member 83

But Eten didn´t he basically said it for One piece:
"I would say it’s over because the most interesting part of Luffy’s adventure, the story of what is One Piece exactly? is done at that point. "
The story for One piece is done at 5years, the story behind one piece and later he add the biggest part.
You can be right too, but it feels like more he saying at 5years we probably know the story behind One piece but he didn´t say the manga himself ends then right?
yeah, allow me to I correct myself, I don't know which understanding is right

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES THATS MY NEW HEADCANON I TAKE THIS! WANO 2 MORE YEARS, ELBAF 1 MORE YEAR, MORE ARCS 1-2 YEARS UNTIL ONE PIECE IS FOUND. AFTER THAT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
Quite literally my thoughts exactly!! I think within this timeframe Oda will be setting up the war, perhaps EVEN starting it, but Luffy's crew won't join in on it until they have found One Piece.

I personally think Oda is being coy on purpose.

Based on Eten's translation, it seems he entirely avoids confirming "Serialization" will actually end in 5 years. BUT, he seems to double down that Luffy's actual, physical journey should be ending in 5 years. Basically, knowing what the Void Century is, One Piece, becoming PK, etc. which will serve as fuel for the final war.

Should be accomplished in this timeframe. Luffy "journey" is the act of actually leaving his hometown to ending up in Laugh Tale. Yes, this WILL end when he finds One Piece and becomes PK. HOWEVER, this does not mean serialization will end because as you can tell from Oda's comments a war is also happening too. This also works with how the percentage comments have been regarding Luffy's "journey". Wano could mark the 80% point of Luffy's actual Journey. Elbaf could mark 90%. Lodestar could mark 95%. Laugh Tale could mark 100% officially, but it doesn't mean its over.

My guess is that we have another 5 years (including Wano's conclusion), to get to THAT point, then an undefined number of years/chapters to actually complete the major story.
LETS GOOOOOOOO

Sound more like setup for some dreadful spinoffs to my pessimistic self.

Lol
Hopefully not. The way it "sounds" to me is "serialization" of One Piece (the actual manga), may not be over, but Luffy's physical journey will be. We get there in 5 years, it leaves room for however Oda actually wants to end the series.

What I'm hoping is it means more adventure to be had for a few years post-Wano. Let us organically reach Laugh Tale within that timeframe. We've spent so long on the journey portion, hopefully he isn't rushing the journey and a complete war in that timeframe.

To me it sounds better (and hopefully what he means) if:

- ~5 years till Luffy finds Laugh Tale (within that time, a number of remaining islands like Elbaf, Lodestar, Vegapunk, God Valley, Laugh Tale, whatever)

- Final War setup during this timeframe but the main portions of it after Luffy is PK.