News Volume 99 coming on June 2021

Wait until we find out that Ace was Lokis best friend
:goatasure:
If...when Oda will ruin Loki and Elbaf :yurazclear:
Post automatically merged:

Best case scenario for Sanji, he soloes a Calamity, and this still doesn't close the gap
Zoro's level is totally made up. He did great against Kaido, but nothing suggests Queen or King going all out would've fared worse.
Not being fool enough to fight a Yonko and break every bones in their body, doesn't put the YCs below anyone on the roof bar Luffy.

And Luffy is far stronger than Zoro, in base form he was the only one clashing with Kaido.

Last edited:
Actually, ignore the Supernova point if you want. It's not important to my complaint, so seizing on it feels weird (I don't actually care that much about the point, so I don't want to debate it's importance).

The thrust of my argument was around how lackluster Sanji's depiction as a combatant has been postskip.

So far it looks like: 1 ~ 2 >> 3 ~ 4 > 5.

Sanji is much closer to Jimbe and Franky than to Luffy and Zoro. And this isn't going to change.

Best case scenario for Sanji, he soloes a Calamity, and this still doesn't close the gap.

Even if Sanji beats Queen and Zoro King, it would only reinforce that Zoro >> Sanji (because Zoro is heavily injured and Oda is not going to magic away those injuries).

Honestly, by feats Jimbe > Sanji, but I'm giving Sanji the benefit of the doubt.

Sanji seems closer to Franky than Zoro, and this is like one of the few times (the only time) I could actually genuinely say this. Franky is holding his own against a stronger Tobi Roppo than the Tobi Roppo Sanji failed to defeat.
Queen is on a whole other level than Sasaki and Whos Who, so Sanji defeating him puts him on a different level than Jimbe Franky.

If anything, the Jimbe/Franky match-ups are there to show that Jimbe is pushed more towards the Mid section of the SH's, and as usual the addition of a new SH has no effect on the status of the M3.

Let's see how the fights play out for Zoro, Sanji, King and Queen. Maybe Zoro is restored greatly by Marco and Chopper to the point where his strength is not significantly hindered.

It's possible that :

Luffy is pushed by Oda to prove Yamato's fear that no one can defeat Kaido in a 1 vs 1 wrong, and he defeats Kaido.
Zoro defeats King after getting a lot of healing
Sanji defeats Queen

The other SH's solo or team up to defeat the Flying Six.

How would you look at the above and not see the M3 as relevant as ever ?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Let's see how the fights play out for Zoro, Sanji, King and Queen. Maybe Zoro is restored greatly by Marco and Chopper to the point where his strength is not significantly hindered.
I don't think this is plausible.
  • If Oda wanted Zoro to be healthy, he would have removed Zoro without injuring him so greatly (see Law).
  • Hakai and the damage it dealt to Zoro is an opportunity to highlight Zoro shining through adversity.
    • I really doubt Oda will pass on it, see Zoro in Arlong Park.
  • I don't see Oda disrespecting two Emperors by magicking away the only consequence of their attack.
    • Zoro gave his body to save his 4 colleagues, removing the damage from Zoro will undermine his sacrifice.
    • Removing the damage will mean that Hakai had no consequences. It would be like magicking away Mihawk's slash or magicking away Luffy's damage from Thriller Bark.
  • Historically Oda hasn't magicked away meaningful injuries.
    • Mihawk's slash persisted till at least Arlong Park.
    • Luffy's damage persisted until at least after Marineford's War.
Zoro getting restored to any semblance of full health just isn't going to happen.

Luffy is pushed by Oda to prove Yamato's fear that no one can defeat Kaido in a 1 vs 1 wrong, and he defeats Kaido.
Zoro defeats King after getting a lot of healing
Sanji defeats Queen

The other SH's solo or team up to defeat the Flying Six.

How would you look at the above and not see the M3 as relevant as ever ?
I simply don't think this will happen.

Right now, Luffy has been defeated and Yamato is going to fight Kaido. Luffy will return later, but it may not even be on the Rooftop.

Zoro's highlight this arc isn't against King but against Kaido. I believe Zoro will face Kaido again (I expect Zoro to use one last attack as opposed to a protracted 1 vs 1).

Zoro isn't going to be restored to any semblance of healthy in order to fight King.

Sasaki is IMO much close to Queen than Queen is to Kaido.

Luffy, Zoro and Yamato all have extensive developments to face Kaido as their main antagonist/fight in the arc. Luffy is obvious, so I'll just link for Zoro and Yamato:

Whatever Zoro shows vs King will be an afterthought to his confrontation with Kaido.

Same for Yamato. She may not fight anyone after she loses to Kaido, but her main fight is Kaido.

To preserve the M3 dynamic:
  1. Make Yamato's main arc opponent Jack.
  2. Build King up as Zoro's main arc opponent.
  3. Restore Zoro to full health of near peak fighting condition.

I think #1 is really unlikely, #2 is very unlikely and #3 is unlikely.

But they're not impossible. If Oda did the three above, I'll consider Sanji closer to Zoro than to Franky/Jimbe and the clear #3.

Though Luffy would have pulled ahead into a level of his own (Kaido is much stronger than King), and it would be something like Zoro, Sanji and Yamato as Luffy's monsters.

I don't think it's plausible to preserve something like:
Luffy high diffs Zoro and Zoro high diffs Sanji.

Not given that Kaido no diffed a YC 1 in Base.

It is possible to preserve Sanji on Zoro's level and Sanji as the 3rd Strongest Strawhat.

I don't think this is plausible.
  • If Oda wanted Zoro to be healthy, he would have removed Zoro without injuring him so greatly (see Law).
  • Hakai and the damage it dealt to Zoro is an opportunity to highlight Zoro shining through adversity.
    • I really doubt Oda will pass on it, see Zoro in Arlong Park.
  • I don't see Oda disrespecting two Emperors by magicking away the only consequence of their attack.
    • Zoro gave his body to save his 4 colleagues, removing the damage from Zoro will undermine his sacrifice.
    • Removing the damage will mean that Hakai had no consequences. It would be like magicking away Mihawk's slash or magicking away Luffy's damage from Thriller Bark.
  • Historically Oda hasn't magicked away meaningful injuries.
    • Mihawk's slash persisted till at least Arlong Park.
    • Luffy's damage persisted until at least after Marineford's War.
Zoro getting restored to any semblance of full health just isn't going to happen.

I simply don't think this will happen.

Right now, Luffy has been defeated and Yamato is going to fight Kaido. Luffy will return later, but it may not even be on the Rooftop.

Zoro's highlight this arc isn't against King but against Kaido. I believe Zoro will face Kaido again (I expect Zoro to use one last attack as opposed to a protracted 1 vs 1).

Zoro isn't going to be restored to any semblance of healthy in order to fight King.

Sasaki is IMO much close to Queen than Queen is to Kaido.

Luffy, Zoro and Yamato all have extensive developments to face Kaido as their main antagonist/fight in the arc. Luffy is obvious, so I'll just link for Zoro and Yamato:

Whatever Zoro shows vs King will be an afterthought to his confrontation with Kaido.

Same for Yamato. She may not fight anyone after she loses to Kaido, but her main fight is Kaido.

To preserve the M3 dynamic:
  1. Make Yamato's main arc opponent Jack.
  2. Build King up as Zoro's main arc opponent.
  3. Restore Zoro to full health of near peak fighting condition.

I think #1 is really unlikely, #2 is very unlikely and #3 is unlikely.

But they're not impossible. If Oda did the three above, I'll consider Sanji closer to Zoro than to Franky/Jimbe and the clear #3.

Though Luffy would have pulled ahead into a level of his own (Kaido is much stronger than King), and it would be something like Zoro, Sanji and Yamato as Luffy's monsters.

I don't think it's plausible to preserve something like:
Luffy high diffs Zoro and Zoro high diffs Sanji.

Not given that Kaido no diffed a YC 1 in Base.

It is possible to preserve Sanji on Zoro's level and Sanji as the 3rd Strongest Strawhat.
Or:

Sanji solos both king and queen and Yamato fights injured jack. Simple and plausible reserving Luffy > Zoro ~ Sanji as it’s always been and always will be

So all along do you want Sanji solos King and Queen to be on Zoro's level
DELUSIONAL:milaugh:
Even if that happen Zoro always going to be stronger than him
I want it because it’s what’s being set up with Oda about to take Marco out at the same time Sanji is about to arrive to the performance hall, and both king and queen having plot lines with Sanji.

Zoro ~ Marco right now and if Sanji beats both king and queen, so would sanji. So keep crying

I want it because it’s what’s being set up with Oda about to take Marco out at the same time Sanji is about to arrive to the performance hall, and both king and queen having plot lines with Sanji.

Zoro ~ Marco right now and if Sanji beats both king and queen, so would sanji. So keep crying
Listen man I'm not saying Sanji is not strong but like it or not Zoro is going to be one step above him

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
tama was almost dead at the start of chapter, but was fully healed 3 pages later. oda is turning everyone in wolverine, zoro will not be exception, he will be fine after taking a nap
Zoro's injuries have story weight — they are the sacrifice Zoro paid to save all the other Supernova — while Tama's weren't significant. Oda isn't going to magick Zoro's injuries away.

Or:

Sanji solos both king and queen and Yamato fights injured jack. Simple and plausible reserving Luffy > Zoro ~ Sanji as it’s always been and always will be
  • The best Sanji can realistically hope for is to solo one calamity.
  • Yamato is fighting Kaido.
  • Sanji's performance has never been relative to Zoro's post timeskip.