News Volume 99 coming on June 2021

If Yamato's performance vs Kaido places her at low top tier in my tier list, I wouldn't later downgrade her because she fights weaker opponents.

Zoro faced a weaker opponent than Sanji in Punk Hazard.

I believe Fishman Island Zoro was well above Luffy (Zoro didn't grow significantly until Enma), yet Luffy got the stronger opponent.

Or, I just don't agree with this logic of fighting stronger opponents = stronger. And it's not something I've ever agreed with.

If Yamato is pushed by an opponent I believed to be weaker than her, then I might downgrade her. But fighting someone weaker than Sanji's opponent doesn't make her weaker than Sanji.

I didn't downgrade Zoro because he was given Monet. Zoro negged Monet, so Monet can't be used to scale him.

Even if Sanji had beaten Vergo in a very high difficulty fight but Zoro negged Monet it wouldn't be proof Sanji > Zoro.

Jimbe isn't going below Sanji just cause he's fighting Who's Who. It's because he's been fighting Who's Who for several hours and hasn't beaten him. I expect to end up scaling Jimbe to Who's Who or (at maximum) Jack level, while I expect to end up scaling Sanji to Queen level.

If Jimbe stomped Who's Who, I would have kept him above Sanji.

• Kaido has been repeatedly beating Yamato up since childhood.
  • Kaido placed cuffs on her that will kill her if she left her prison.
    • He was ready to kill her outright for defying him.

The idea that Kaido will not fight Yamato seriously is not currently borne out in the manga. Especially not when he's willing to kill her if she steps out of the role he's fashioned for her.

My take on Yamato joining the crew.
You're deranged
Post automatically merged:

Is it just me or Oda will presumably not make an awakening mode feature and probably pretend that Hybrid himself constituted it? Judging off the Current fighting pattern at least it would make a lot of sense to me.
I don't know why you talk like your opinion matters or holds any weight? Like dude STFU and don't say your opinion just keep it to yourself, I hate it when ppl say whatever the heck they like

Is it just me or Oda will presumably not make an awakening mode feature and probably pretend that Hybrid himself constituted it? Judging off the Current fighting pattern at least it would make a lot of sense to me.
It is just you. Because you hate Kaido and Awakening makes him much stronger after having shown the feats that befit the World Strongest without it.

That's rich coming from Mr. Admiral Bias.

I was making a fair discussion so if you have nothing of substantial to add don't quote me please.

:beckmoji:
Fair discussion LMFAO. Zoans were the first to show awakening and you want to deny the best Zoan user of it. Fact is that you just hate Kaido don't you and that he is the best claimant for the World's Current Strongest both by portrayal and feats make you more insecure.

Fair discussion LMFAO. Zoans were the first to show awakening and you want to deny the best Zoan user of it. Fact is that you just hate Kaido don't you and that he is the best claimant for the World's Current Strongest both by portrayal and feats make you more insecure.
What kind of awakening? That's hambug.
They showed their Hybrid modes. My reasoning stirs from a simple concept. Kaido is still pretty much rather healthy most likely. Zoro will hardly return rather healthy and Luffy is crystal clearly standing under pitiful conditions and has got his fallacies. Yamato will probably be incapable of accomplishing too much against her daddy.

Unless;
Luffy - Zoro - Yamato are good enough to take on awakened Kaido despite probably not fighting off in a trio because Zoro trusts Luffy then guess what... unless bad writing comes into play.

Even if Luffy awakens he would most likely still be overwhelmed and Yamato isn't achieving too much most likely. Then it would be on Zoro, but I doubt he will stand remotely healthy, that would also constitute bad writing overall.

What kind of awakening? That's hambug.
They showed their Hybrid modes. My reasoning stirs from a simple concept. Kaido is still pretty much rather healthy most likely. Zoro will hardly return rather healthy and Luffy is crystal clearly standing under pitiful conditions and has got his fallacies. Yamato will probably be incapable of accomplishing too much against her daddy.

Unless;
Luffy - Zoro - Yamato are good enough to take on awakened Kaido despite probably not fighting off in a trio because Zoro trusts Luffy then guess what... unless bad writing comes into play.

Even if Luffy awakens he would most likely still be overwhelmed and Yamato isn't achieving too much most likely. Then it would be on Zoro, but I doubt he will stand remotely healthy, that would also constitute bad writing overall.
Impel Down Jailer Beasts are Awakened Zoans.

Also funny that anything that negates your biased headcanon is bad writing.
ROFL 😂😂😂

Shueisha has just received my question for the SBS ! I hope that Oda-Sensei answer my question in the next SBSs !! :stealthblack:

Hi Oda Sensei ! I am from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and I am a big fan of One Piece series ! There are many people who love One Piece in my country and I hope to win the presence of being included in the SBS as the first Saudi ever! Please tell me what is the Meito rank for Durandal, Cavendish's sword ?!

Charlotte LinLin

The voice of Jinbei stans 😊
I think since Luffy is seen as sort of 5th Emperor he is above all three, Zoro Jinbe and Sanji. Why do people have such a hard time to understand that Oda is going the same path with all the other Yonko Crews? The captain as his own tier while the three strongest members of the crew build the commanders. There is still a m3 just with Luffy above as the yonkou and with Zoro, Jinbe and Sanji as commanders and m3

Wano is not over yet, if we see Kaido or even LinLin fall and Luffy takes their place, I am sure that constellation will happen.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think since Luffy is seen as sort of 5th Emperor he is above all three, Zoro Jinbe and Sanji. Why do people have such a hard time to understand that Oda is going the same path with all the other Yonko Crews? The captain as his own tier while the three strongest members of the crew build the commanders. There is still a m3 just with Luffy above as the yonkou and with Zoro, Jinbe and Sanji as commanders and m3

Wano is not over yet, if we see Kaido or even LinLin fall and Luffy takes their place, I am sure that constellation will happen.
This doesn't work given that Zoro is MUCH stronger than Jimbe and Sanji put together. There is nothing at this point justifying placing Luffy a sub tier above Zoro, while current performance places Zoro an entire tier above Jimbe and Sanji.

Charlotte LinLin

The voice of Jinbei stans 😊
This doesn't work given that Zoro is MUCH stronger than Jimbe and Sanji put together. There is nothing at this point justifying placing Luffy a sub tier above Zoro, while current performance places Zoro an entire tier above Jimbe and Sanji.
I think people are way to rigid what that belongs. I mean it's a different point of view for once and not always the same 🙄
It was a different approach to the whole M3 thing. So what? Luffy is still stronger than Zoro, thus what does it matter if Zoro shows features that are above Jinbe and Sanji? They would be a team neithertheless, a team of three commanders and a Yonko above them 😏

If Yamato's performance vs Kaido places her at low top tier in my tier list, I wouldn't later downgrade her because she fights weaker opponents.

Zoro faced a weaker opponent than Sanji in Punk Hazard.

I believe Fishman Island Zoro was well above Luffy (Zoro didn't grow significantly until Enma), yet Luffy got the stronger opponent.

Or, I just don't agree with this logic of fighting stronger opponents = stronger. And it's not something I've ever agreed with.

If Yamato is pushed by an opponent I believed to be weaker than her, then I might downgrade her. But fighting someone weaker than Sanji's opponent doesn't make her weaker than Sanji.

I didn't downgrade Zoro because he was given Monet. Zoro negged Monet, so Monet can't be used to scale him.

Even if Sanji had beaten Vergo in a very high difficulty fight but Zoro negged Monet it wouldn't be proof Sanji > Zoro.

Jimbe isn't going below Sanji just cause he's fighting Who's Who. It's because he's been fighting Who's Who for several hours and hasn't beaten him. I expect to end up scaling Jimbe to Who's Who or (at maximum) Jack level, while I expect to end up scaling Sanji to Queen level.

If Jimbe stomped Who's Who, I would have kept him above Sanji.
You rank Jinbe based on his Land Performance?

You kind of have to. Most fights take place on land. Jimbe is a clutch in naval battles, but in most 1 on 1 fights, he'll be on land. Most One Piece combatants can't fight underwater (and if they do, they'll be massively nerfed).
I agree with that when it is 1 v 1 comparison indeed but when it comes to Tiers Ranking, i rank Jinbe based on how Powerful he is Overall & the guy is a Fishman, it's not fair to ignore that, you're literally taking away an entire Fighting Style from his Arsenal & compare him to much weaker Characters with less Danger & Skills than him just because they can match him in Land

Many Characters can rely on something to Show their True Threat such as Kid needing Iron & Pica needing Stone & Capone needing Soldiers & Hawkins needing People to Sacrifice & Kelly Funk needing to wear someone else & Crocodile can't fight in a Place that Rains & Minks need Full Moon to access their Strongest Form & Moriah need Shadows to get stronger ... etc

When we put Characters into Tiers, we don't create a 1 v 1 Tournament & make a Set Fighting Area with Fixed Conditions & not ignore Match Ups Counters. That is reserved for Battle Comparison, like who wins between A & B

For Power Tiers, we simply Judge their Skills, Powers, Stats, Danger. Basically how Powerful or Dangerous they are Combat Wise in General. So Jinbe should be ranked as a Fishman & his Full Arsenal taken into Consideration.
He himself said that his Land Performance is much inferior than what he can do overall so don't be unjust to him

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I agree with that when it is 1 v 1 comparison indeed but when it comes to Tiers Ranking, i rank Jinbe based on how Powerful he is Overall & the guy is a Fishman, it's not fair to ignore that, you're literally taking away an entire Fighting Style from his Arsenal & compare him to much weaker Characters with less Danger & Skills than him just because they can match him in Land

Many Characters can rely on something to Show their True Threat such as Kid needing Iron & Pica needing Stone & Capone needing Soldiers & Hawkins needing People to Sacrifice & Kelly Funk needing to wear someone else & Crocodile can't fight in a Place that Rains & Minks need Full Moon to access their Strongest Form & Moriah need Shadows to get stronger ... etc

When we put Characters into Tiers, we don't create a 1 v 1 Tournament & make a Set Fighting Area with Fixed Conditions & not ignore Match Ups Counters. That is reserved for Battle Comparison, like who wins between A & B

For Power Tiers, we simply Judge their Skills, Powers, Stats, Danger. Basically how Powerful or Dangerous they are Combat Wise in General. So Jinbe should be ranked as a Fishman & his Full Arsenal taken into Consideration.
He himself said that his Land Performance is much inferior than what he can do overall so don't be unjust to him
Well, the issue is that Water Jimbe is not very well known as most of Jimbe's fights are on land.

And also basically no one fights underwater. Ranking underwater Jimbe is stupid. Ranking Jimbe in a naval battle makes some sense, but he's unknown.

Well, the issue is that Water Jimbe is not very well known as most of Jimbe's fights are on land.

And also basically no one fights underwater. Ranking underwater Jimbe is stupid. Ranking Jimbe in a naval battle makes some sense, but he's unknown.
Tiers are for how "Powerful" someone is, not for how many Fights they can win
Tiers aren't a Tournament, it's just Power Ranking
Water is Part of Jinbe's Power, stop ignoring it