Powers & Abilities Wado Ichimonji's Power

I don't know if this Theory was made before, but i was thinking about Meito Swords & the whole Situation with Enma
But then i wondered about Wado Ichimonji?! It's also a Great Grade Sword, one of 21 just like Enma, so what is Special about it?

So far, we have seen 5 Great Grade Swords
Enma boosts Haki as we are currently seeing, Shusui was stated to boost Power in Thriller Bark
To be more detailed, Enma feeds on Haki to create Stronger Attacks while Shusui feeds on Power (Including other Two Swords) to create Stronger Attacks

Nidai & Habakiri haven't been used yet so we don't know what Ability they possess
But Wado has been in possession of Zoro for very long time & we never learned anything Special about it aside from it's Quality
Seeing how both Enma & Shusui are Wild Swords that feed on something from the User, then possibly Wado Ichimonji also feeds on something, so what could it be?!

Lot of Fans expect Zoro to show CoC & recently we got tons of Hints that almost guarantee that Zoro will use CoC soon & it makes sense ofc
But if you check all CoC Users, we find that most of them showed it when they were Young & we also know that it's not a Type of Haki that you learn, you either have it or not! So if Zoro is gonna show CoC then why didn't he show it before?

Just like Enma feeds on CoA, what if Wado Ichimonji feeds on CoC? This Theory actually sounds cool because it would fit with Kuina's Story
We were told she fell in stairs & died & many people explained that it means Kuina committed Suicide, so what if the Wado is what drove her to Suicide? Since it feeds on your Willpower, then it was the reason she was feeling negative & doubted she could become WSS, because her Will was weakened by the Sword, thus committed Suicide

But Zoro was able to use Wado that is a Great Sword since Young Age because of his Willpower & CoC
It's also expected that Zoro will replace his Third Sword with Nidai so that he have Three Great Swords & they will become Supreme Ones once he turn them Black. So with Enma helping him to Master CoA, Wado help him Master CoC, then possibly Nidia will help him Master CoO

That's why he didn't get it in Wano Arc, but most probably he will take it with him after, & that is why Shiryu was given Invisible DF
It's so that he Masters CoO with that Sword & beats Shiryu

In conclusion:
We have Three Types of Haki & Zoro have Three Swords
Great Swords have Special Treats & they seem to Consume something from the User
One of them is helping him Perfect his CoA
The other one made the Previous User commit Suicide
Zoro will showcase CoC
And Shiryu who seem like Zoro's Opponent among BB Pirates have Invisible DF that requires CoO

Combine these Info & you will conclude that Zoro will Master Three Types of Haki with Three Great Swords made for each Type & then he Turns them Black
With this, Zoro will have: Top Haki + Top Swords + Top Swordsmanship & he will be ready to finally fight Mihawk & prove himself the GOAT

PS: it should also be noted that Tenguyama told that Zoro might get used to Enma fast because it was made by the same guy who made Wado, hinting that Mastering Wado helps in Mastering Enma which fits with Wado being a CoC Sword because that's what Zoro seem to have used when he tried Enma first time; He used CoC, that's why someone who Masters Wado should be able to Master Enma, because they can Conquer it

Some Tags:
@nik87 @Finalbeta @ShishioIsBack @Cinera @Reborn @Rivaille @Light D Lamperouge @Cyrus the Cactus @HA001 @Ice devil slayer @Blother @Guan Yu @Aknolagon ..... etc

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Nice theory. Would be cool to see. And it can make sense. Hitetsu told Zoro that Enma works much like a cursed sword, as in the weak cannot wield it.
and then went on to tell Zoro that the most likely reason that Enma feels familiar is that it is made by the same guy who made Wado.
He draws a connection between the two swords and how they work, hence them being made by the same guy. And it working like a cursed blade, in your theory consuming COC and delivering a gruesome death to its wielder, like Kuina, fits with how the cursed swords work.

Also nice callback from Oda with the Kitetsu-Enma Zoro panels

enma doesn t boost haki
I didn't mean Enma gives more Haki, i meant it consumes & helps User release more of his Haki
I thought Enma was supposed to be armament haki-based weapon instead of CoC but good theory nonetheless.
The Theory is about Wado Ichimonji
I said Wado is related to CoC just like Enma is related to CoA
Post automatically merged:

Nice theory. Would be cool to see. And it can make sense. Hitetsu told Zoro that Enma works much like a cursed sword, as in the weak cannot wield it.
and then went on to tell Zoro that the most likely reason that Enma feels familiar is that it is made by the same guy who made Wado.
He draws a connection between the two swords and how they work, hence them being made by the same guy. And it working like a cursed blade, in your theory consuming COC and delivering a gruesome death to its wielder, like Kuina, fits with how the cursed swords work.

Also nice callback from Oda with the Kitetsu-Enma Zoro panels
I agree to everything, thanks for those Panels
And yes, if Wado is related to CoC/Willpower then it explains why Kuina died & why Zoro can use it from young age & recently got used to Enma fast

I didn't mean Enma gives more Haki, i meant it consumes & helps User release more of his Haki

The Theory is about Wado Ichimonji
I said Wado is related to CoC just like Enma is related to CoA
The thing is that CoC is 1 in a million. Some people think Zoro have CoC, some don't. Let's say Zoro have it, how would Wado "feed" on it? If willpower is the thing that will feed on Wado then that's fine but haki shouldn't be involve in Wado since it's his normal sword and we already have Enma which sucks on haki.

The thing is that CoC is 1 in a million. Some people think Zoro have CoC, some don't. Let's say Zoro have it, how would Wado "feed" on it? If willpower is the thing that will feed on Wado then that's fine but haki shouldn't be involve in Wado since it's his normal sword and we already have Enma which sucks on haki.
Wdym Normal?
Wado is a Great Sword, same Grade as Enma

Such Swords cannot be wielded by any Person, they are Dangerous
Just like Enma feeds on CoA, & Kin'emon said he wouldn't accept it himself
It's possible that Wado weakens the Willpower of the User, which is why Kuina committed Suicide
But those with Strong Willpower/CoC can Wield it, that's why Zoro can

Actually the existence of Enma & Black Blades proves that Swords can consume Haki so why should it be limited to CoA only?
Wado could be a CoC Sword

Wdym Normal?
Wado is a Great Sword, same Grade as Enma

Such Swords cannot be wielded by any Person, they are Dangerous
Just like Enma feeds on CoA, & Kin'emon said he wouldn't accept it himself
It's possible that Wado weakens the Willpower of the User, which is why Kuina committed Suicide
But those with Strong Willpower/CoC can Wield it, that's why Zoro can

Actually the existence of Enma & Black Blades proves that Swords can consume Haki so why should it be limited to CoA only?
Wado could be a CoC Sword
Wado is a normal sword. It doesn't suck your haki up or anything. Not every sword have a side effect. Look at Mihawk's Yoru and Whitebeard's Bisento for example. Sword doesn't have to applies to CoA only but not every sword should have some kind of connection to CoC. Swordsman is all about armament haki. No need for CoO or CoC.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
Wado is a normal sword. It doesn't suck your haki up or anything. Not every sword have a side effect. Look at Mihawk's Yoru and Whitebeard's Bisento for example. Sword doesn't have to applies to CoA only but not every sword should have some kind of connection to CoC. Swordsman is all about armament haki. No need for CoO or CoC.
wado have the same level than enma (it's his brother)

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I am not sure about Kuina committing suicide just couple of hours after making a promise with Zoro, however, an interesting theory still.
Yes, Hitetsu's words hint at the possibility that Wado Ichimonji has had a gimmick too all this time but we dont know it yet.
The way I see these swords is a bit different, I split them into 3 categories: Good, Neutral and Evil.

In the Neutral category, we have a swords like Yubashiri. No benefits and no downsides from it.
The Good category would probably be Shusui, no downsides, some benefits.
And the Evil category contains all swords which have nasty downsides, perhaps Enma but Kitetsus and other cursed swords for sure.

Wado Ichimonji at first glance looks like Neutral sword but it could belong to category of Good swords.
The benefit which is not obvious yet is that it balances out the effects of Evil swords - "reason why Enma feels familiar is Wado...".
I think Wado Ichimonji will play a crucial role against the Evil swords.

I think it's a counter-measure to the curse of Kitetsu swords which we have not seen manifested yet.
Zoro's luck has beaten the Sandai curse. We will see what happens when uses Nidai. Perhaps not much or nothing.
The ultimate Kitetsu curse will appear through either using multiple Kitetsu swords or by using the strongest among them - Shodai.

The meaning of Wado Ichimonji is something along the lines of Path to Harmony.
Whether the curse activates through all 3 Kitetsus(plox Oda) being together or through strongest among them, it may taint Zoro's mind.
He could become chaotic, unable to tell a friend from foe. That's where Wado Ichimonji steps in and brings back the order.

What is special about it?

Probably has the power of love and Camaraderie, when Zoro realizes he indeed loved Kuina,he will tap into the full power of Wado.
Post automatically merged:

What is special about it?

Probably has the power of love and Camaraderie, when Zoro realizes he indeed loved Kuina,he will tap into the full power of Wado.

In Science nothing is given for certain or even rather certain until enough evidence suggests so.

Evidence suggests that Wado is a "normal" sword, of course we are far from calling is sure to be.

However I believe Zoro will unlock his CoC independetly from a specific sword's "aid".

Under a certain angle this theory is nice: wado feeds on CoC, so the great will of Zoro which is also linked to the promise he made to Kuina but... If the Wado brought Kuina to her death what do you think will happen the moment Zoro knows it?

The sword instantly shifts from the sword of the promise which is Zoro's drive, that sword is basically his promise to Kuina and/or his drive to become the best, to the thing that killed Kuina, so the worst thing possible for Zoro. I could only see him try to destroy it with all his might the moment he knows it plus cursing himself for being so blind for years and years (and most likely even abandoning his dream making an oath to never touch a sword again).