Do you want a Christmas break?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AL sama

Red Haired
I clearly deserved it more than 80% of all players. And I was also given one of my all time faves and got offed one fucking phase before winning. On Christmas at that. It‘s fine if you have complaints, but don‘t take it out on me here.
you really think the game was fair and balanced??

i mean, ngl, ratchet kinda has a point imo

i think i was only "pro-town" indie in the end and wasted a lynch anyway xd so it was town vs everyone basically

(and tbh i thought i'm neutral because i thought emilia is ga xd)

i mean, i get the frustration

you really think the game was fair and balanced??
No, but what do I have to do with what the host decides? Though @Mashiro Blue was a great host and also made fair decisions. I had the abilities to break the game, but he rejected it. Criticism is fine, but he did a good job all things considered and put a lot of work into this game. He even put up with my depression and my rant in the PM. I don‘t think you guys are being completely fair towards him here.

But now I‘m off fr. Need to catch up with some Anime I didn‘t watch yet because of this game.

Thanks for the game :yearight:.

In all seriousness, the hard feelings - even if you don't intend to - do target Blue.

Everytime you talk about what nonsense this was, how stupid the mechanics were or roles were, you're shitting in the design of a game someone created.
It undermines Blue's time, care, and creation of the game. I don't know Blue too well still, but showing mechanics that couldn't be added, setting goals to make the game enjoyable for everyone, shows me that this had thought put into it. Effort that probably feels like a big waste when seeing people bash the game to smithereens.

Honest criticism, instead of acerbic criticism, is being abandoned here.

Alot of RMs tend to favor indies and scum. It's an inherent imbalance that has yet to be worked out regardless of what hosts try.
I do agree, in order to be considerate of users who don't troll games and are legitimately strategizing to earn their title and win, that game breaking should not happen.

If it does, hosts in general should be clear and place a warning toward users who might not want to sign up for a game that allows bending of the rules to outsmart the host's design and rewards creativity.
There should be a definite distinction, so people like Ratchet know what they're signing into. If I was in the mood to play seriously throughout the entire game and I wasn't told or warned that the game and host can be swayed for entertainment, I technically wouldn't know what I signed up for and feel deceived and my own effort as a player would feel almost cheated.

Imo I think alot of these feelings would diminish greatly if there were disclaimers or "I take after Aries, and you know the rules in Aries games. If you want a SRM or RM game that prohibits gamebending, please sign up to this one hosted by this user."

Boom
Bam
Done
If someone is dumb or arrogant enough to sign up after the fact then they don't have the right to complain

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I can't help being acerbic (or rather, abrasive), though. That's just who I am. You can probably argue that I haven't actually said anything constructive, but before I come to what I think should have been done, I wanted to understand *why* this was allowed to transpire in this first place. I've already talked with Professor about his motivations, so naturally to get the full picture I need the host to give their input too. I want to be able to avoid a game in future having a similar outcome, for my sake (because it sucks the fun away) and for the community (because we don't need games ending controversially every time) so at the very least I'd like to be able to understand what happened to get here.

I agree that the wish was ultimately too strong/allowed the game to swing too much. That’s my regret because I hate for that to sour Blue’s game. I had a lot of fun this game irrespective of the wish, and it seems several others did too.

I think it’s probably fair to put strict parameters on what a “wish” ability can do in the future.

In all seriousness, the hard feelings - even if you don't intend to - do target Blue.

Everytime you talk about what nonsense this was, how stupid the mechanics were or roles were, you're shitting in the design of a game someone created.
It undermines Blue's time, care, and creation of the game. I don't know Blue too well still, but showing mechanics that couldn't be added, setting goals to make the game enjoyable for everyone, shows me that this had thought put into it. Effort that probably feels like a big waste when seeing people bash the game to smithereens.

Alot of RMs tend to favor indies and scum. It's an inherent imbalance that has yet to be worked out regardless of what hosts try.
I do agree, in order to be considerate of users who don't troll games and are legitimately strategizing to earn their title and win, that game breaking should not happen.

If it does, hosts in general should be clear and place a warning toward users who might not want to sign up for a game that allows bending of the rules to outsmart the host's design and rewards creativity.
There should be a definite distinction, so people like Ratchet know what they're signing into. If I was in the mood to play seriously throughout the entire game and I wasn't told or warned that the game and host can be swayed for entertainment, I technically wouldn't know what I signed up for and feel deceived and my own effort as a player would feel almost cheated.

Imo I think alot of these feelings would diminish greatly if there were disclaimers or "I take after Aries, and you know the rules in Aries games. If you want a SRM or RM game that prohibits gamebending, please sign up to this one hosted by this user."

Boom
Bam
Done
If someone is dumb or arrogant enough to sign up after the fact then they don't have the right to complain
also this

i tried to get one game ready at some point and got overwhelmed shortly after xd let's appreciate hard work here

AL sama

Red Haired
No, but what do I have to do with what the host decides? Though @Mashiro Blue was a great host and also made fair decisions. I had the abilities to break the game, but he rejected it. Criticism is fine, but he did a good job all things considered and put a lot of work into this game. He even put up with my depression and my rant in the PM. I don‘t think you guys are being completely fair towards him here.

But now I‘m off fr. Need to catch up with some Anime I didn‘t watch yet because of this game.

Thanks for the game :yearight:.
:seriously::seriously:

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I agree that the wish was ultimately too strong/allowed the game to swing too much. That’s my regret because I hate for that to sour Blue’s game. I had a lot of fun this game irrespective of the wish, and it seems several others did too.

I think it’s probably fair to put strict parameters on what a “wish” ability can do in the future.
I am, if anything, more inclined to discard this whole "wish" thing entirely if I'm honest. I have never seen it once come out feeling fair and deserved, and I don't believe it adds anything to the game other than griefing/trolling.

I reject I owed anything to town for the record, and I never went against my wincon. My wincon said nothing about town winning. Just keep 1 of 5 people alive one of which was actual mafia lol.

I accept it was a troll move and I don’t mind town’s ire. But it wasn’t game throwing or against my wincon. Ultimately it was greed to sweep my wincon in a “perfect manor”.

Status
Not open for further replies.