• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
Ok we got 6500 posts give or take

1500 less than DAL

Considering the different eras in which the games were run I would consider it a success

I wanna make a game with an indie and a town role
That are based on players

There would be a belligerent indie who would have the ability to game break and bend the rules if they're close to achieving their wincon
And the role would be called Professor69 (or whatever his username is)

But there'd be a town siding indie role where the wincon for them would to kill the Professor role and reverse any game changing shenanigans
And the role name would be
Ratchet the town-siding indie
Additional actives and passives include:

[Not Clowning Around, Cretins] When Ratchet uses this active, he gets to spite roleblock a player that he thinks breaks the game
(Passive) [Your play this game is absurd] When Ratchet is majority voted, he resets all votes that don't abide by the rules to 0

Wincons: Eliminating all threats to Town, including your nemesis rule breakers

Also included:
[I swear I'm Playing This In All Of Your Best INTERESTS] Professor can eliminate the first investigative role that sniffs around, with the role being redacted in the WU.
[Kiss the homie goodnight] If you wind up targeting a player that goes against your wincon, you have to say "I wanna kiss my homie Pero" in every post throughout the game to avoid being roleblocked the following night.

Coming soon near a Mafia theater near you

I wanna make a game with an indie and a town role
That are based on players

There would be a belligerent indie who would have the ability to game break and bend the rules if they're close to achieving their wincon
And the role would be called Professor69 (or whatever his username is)

But there'd be a town siding indie role where the wincon for them would to kill the Professor role and reverse any game changing shenanigans
And the role name would be
Ratchet the town-siding indie
Additional actives and passives include:

[Not Clowning Around, Cretins] When Ratchet uses this active, he gets to spite roleblock a player that he thinks breaks the game
(Passive) [Your play this game is absurd] When Ratchet is majority voted, he resets all votes that don't abide by the rules to 0

Wincons: Eliminating all threats to Town, including your nemesis rule breakers

Also included:
[I swear I'm Playing This In All Of Your Best INTERESTS] Professor can eliminate the first investigative role that sniffs around, with the role being redacted in the WU.
[Kiss the homie goodnight] If you wind up targeting a player that goes against your wincon, you have to say "I wanna kiss my homie Pero" in every post throughout the game to avoid being roleblocked the following night.

Coming soon near a Mafia theater near you
This would be a great idea for a Users Game.

This would be a great idea for a Users Game.
[I'll Make You Choke On My Flowers] If Flower winds up targeting the player with the Destroya role, he is no longer immune to any type of kills and his lynch redirects will no longer work.

[Destroyer Over Whatever It Requires] Destroya can't win or lose unless he's designated MVP by the end. Mafia or town can recruit him early game, if he agrees. If not, he's riding solo.

[Ekkoing cacophony] When the Ekko role (town) is being suspected, the town players who vote this role will be roleblocked for the remainder of the phase.

[Watson your mind?] If Watson is targeted by Mafia, if proper circumstances are met, her death will trigger a lynch redirect the following day on the scum who performed the kill. Uh oh, spaghettio!

I have so many ideas
Endless ideas of mayhem

[I'll Make You Choke On My Flowers] If Flower winds up targeting the player with the Destroya role, he is no longer immune to any type of kills and his lynch redirects will no longer work.

[Destroyer Over Whatever It Requires] Destroya can't win or lose unless he's designated MVP by the end. Mafia or town can recruit him early game, if he agrees. If not, he's riding solo.

[Ekkoing cacophony] When the Ekko role (town) is being suspected, the town players who vote this role will be roleblocked for the remainder of the phase.

[Watson your mind?] If Watson is targeted by Mafia, if proper circumstances are met, her death will trigger a lynch redirect the following day on the scum who performed the kill. Uh oh, spaghettio!

I have so many ideas
Endless ideas of mayhem
:milaugh:.

This would be funny as well:

[Passive - Fuck this Town!] If Flower is alive after Town mislynched 3 times, she will become frustrated af and decide to betray Town for good, turning into an anti Town role of her choice.

Emil

Certified Memelord
β€Ž
How would that fix anything? It would be just as bad an idea.
i dont think the wish is that bad lol. do u remember franklin richard role from weebs? essentially he can construct an ability out of nowhere via a wish basically. we used it to construct kills or refills and stuff. i think this should be the extent of wishing abilities instead of removing them altogether. i dont think we could even create a lynch redirect with it unless we amp it.

prof could of simply wished for a second lynch or an omega kill. that wud be overall more healthy for the game. limiting the wish to have it at max affect one player wud be good enough instead of remove it altogether imo.

It's not what your intent is that matters here. What it does is create a situation/headache where I now have to find a way to see how we can avoid a repeat. Even if you yourself don't repeat it, someone else might, and I can't exactly turn around and say "well, we didn't give Prof any strikes because we like him, but you get strikes because you're just expected to know that this can't happen" - it's not fair and even. And anything I do creates precedent, so I need to be very careful about what that is.

For transparency, I'm currently leaning towards the abolishment of wishes. I think anything that offers the ability to break the game is basically a cheat code, and could probably be canned on that basis alone, and it would also help simplify what hosts need to justify. That way, the possibility of an extra faction being created can't happen, unless thegame has already built in the conditions or mechanics to make it possible.
In my opinion games that do not warn of bastard mechanics shouldnt allow for such a thing to happen, but if they have bastard mechanics and players know it then they know what they signed up for.

Neverthless, how a game is set up and plays is up to the hosts and I fail to see why you would wanna punish a player for something the host allowed tbh.

Last edited:
When I say ban wishes, I mean "ban a mechanic that allows a player to fundamentally change how the game works, without the game being designed for that change being possible".
Oh well on that I agree, but again its the host who should moderate that kinda stuff for example my last Pokemon game had wishes in it but I severely limited what they could do because huge changes in the game werent made in mind.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
Which reminds me

My jailor role :blush:

You are Nao Tomori

[Passive - Dimension Warper] - Nao Tomori can warp between dimensions to protect herself from being killed. When Nao is targeted by a kill, she'll commute instead for a cycle. Works only once.
- [Pocket Dimension] - If Dimension Warper is triggered in the first 2 cycles of the game, you'll gain an additional shot of Invisibility.

[Passive - Spatial Manipulation] - If Nao Tomori is commutted or temporarily game removed, Nao will still be able to use her abilities and vote for the lynch in her role PM. However, she won't be able to post in the thread.

[Passive - Space Time Rift] - Nao Tomori cannot be permanently game removed. If she's targeted by a game remove ability, she'll return to the game one cycle later.

[Passive - Star Regeneration] - If Nao gets commuted, whenever by her own actions or another player, she'll passively heal of any status ailments.

[Active - Footage] - Nao uses her camera to track a player of her choice (NP only).
-- [Let's take it one step further] -- if you track the same player consecutively, you'll watch and track the player [1-shot]

[Active - Banishment of the Wicked] - Nao can target a player and jail them for the remainder of the cycle [3-shot].
-- [No Traces Left] - In the last shot of [Banishment of the Wicked] Nao can execute the jailed player. This counts as a Superkill and it will go through immunities. However if you target a Pro Town player, you'll die instead and the kill will fail.

[Active - Invisibility] - Nao Tomori's trademark ability, which enables her to turn completely invisible. Twice per cycle, you can choose to activate one of the following abilities which last for a cycle and cannot be used on the same player more than once:

- Commute yourself (1-shot)
- Immune to Red Mafia actions
- Immune to Purple Mafia actions
- Immune to Hostile Indie actions

[Active - Spatial Distortion Hole] - By distorting the space and opening holes near two players, Nao Tomori is able to tie them together and any actions performed on one of the players will also be used on the other player. [1-shot]

[Active - Atom breaker] - By severing the connections between the particles, Nao can disintegrate a dead role and make that role leave the game, becoming untargeatable by any actions for the remainder of the game [1-shot].

[Ultimate ability - Blinked Out of Existence] - Nao Tomori uses her powers to their limit to erase from existence her target. Game remove a player for as long as you're alive.

[Human Race Unique Skill] - The weakest of the races, yet the one with the most potential. At any time you can choose a race and permanently gain that race unique skill. Cannot be used twice, plus you're still an human.

Wincon: Eliminate all threats to Town

Status
Not open for further replies.