Questions & Mysteries Was kanjuro's escape underwhelming ?

The point is she has superhuman strength and endurance and really should be able to protect herself by now. Ussop is weaker than her and he didn't need protection
Usopp was hiding in the inside as you see the door
Nami was not yet close to the hiding.. and don't tell me "oh it's near" arrows were raining down fast.... it still could have hit her before she took a shelter like Usopp..
Regarding her having superhuman strength and so on... she still isn't good enough to not get hurt by them.. which is again why he turned back...

I don't care that's not even my main point. That either shouldn't have happened or other character should've saved him. Law can literally trade Momo with a rock lol

There was Luffy, Law, the whole alliance and he just took him and flew away.
Which is what I'm saying... it's just Oda's plot to not get Momo... otherwise Kanjuro wouldn't even escape.. it's bullshit as fuck to see Luffy use his Gear 4th to punch a ship
But doesn't use gear 4th to fly and save Momo

The writing is retarded BEYOND IMAGINATION

Which is what I'm saying... it's just Oda's plot to not get Momo... otherwise Kanjuro wouldn't even escape.. it's bullshit as fuck to see Luffy use his Gear 4th to punch a ship
But doesn't use gear 4th to fly and save Momo

The writing is retarded BEYOND IMAGINATION
Yes, the whole alliance should be able to snatch Momonosuke up really fast. Sanji, nLuffy, Law, FUCKING USSOP could shoot the bird down and use something to slow the fall. There's so many possibilities as to how Kanjuro should not be able to get out of there. Nami was just the easy way out. Still retarded as there were many characters who could do something like fucking Luffy who was straight up talking to momo

Luffy could've just blitzed the guy, or just appear in front of Kanjuro with G4 and he would piss his pants

Yes, the whole alliance should be able to snatch Momonosuke up really fast. Sanji, nLuffy, Law, FUCKING USSOP could shoot the bird down and use something to slow the fall. There's so many possibilities as to how Kanjuro should not be able to get out of there. Nami was just the easy way out. Still retarded as there were many characters who could do something like fucking Luffy who was straight up talking to momo

Luffy could've just blitzed the guy, or just appear in front of Kanjuro with G4 and he would piss his pants
Dude forget about all of those
Robin can actually grow hands on Kinmon's body and snap his body
This is really not any character's fault... it's honestly Oda's brain fault here... he just didn't even try to make it look convincing LMAO

H

Homelander

I would rate it poor escape , with 5000 army of samurai and top tiers like luffy and others being around this should have been endgame for kanjuro.

Kanjuro's escape entirely relied on Kaido's ships incoming now we know he has some power to escape even in rain . Overall disappointing escape from my opinion .

Except he had to return... since Zoro is being useless and sleeping on the side...

We have Luffy with Kidd and Law still didn't really return on the ship completely to cover Nami
We have Franky who's made of Steel and can cover Nami also busy with the helm of the ship

And then we have Brook and Zoro who can fend off against the arrow... it's them who should cover Nami... while the panel doesn't lie that no one was protecting her... and he had to get back fast before it hit her
:nicagesmile:

----
Ussop was next to she .

No injuries.....( No one covered him...).

Is Oda plot convenience lol

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Momo will have the chance to stand up to Orochi and find himself in a compromising situation just so Luffy can swoop in and be the badass again, that’s the only reason everyone suddenly caught brain worms. Definitely feels lazy, but Oda’s been making a lot of confusing narrative choices for a while now. Like @Blackbeard said, might as well sit back and enjoy the show...it’ll all make sense eventually, even if there are/were more sensible ways shit could have gone down.

Let's also have Luffy forget he has Future Sight in a way too.
I was waiting for someone to bring up the almighty Future sight. I guess that after this incident and the Gazelle-man one, people will understand that it is not a unstoppable ability. Thanks sir :cheers:

OT: I think that people just stop acting as if the characters know as much as them. You want the characters to act unrealisticly considering the little timeframe they have.

Furthermore, Sanji react to it therefore there was no need to anyone to move. I mean that anyone trying to do something while Sanji was this close to Kanjuro would have been disrespectful to Sanji’s strength.
First of all, remember that a the end of PH when Baby 5 and Buffalo were flying away with CC, Usopp and Nami said that they will take care of it. Law wanted to act nonetheless and was stop in his tracks by Luffy and Zoro. They said something like: be trustful of our Nakamas. Therefore the attitude of Law, Luffy and Zoro made perfect sense.
Second of all, Sanji stopped because of Kinemon’s warning and then to protect Nami. It is totally logical that Sanji not knowing what he was dealing with choose to not pursue his chase. No need to stupidly fall into a trap.

There is nothing underwhelming here if you stop consider that the characters are not as knowledgeable as the reader.

Momo is quite a burden. Can't leave him in one spot to get captured. Take him with you and you have to keep protecting him. Lesser protectors can be defeated, stronger protectors would be wasted.

I feel him though, because it's not his fault. Luffy and anyone except maybe Linlin were just as weak.

I was waiting for someone to bring up the almighty Future sight. I guess that after this incident and the Gazelle-man one, people will understand that it is not a unstoppable ability. Thanks sir :cheers:

OT: I think that people just stop acting as if the characters know as much as them. You want the characters to act unrealisticly considering the little timeframe they have.

Furthermore, Sanji react to it therefore there was no need to anyone to move. I mean that anyone trying to do something while Sanji was this close to Kanjuro would have been disrespectful to Sanji’s strength.
First of all, remember that a the end of PH when Baby 5 and Buffalo were flying away with CC, Usopp and Nami said that they will take care of it. Law wanted to act nonetheless and was stop in his tracks by Luffy and Zoro. They said something like: be trustful of our Nakamas. Therefore the attitude of Law, Luffy and Zoro made perfect sense.
Second of all, Sanji stopped because of Kinemon’s warning and then to protect Nami. It is totally logical that Sanji not knowing what he was dealing with choose to not pursue his chase. No need to stupidly fall into a trap.

There is nothing underwhelming here if you stop consider that the characters are not as knowledgeable as the reader.
I know it's not unstoppable, but in that very moment, nothing bad with using it. This stupidity that these characters are doing needs to stop.

H

Homelander

Actually momo getting captured was best thing for alliance imagine burden carrying the cry baby everywhere .

Now alliance have no choice but to fight in onigashima .The surprise attack kinemon laid out failed now kaido will be better prepared for the incoming attacks .

However its vital kanjuro does not inform about samurai alliance and denjiro's identity , everything is off toss atm . I am hopeful he gets captured before he lands in onigashima i am not sure how oda can make things easy for alliance its as usual tough .

Actually momo getting captured was best thing for alliance imagine burden carrying the cry baby everywhere .

Now alliance have no choice but to fight in onigashima .The surprise attack kinemon laid out failed now kaido will be better prepared for the incoming attacks .

However its vital kanjuro does not inform about samurai alliance and denjiro's identity , everything is off toss atm . I am hopeful he gets captured before he lands in onigashima i am not sure how oda can make things easy for alliance its as usual tough .
Till the burden returns as a hostage.

Or till the samurais start worrying about Momo mid fight.

J

Jo_Ndule

Luffy is happy actually a kid got captured and he is even telling him to stay safe/survive ... this is when you know Oda doesnt give a damn about whatever , he just wanna move the plot even in the most dumbest way

Robin powers wasnt used
Sanji tried but yeah plot via Kinnemon called him back
Ussop was gonna snipe but didnt

Zoro? Useless,
Brook? Useless
Nami? Needs protection as always
Chopper? Useless

Law and Kid don't give a damn , wait...Law powers could have did the job quicker but hey

Not only Kanjuro's escape... but almost everything else in this chapter was trash... Kanjuro's escape with momo, and the last battleship were literally the plot contrivances in this chapter punching you in the face...

Jinbe's deus ex machina entrance reminded me of a story I made when I was 10 y.o, where a kung-fu man came out of nowhere and saved the day, solving everyone's problems by killing the evil centaur in one hit.

Was this chapter really done by Oda??
Because I literally can't imagine his writing being so mediocre like this..

Last edited: