General & Others Was One Piece Ever The Same For You After Post Time Skip?

Yeah, pre-skip was prime piece for me. All my favorite long arcs were pre-skip ones. The only arcs that I really like from post-skip are the short arcs (Return to Sabaody, Zou, Levely), although Egghead is delivering so far IMO (need to see the ending to rank it right) and Dressrosa had its moments.

However, it's pretentious to think that pre-skip is universally considered better than post-skip. We can see that post-skip is preferred when most of the non-strawhats on the top of the recent global popularity poll were post-skip characters (Law was unfolded in post-skip and the most popular villain was Katakuri, for example). That should be one of the main reasons for Oda to continue developing the story like he is now, he's receiving a positive feedback from the public.

The fact that i haven't given a shit about any breaks since gear 4, is the biggest tell for me. That was the last time i was hooked because of the actual content.

Now, im just reading for funny community agenda moments. I haven't read a full chapter since luffy beat kaido. Only spoiler images and summaries.

the shs werent all getting 1v1s in pre ts arcs either. Usopp and Chopper had to share one in Alabasta, usopp didnt do shit in skypea and sanji had to share a fight with luffy. in TB Franky and Robin didn't do much, and Nami had to share her fight with Sanji.
finally someone spitting facts here
Post automatically merged:

Why tf are you even watching.
explain to me why dressrossa is the worst arc

The way I feel about it is the same (love it) but the way the story's being told is definitely different

1. The side characters are far more important than they used to be

The top 20 in the global popularity poll tells a pretty good story

Law ranked 5th, Carrot 8th, Sabo 10th, Yamato 11th, Corazon at 13th (a nice surprise actually), Katakuri 14th, etc

2. We actually have a direction. The end is in sight

We knew about the One Piece pre timeskip but we didn't quite know how to find it. Now that we know about the Poneglyphs and their locations (excluding one) there's a set path that the crew has to follow

Pre Timeskip it felt like anything could happen at any point because the crew was wandering around aimlessly

We haven't had that feeling till... this arc? And Punk Hazard counts too I guess

the shs werent all getting 1v1s in pre ts arcs either. Usopp and Chopper had to share one in Alabasta, usopp didnt do shit in skypea and sanji had to share a fight with luffy. in TB Franky and Robin didn't do much, and Nami had to share her fight with Sanji.
why are you trying to bring reality into this?

Not really, though I didn't really like FI arc I still enjoyed PH, though the treatment of Smoker and Tashigi did bother me. And Dressrosa had its good moments despite its even more questionnable treatment of Rebecca and how it dragged and dragged and dragged, and I liked Zou especially as it was shorter and did some great world building and reveals.

The Yonko saga is what broke the camel's back starting in WCI with the post- Tea Party, and especially Wano with Udon and Onigashima. This is when One Piece really jumped the shark.

I still remember the joy of opening each page of Dragon Ball and being afraid that the page would be over soon as I kept reading. But sometimes I would drop One Piece due to boring arcs and chapters filled with irrelevant information.

I actually am now after the Yonko Saga recognizing the old One Piece that "ended" in 2010. Its almost like the Yonko Saga was a big deviation of 12 years from the plot (altough actually many things important for the plot happened,like the discovery of Sabo being alive and Gear 5 for example) and now since the end of Wano we are back in the actual "sequel" of what happened after Marineford. So yeah Egghead is awesome kinda at the pre-TS level but Enies Lobby will probably stay the best arc forever.

I remember when Oda took a month break for the timeskip back in 2010 i was sure that it wont return as the same manga.
Story was at its peak and i understood that its really difficult for an author to keep it that way.

I couldnt believe that it would return so bad unfortunately. Reading FMI weekly was like a torture. Sure DR pacing wasnt great but we had a lot of interesting characters unlike fucking Otohime and her crybaby.

I remember when Oda took a month break for the timeskip back in 2010 i was sure that it wont return as the same manga.
Story was at its peak and i understood that its really difficult for an author to keep it that way.

I couldnt believe that it would return so bad unfortunately. Reading FMI weekly was like a torture. Sure DR pacing wasnt great but we had a lot of interesting characters unlike fucking Otohime and her crybaby.
From enis lobby to the sabo flashback I'm sure people thought it was peak but you could say that from the beggining of the grandline to skypiea was peak or you could even say eastblue was peak with Nami usopp being great character and baratie and arlong park being really solid arcs.

It's all up to taste but anybody with said taste can agree as far as feel, adventure and story telling what oda has done does not compare after the timeskip. People love corazons flashback but for them to compare it to Noland or hililuks flashback I think is wild. I'm sure it's more than nostalgia.

From enis lobby to the sabo flashback I'm sure people thought it was peak but you could say that from the beggining of the grandline to skypiea was peak or you could even say eastblue was peak with Nami usopp being great character and baratie and arlong park being really solid arcs.

It's all up to taste but anybody with said taste can agree as far as feel, adventure and story telling what oda has done does not compare after the timeskip. People love corazons flashback but for them to compare it to Noland or hililuks flashback I think is wild. I'm sure it's more than nostalgia.
Even if we leave aside which arcs were better and stuff like this we can just ask ourselves about iconic moments.

Pre ts we had

- Walk to Arlong Park
- Robin's i want to live
- A fucking ship "dying"
- Luffy rining the bell
- SHs defeat at SA
- WB's death

and countless other scenes.

Post ts not a single moment (so far) comes close.

Maybe Kaido's introduction and the 5vs2 shot at the start of the rooftop but they are not even close to pre ts moments.

Even if we leave aside which arcs were better and stuff like this we can just ask ourselves about iconic moments.

Pre ts we had

- Walk to Arlong Park
- Robin's i want to live
- A fucking ship "dying"
- Luffy rining the bell
- SHs defeat at SA
- WB's death

Maybe Kaido's introduction and the 5vs2 shot at the start of the rooftop but they are not even close to pre ts moments.
If we stretch the imagination you could say law cutting the mountain

Find out raizou was alive(zou is the best arc post time skip by far)

Maybe brookes speech or jenbe showing up against the fleet.

They don't compare though. When I think of post timeskip all I think of is Usopp running out on the dwarves and Luffy saying he doesn't like liquor. That essentially killed the manga for me.

Pre ts we had

- Walk to Arlong Park
- Robin's i want to live
- A fucking ship "dying"
- Luffy rining the bell
- SHs defeat at SA
- WB's death

If we stretch the imagination you could say law cutting the mountain

Find out raizou was alive(zou is the best arc post time skip by far)

Maybe brookes speech or jenbe showing up against the fleet.

They don't compare though. When I think of post timeskip all I think of is Usopp running out on the dwarves and Luffy saying he doesn't like liquor. That essentially killed the manga for me.
Yeah, the "Raizo is alive!" and Jinbe's "A member of the PK crew can't be afraid of a mere Yonko" speech are the only two capital-M post-ts Moments I can think of rn. Maybe even Sabo's "Hell is in Mariejois"