Powers & Abilities We already know a lunarians worst fear through Ryokugyu

The major difference between flame on and flame off like zoro says is
  1. While its on they’re pretty much invincible and can’t get hurt
  2. While it’s off they sacrifice that defensive ability for more speed

While being essentially invincible and immune to damage is cool there are definitely ways to stop/beat characters like that. Even if they stay in their flame mode they can still be restrained. Just like we just saw with the seraphim

It also makes more sense as to how the lunarian were wiped out. It really most likely came to the world government trying to capture them. With the lunarian being forced to decide to either turn off their flames in hopes of escaping or leaving it on to avoid damage but risk getting caught.
The ones that tried to run most likely died without their flames to protect them. The ones that got captured probably died because they eventually turned it off. They’d probably rather die than being used as the world government test subjects and play things.

Ryokugyu the lunarian killer and black blade forger already showing us a firsthand example. One of ryokugyu’s main abilities is straight up restraining people with his branches. So that means for someone like king and lunarian in general they’re going to have to decide whether they want to risk getting captured or killed instead

When it comes to why king didn’t decide to keep blocking with his flame till zoro passed out it most likely came down to his pride/ego. The same exact reason a lot of one piece villains end up falling.

Zoro basically called king a scared for using his flame to block his attacks on top of calling him out on only pretending his attacks weren’t hurting. While yeah it logically wasn’t the best thing for king to give into the taunting his pride would have been damaged if he didn’t try and prove Zoro wrong.
So instead of just staying in flame mode waiting for zoro to pass out instead he goes on the offensive. He turns off his flame and tries to beat him with overwhelming force aka his strongest attack. While also keeping a distance between them to make it even more difficult. Zoro was able to get past his attack and defeat him either way

Yes a good alternative to beating super durable characters is finding a way to trap or restrain them, but also a war of attrition where they simply run out of stamina is also an option especially if they’re up against characters with high evasion or endurance

Yes a good alternative to beating super durable characters is finding a way to trap or restrain them, but also a war of attrition where they simply run out of stamina is also an option especially if they’re up against characters with high evasion or endurance
Based on what we’ve of the lunarian so far I don’t think the stamina thing will be an option with them
So basically as long as they’re in their flame mode it doesn’t matter how strong or fast you are if you can’t restrict them
You're supposed to make it subtle.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Should’ve agreed harder
:endthis:
but nah that’s why I tagged you lol. You agreed with the vision
Admirals stock on the rise and lunarian stock at an all time low
:kuzanshut:
I made multiple posts that were similar.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/not-another-lunarian-thread.45996/page-3#post-4613471

I've been saying Flame on King gets ragdolled by Aramaki, Aramaki is built for restraining characters, so King would just get caught and turned into a test subject again. If King wanted to avoid that fate he is forced to use speed mode. Which then leads to openings.

I changed my mind on how King works, ever since Zoro and Luffy failed to do anything to the seraphim. His durability is absolute, CoC doesn't do shit far as we know.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/not-another-lunarian-thread.45996/page-3#post-4613471

I've been saying Flame on King gets ragdolled by Aramaki, Aramaki is built for restraining characters, so King would just get caught and turned into a test subject again. If King wanted to avoid that fate he is forced to use speed mode. Which then leads to openings.

I changed my mind on how King works, ever since Zoro and Luffy failed to do anything to the seraphim. His durability is absolute, CoC doesn't do shit far as we know.
Rooftop Zoro with knowledge of the Flame beats King. Zoro never needed CoC to beat someone like King, it was to tame Enma which is a top tier feat.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Rooftop Zoro with knowledge of the Flame beats King. Zoro never needed CoC to beat someone like King, it was to tame Enma which is a top tier feat.
A full intel Rooftop Zoro vs King with no mink medicine timelimit can likely end in a hard fought Zoro victory. It would just be a very very long fight, Zoro wouldn't be going down to King's offense, and it would take something special for Zoro to capitalize when King's defenses are down, cause we still saw him tank a couple very powerful coc laced attacks.

If King ran into Asura maybe that would be game.

I wouldn't be mad if someone says King can win as well, he would just need to fight a lot smarter than he's shown.

The good thing about the lunarian gimmick is there doesn’t seem to be an actual limit to how long or much they can use it. Tho the bad thing is that it’s definitely the most exploitable. With the lunarians whole race essentially being extinct
:willight:

Compared to Marco and katakuri who gimmicks are arguably better but only while they last since there’s a stamina/haki limit

At the same time you can be born a lunarian or eat the phoenix fruit and still be fodder but having future sight is an automatic flex of strength
:kata: