Powers & Abilities We already know a lunarians worst fear through Ryokugyu

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
You're a clown. Doffy is fodder
Cry more.

A full intel Rooftop Zoro vs King with no mink medicine timelimit can likely end in a hard fought Zoro victory. It would just be a very very long fight, Zoro wouldn't be going down to King's offense, and it would take something special for Zoro to capitalize when King's defenses are down, cause we still saw him tank a couple very powerful coc laced attacks.

If King ran into Asura maybe that would be game.

I wouldn't be mad if someone says King can win as well, he would just need to fight a lot smarter than he's shown.
Yep. It'll take a while but Zoro can bring him down. It'll just last longer than it did w/ CoC.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The good thing about the lunarian gimmick is there doesn’t seem to be an actual limit to how long or much they can use it. Tho the bad thing is that it’s definitely the most exploitable. With the lunarians whole race essentially being extinct
:willight:

Compared to Marco and katakuri who gimmicks are arguably better but only while they last since there’s a stamina/haki limit

At the same time you can be born a lunarian or eat the phoenix fruit and still be fodder but having future sight is an automatic flex of strength
:kata:
Lol I don't have the energy for this rn.

They're in the same boat to me, Katakuri is just the most skilled (the best haki), Marco has the broken DF, King has his Genes.

Lol I don't have the energy for this rn.

They're in the same boat to me, Katakuri is just the most skilled (the best haki), Marco has the broken DF, King has his Genes.
I’m just comparing gimmicks
And the weakest future sight user just so happens to be stronger than the weakest lunarian or fodder with the phoenix fruit
:endthis::kuzanshut:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Cry more.

Yep. It'll take a while but Zoro can bring him down. It'll just last longer than it did w/ CoC.
King without his flames is more durable than kaido

Greenbull was proven not to be able to drain King
Lbinos dumbass has been proven wrong at every point

ZenZu

I’m just comparing gimmicks
And the weakest future sight user just so happens to be stronger than the weakest lunarian or fodder with the phoenix fruit
:endthis::kuzanshut:
Fodder with Lunarian Genes > Fodder with Phoenix Fruit > Fodder with Future Sight imo

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
There's a reason why Zoro did not manage to figure out King's weakness before gaining CoC. King without speed mode is on par with if not better than pre-CoC Zoro. In speed mode, he's everything that Flame-On King is with much better speed, which makes his basic stats stronger with the only difference being him losing his invulnerability. You couldn't get more clueless if you believe King losing his defense is all it takes to take him out.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
There's a reason why Zoro did not manage to figure out King's weakness before gaining CoC. King without speed mode is on par with if not better than pre-CoC Zoro. In speed mode, he's everything that Flame-On King is with much better speed, which makes his basic stats stronger with the only difference being him losing his invulnerability. You couldn't get more clueless if you believe King losing his defense is all it takes to take him out.
King was using speed mode from the start of the fight.
It just took a while for Zoro to realize that it was the opening he needed to hit.

ZenZu

Meh, King has nothing that Zoro can't handle defensively. Zoro blocks him every step of the way, shreds his flames every step of the way, the only issue is exhaustion. Given a timelimit (mink medicine, and enma) Zoro never stood a chance.

You give Zoro all the time in the world, intel, and it's a completely different fight. King's problems don't magically get solved because Zoro now does less damage, he still does a lot of damage even without CoC. Zoro tagged speed mode King in his first try when he found out. King didn't tag Zoro clean the entire fight, he can definitely bully him but that's not enough to put Zoro down for good when there's no strict timelimit involved. Perhaps he can outlast Zoro, tire him out if he fights smart...

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I love that yall are talking more about Zoro's opponent than about anyone else.
Truly shows how impressive King is. And the only one who can beat him. :zosmug:

The hoops to jump through when there is a manga panel that says why you blocking? I thought my attacks did nothing to you. (Flame on) and we see kings scared face because he was (afraid of what zoro could do to him even with his flame on with his coc haki):gokulaugh: I swear when oda actually shows it half of these people that think kings iq is low are just gonna dip

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
King was using speed mode from the start of the fight.
It just took a while for Zoro to realize that it was the opening he needed to hit.
He's been using it from the beginning, and yet Zoro did not figure it out until CoC came along. He couldn't do much against speed mode in direct confrontations:

Also, there's no reason to believe King will continue to use speed mode once his secret is revealed. He was only using it freely before CoC because his secret hasn't been revealed. After that he tried to avoid using it, but Zoro's power, COC, made him lose confidence in his defense, which is why he chose to avoid a direct confrontation and used speed mode. It's normal for anyone to use speed to avoid attacks when they can't afford to get hit, which is what King tried doing when he used speed mode post CoC.

The only time King turned off speed mode that may count as a dumb move is him turning it off while using the final Flame Dragon, and that too can be attributed to him needing to turn off his flames to use his best move although we don't know it for sure.
Post automatically merged:

He created his hypothesis about King's gimmick before unlocking ACOC.

"I was right..."

Even if that were true, my point still stands though. He couldn't confirm it until he gained COC because he couldn't do anything to King until he gained COC to confirm his theory.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
He's been using it from the beginning, and yet Zoro did not figure it out until CoC came along. He couldn't do much against speed mode in direct confrontations:

Also, there's no reason to believe King will continue to use speed mode once his secret is revealed. He was only using it freely before CoC because his secret hasn't been revealed. After that he tried to avoid using it, but Zoro's power, COC, made him lose confidence in his defense, which is why he chose to avoid a direct confrontation and used speed mode. It's normal for anyone to use speed to avoid attacks when they can't afford to get hit, which is what King tried doing when he used speed mode post CoC.

The only time King turned off speed mode that may count as a dumb move is him turning it off while using the final Flame Dragon, and that too can be attributed to him needing to turn off his flames to use his best move although we don't know it for sure.
Kings techniques and movements were boosted by Speed Mode.

We only saw King overpowering UTH with a technique of his own. That doesnt mean anything regarding how he would handle Roof Zoro's stronger attacks in speed mode. There is no reason to believe he's walking off a clean Shishi Sonson in flame off, f.ex.

Zoro himself said in 1035 that attacking Flame On is useless and he reiterated it in Egghead. It's pretty clear that Flame On is Invincibility to damage & Flame Off is speed.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Meh, King has nothing that Zoro can't handle defensively. Zoro blocks him every step of the way, shreds his flames every step of the way, the only issue is exhaustion. Given a timelimit (mink medicine, and enma) Zoro never stood a chance.

You give Zoro all the time in the world, intel, and it's a completely different fight. King's problems don't magically get solved because Zoro now does less damage, he still does a lot of damage even without CoC. Zoro tagged speed mode King in his first try when he found out. King didn't tag Zoro clean the entire fight, he can definitely bully him but that's not enough to put Zoro down for good when there's no strict timelimit involved. Perhaps he can outlast Zoro, tire him out if he fights smart...
I didn't see any of this handling when Zoro was legit getting ragdolled across the island. Mink medicine's timelimit was barely a concern during King vs Zoro. His biggest issues were Haki exhaustion and the damage he's taking from consistently getting sent flying.

While they obviously both happened during the same time they both required their own thing separate from the other.

Like zoro highlighted multiple times against king his main issue was that he didn’t understand how his body worked. With him obviously needing to understand how his lunarian body works to have a chance of winning

When it comes zoro struggling with enma the main reason was because the blade was testing him. Enma was pushing zoro to his limits by forcing out as much haki as possible. It was only till zoro fully excepted the challenge and not only that but emposed his will on it. He took its moniker along with unlocking conquerors in the process.

A lot of the confusion is while they’re separate revelations they both became fully realized pretty much at the same time. Him passing enma’s test and unlocking conquerors in the process + him figuring out how kings lunarian body works are still 2 separate things that aren’t a necessity for the other.
Even in king of hell mode all zoro and king were highlighting was zoro figuring out his body.
  1. Conquerors was never unlocked to counter and beat king
  2. It was never necessary to hurt him
  3. Zoro never needed it to hurt lunarian in general
  4. It really had nothing to do with him
  5. People without conquerors can hurt and even beat lunarian
Zoro figuring out how kings lunarian gimmick works and his taming of enma needed 2 separate revelations. It just so happened Zoro figured both out at the same time

Enma was testing zoro to make him stronger. Conquerors is not a necessity to beat some fodder lunarian
I don’t understand how many times zoro, king, and everyone else has to say that lunarians are invulnerable to damage while their flame is burning for people to actually listen
:sanmoji:

Did zoro have to get stronger in order to defeat king especially within his time limit? Yeah
But pretending conquerors haki is required to defeat a lunarian and can hurt them while their flame burns is straight up illiterate ignorance fueled by weird agenda

ZenZu

I didn't see any of this handling when Zoro was legit getting ragdolled across the island. Mink medicine's timelimit was barely a concern during King vs Zoro. His biggest issues were Haki exhaustion and the damage he's taking from consistently getting sent flying.
If you believe that's enough to take Zoro down, then that's cool. I disagree, Zoro has a lot more in the tank than that. Just bullying Zoro through his guard won't be enough to keep him down imo. Not when Zoro knows exactly when to spend more energy attacking and defending.

But again, logically King should still be able to win. Zoro isn't exactly Aramaki where he can just restrain and bully King if King just decides to stay in Flame on. But King just hasn't shown any signs of fighting logically. In character he probably wouldn't be satisfied with the fight going on for hours on end and would try to actually get around Zoro's guard more often.

Though now that I think about it, if you gave King full intel as well he would know Zoro can cut flames. So that definitely makes King better prepared than he was in that final attack.

Yea I can see arguments going both ways.

The scence doesn’t make sense if king flame on is invincible. He can stay flame on and tank KOH strongest attacks as if king flame on mode is invincible.

‘Then people but in eggland , SSG robot flame mode is invincible . So why king turn flame off ?What in universe you would trade invincible for fst speed ?
Only we can say robot have unlimited stamina so the flame can last much longer than king .