Character Discussion We really dont care if Sanji is weaker than Zoro.

Why is it that Jinbei beat the strongest F6 member easier that Sanji beat Queen yet Jinbei isn’t considered commander level and Sanji jumps all the way to YC1?

Jinbei is under rated.
I don't see sanji as YC1, and even if it is, I don't see him defeating other YC1s yet, just like I don't see jinbe defeating cracker, expect to see him defeat Jack and that didn't even happen.
I wonder why Oda didn't follow that path for him, while sanji and zoro faced two characters in the billion house, does that mean something?

Some Sanji fans can't accept that he is the #3, while some Zoro fans can't accept that he isn't #1.

It stems from Sanji having moments where he looks as capable as Zoro and Zoro having moments where he looks as capable as Luffy.
it stems from oda being a bitch in a nutshell.. the lad isn't explicit with things
Post automatically merged:

Odas has made it clear that Sanji is weaker but he will never explicitly say it. These debates make people talk about the manga which generates revenue for him.
i wonder how much revenue oda has generated from WG bruh

there is no revenue being generated from this..where you do see Sanji>Zoro and vice versa merch.. people don't buy mangas or play games coz of Zoro vs Sanji debates..

Oda just has us occupied with shit.. to hide things or something else

him being explicit from the get go wouldn't change a thing.. but he keeps it implicit for some fuggin reason

Last edited:
I don't see sanji as YC1, and even if it is, I don't see him defeating other YC1s yet, just like I don't see jinbe defeating cracker, expect to see him defeat Jack and that didn't even happen.
I wonder why Oda didn't follow that path for him, while sanji and zoro faced two characters in the billion house, does that mean something?
I think the Dukes had to fight Jack. Jinbei could still fight Smoothie. Also Jinbei is one of the worst matchups for Cracker. He’s not going to run out of water because he uses what’s in the air. I see Jinbei winning that based on a bad matchup.

I don’t know why Oda didn’t give Jinbei a commander but it doesn’t take away from his strength. Especially considering CP0 thought WsW would die in that fight.

it stems from oda being a bitch in a nutshell.. the lad isn't explicit with things

i wonder how much revenue oda has generated from WG bruh

there is no revenue being generated from this..where you do see Sanji>Zoro and vice versa merch.. people don't buy mangas or play games coz of Zoro vs Sanji debates..

Oda just has us occupied with shit.. to hide things or something else

him being explicit from the get go wouldn't change a thing.. but he keeps it implicit for some fuggin reason
You clearly don’t understand how business works. This debate isn’t limited to Worstgen. Zoro & Sanji has the most toxic fan base in all of anime probably.

But debates = people talking about it.
People talking about = new people hearing about it.
New people hearing about it = more viewers
More viewers = more manga sales
More manga sales = more revenue for Oda

You clearly don’t understand how business works. This debate isn’t limited to Worstgen. Zoro & Sanji has the most toxic fan base in all of anime probably.

But debates = people talking about it.
People talking about = new people hearing about it.
New people hearing about it = more viewers
More viewers = more manga sales
More manga sales = more revenue for Oda
the most people are expose to isn't even debates.. and specifically Sanji vs Zoro you don't see such on mainstream all you see is amvs and fights that attracts peoples attention

most manga readers don't hear Sanji vs Zoro debates or any at all and use it as an incentive to read one piece..

debates don't do crap.. they just circulate within the community.. its the people that suggest eachother such titles that they then try out.. they don't start with Zoro vs sanji debates ot any at all

there is no direct revenue being attained here..and very minimal from S v Z or M3 vague bs..

as OP watcher i didn't even know Sanji vs Zoro debate were even a thing until i came here

the most people are expose to isn't even debates.. and specifically Sanji vs Zoro you don't see such on mainstream all you see is amvs and fights that attracts peoples attention

most manga readers don't hear Sanji vs Zoro debates or any at all and use it as an incentive to read one piece..

debates don't do crap.. they just circulate within the community.. it the people that suggest eachother such titles do they try out.. they don't start with Zoro vs sanji debates ot any at all

there is no direct revenue being attained here..
Direct or indirect revenue streams are still revenue streams.

Look at social media for example if you look at anime on YouTube it recommends more anime. Zoro vs Sanji is popular in our community therefore will get recommended. Your looking at this from a smaller lense not the entire picture.

Trust me I do this for a living.

You forgot the second gap.

Luffy 100
Zoro 96
Sanji 90
I don't see that much difference, if zoro is 96, I'd say sanji is 93, that's because of the huge offensive power of zoro and CoC, other than that I don't see any other advantage for him.

Oda had sanji say it. And you still in denial.
Sanji thought he was gonna lose himself and go on an evil rampage and called zoro to kill him.
Sanji knows himself zoro whups his ass.
Are you really using that as an argument?
Sanji would rather die than be part of the germ, who do you think he should ask for that?
Nami?
Ussop maybe?
Luffy I guess because he doesn't have enough problems with kaido.

Direct or indirect revenue streams are still revenue streams.

Look at social media for example if you look at anime on YouTube it recommends more anime. Zoro vs Sanji is popular in our community therefore will get recommended. Your looking at this from a smaller lense not the entire picture.

Trust me I do this for a living.
YouTube and social media have ALGORITHMS if you have ever heard of em
YouTube doesn't recommend randomly its you who sets the algorithm through your consumption of specific content not random from a specific category.. if you consume Naruto and search it up you'll only see that mostly even if it shows something that you don't consume
you barley get exposed to DEBATES on YouTube.. no one who doesn't even watch /read a series would be fascinated by a 1v1 comparison.. on YouTube or even Instagram

All debates do is the same as any other video on YouTube amv, insta post, and montages do.. give more exposure to the series.. and Debates definitively are the lowest that have people intrigued.

in the grand scheme of thing its negligible

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I don't see that much difference, if zoro is 96, I'd say sanji is 93, that's because of the huge offensive power of zoro and CoC, other than that I don't see any other advantage for him.

Sanji would rather die than be part of the germ, who do you think he should ask for that?
Nami?
Ussop maybe?
Yes I am.
You're proving my point.
If he turns evil he can't control himself
He knows how strong he is.
He has to tell someone STRONGER to kill him.
The fact is bar luffy who wouldn't anyway he can't tell anyone on the crew to do it cause they aren't able.

This is exactly the reason why Oda didn't give Sanji any win in the New World, to let people know that between him and Zoro there is an ocean, after years, Oda maybe thought was enough to let the message trough and let Sanji win against an idiotic fat-ass with a sneak attack and people restart to compare him with Zoro. 96-90 I can understand but 96-93 you're dreaming

Nami?
Ussop maybe?
I think Zoro wins IJ the following categories:
Power - Zoro is physically more powerful & his attacks are more powerful.

Defense (durability & endurance) - Zoro wins in both. The exoskeleton put Sanji close but he still isn’t more durable than Zoro. Taking Hakkai for a while and then scarring Kaido is to impressive and taking Luffys pain on top of his own is even more impressive to me.

Stamina - easily Zoro.

Haki - Zoro not even close he has strong enough CoA to tank a point blank explosion from a YC1. He has all three forms & he has an advanced version of ACoC which is the most powerful. He also has Ryou where he can push his haki outward.

I won’t count lethalness because Sanji isn’t a swordsman. Speed is the only category Sanji wins.

This is exactly the reason why Oda didn't give Sanji any win in the New World, to let people know that between him and Zoro there is an ocean, after years, Oda maybe thought was enough to let the message trough and let Sanji win against an idiotic fat-ass with a sneak attack and people restart to compare him with Zoro. 96-90 I can understand but 96-93 you're dreaming
If Oda really wanted to use the new world to extend this difference, he did it very badly.
You're using all the history of the new world that yes, it was bad for sanji, and forget what he did in Wano, if he really shows the difference between two, I wouldn't have used the word wings for that, I didn't need the scene from cap 1023, nor the relationship between king and queen.
And it's a fact that apart from the two factors I mentioned in the last comment, there's nothing else that zoro does better, and even then he's still stronger, I don't understand why you like to do it sanji being a Ussop compared to him, and even Oda doesn't want that.