Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Lol. Just to summarise here:

Mango calls Flower by the name she goes by on MU.
Flower calls this out.
Mango says he just called her that because he's pretending to be a German doctor.
Flower, again, points out that Fleur isn't German, but French.
I point out that it doesn't make sense for Mango to choose Fleur on the basis that he said it did, because the German word for Flower is nothing like Fleur. In other words he must have gotten it from somewhere else.
Mango, effectively, concedes that he did get it from somewhere else, but that it's outrageous to claim he slipped up. He then invokes several manipulation tactics, including guilt tripping and deflection.
I point out the above.
Mango says it wasn't guilt tripping, because at the time he was thinking of a random quote from a completely unrelated party that said Mango likes to pretend to be dumb.

So in short, Mango expects me to deduce exactly where his inner psyche goes, concedes at several points that the conclusions I made tracked logically, but actually meant something else, and yet through all this, can't possibly see how I could make said conclusions, and ends up on an OMGUS vote before leaving the thread.

Really makes me think.
@Indigo As you asked.

Indigo

Yellow Flash

Flower calls this out.
Mango says he just called her that because he's pretending to be a German doctor.
I point out that it doesn't make sense for Mango to choose Fleur on the basis that he said it did, because the German word for Flower is nothing like Fleur. In other words he must have gotten it from somewhere else.
Mango, effectively, concedes that he did get it from somewhere else, but that it's outrageous to claim he slipped up. He then invokes several manipulation tactics, including guilt tripping and deflection.
I point out the above.
Mango says it wasn't guilt tripping, because at the time he was thinking of a random quote from a completely unrelated party that said Mango likes to pretend to be dumb.

So in short, Mango expects me to deduce exactly where his inner psyche goes, concedes at several points that the conclusions I made tracked logically, but actually meant something else, and yet through all this, can't possibly see how I could make said conclusions, and ends up on an OMGUS vote before leaving the thread.

Really makes me think.
Based on this

i'm completely fine seeing this as a slip

i don't think it's nothing

even if what he is saying is true, if he was townie, he would respond more like "yeah, whatever, i fucked up, don't mind", more relaxed

but as you pointed out right now, it seems like they were really tense in their defense

Zemmi

GodMommie

Flower calls this out.
I point out the above.

Really makes me think.
If it is a slip, who calls flower that often?

Ratchet

Based on this

i'm completely fine seeing this as a slip

i don't think it's nothing

even if what he is saying is true, if he was townie, he would respond more like "yeah, whatever, i fucked up, don't mind", more relaxed

but as you pointed out right now, it seems like they were really tense in their defense
Right, that's kind of the crux here. I'm not going to get sucked into arguing whether it was really a slip or not, when his reaction to this was to get very defensive and lose reason in the process. Imo, that's more indicative of something substantial there than whether or not he really calls Flower Fleur. Mostly saying this to cut off future defences from potential scum mates, who will want to keep the discussion at "did Mango really slip" vs "Was Mango shaky in defending himself, and not town-like".

Ratchet

If it is a slip, who calls flower that often?
I would be guessing, pretty much anyone who primarily plays on MU, that Flower brought here, would fit the bill. And I don't really propose just going through them to confirm that, rather I propose that if Mango is scum, it's likely one of this is his scum mate, and that should be used to build up the bigger picture/solve. I can think of about 3 names from the top of my head, but I'm guessing there will be a pool of around 5.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
I mean, this doesn't really mean anything to me. I laid out my accusation and why I believed it so. You telling me that it actually means something that I find to be less compelling is w/e. As for the second part, I can't exactly ignore what it serves to do though (you can claim it's unintentional, but everyone who has ever employed guilt tripping would likely also claim it's unintentional, that's how manipulation works). To me, it was an escalation that had no basis in reality - there was no reason to take from my post an insult and my posts had nothing to do with OddOddFruit.

It's not a bang to rights case. Still want you dead though <3. I also think your claim that you don't think I can possibly believe it was pretty convenient, because given how I've outlined it, and the explanations you've given, there is no way you could reasonably expect me to deduce where your mind supposedly was to make those comments, and so I think you should be finding it quite easy to see my point of view. But refusing to concede ground to your interlocutor in terms of how genuine the claim is, is another hallmark of scum.
I'll respond to your last 2 posts before I go, I can fit that in

So for part 1;
You are free to believe what you want, and you may be free to jump to any conclusions that you want. That being said, I'm calling you out for relying entirely on assumptions and conjecture that only holds merit if you want it to be true.

While Odd may have nothing to do with this here directly, it doesn't really matter. I made a reference to it to adress my disbelief in the magnitude of a "case" you made on me.
You're acting as if town would never knowingly nor unknowingly use manipulation, which in itself is disingenuous.

Again you're only trying to justify your narrative with nothing more than conjecture and assumptions.

Part 2;
Why is it convenient for me to not believe that you believed your case here?

Your case is a nothing burger, I don't believe that you are one to chase unicorns.

"But refusing to concede ground to your interlocutor in terms of how genuine the claim is, is another hallmark of scum."
I am not sure what you're saying here, what exactly are you saying I'm not conceding on?

I conceded that I made a mistake in the language, but what exactly is it that I am supposedly refusing to admit?
It's Day 1, and you haven't exactly been ever present. What standard of case do you think should be the threshold for today? How would I go about proving my argument if I don't deconstruct the logic that you're arguing back with? If I found it to be satisfying, I'd say so!
Well, to this you are correct. I haven't been present, that's not a secret, and honestly it has nothing to do with the game.

I appreciate that you're effectively giving me an opportunity to engage with the game through your unicorn case on me, but my activity prior to this is simply irrelevant to the case at large.

I don't want to go into details, nor should I have to. I ask of you respectfully to not use my late arrival as evidence in your casing, though this being the kind of game that it is, I know that it will be whether I want it to or not.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!

Flower calls this out.
I point out the above.

Really makes me think.
I really want to respond to this, but my goodness, you're either purposefully twisting my words completely, or you're simply not comprehending what I've been telling you.

But I really have to get back to work, I type at snail speed on the phone, so I've already spent way more time than I intended

Emil

Certified Memelord
Okay first up, you're wrong in your conclusion and this is absolutely a wild leap. I will admit to the language hiccup, but I've referred to flower as Fleur in the past as well so this isn't a gotcha as you believe it to be. I assumed, without having checked, that it was the German word for flower due to it being her name on MU.

Though yes, I don't refer to her as that very often it has happened before, and whether she remember that or not doesn't really matter to me.

So what if it is specific, playing the championships was a memorable event, and coincidentally I re-read some of the game I played not too long ago.

Your reasoning here is entirely that I couldn't possibly remember her name, and the only reason i would refer to her by this name is that I must be on a team with someone who is a MU frequenter.

I know some people like to question my intelligence, but is this the level of standard I'm being held to?
I don't know if I should feel offended lmao
hi mango
feel like you are unhappy you are getting sused correctly for what you perceive as wrong reasons

Emil

Certified Memelord
i.e im getting similar vibes i had when i was serial killer and pushed u in ratchet's game where u were scum and thought that i got you for wrong reason

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
hi mango
feel like you are unhappy you are getting sused correctly for what you perceive as wrong reasons
Nah, this is the same energy of when I was being accused of being Cell time and time again even after someone using an action to check for cell.

Anyway, curse is real, i need to force myself out here

Status
Not open for further replies.