Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone translate this in simple english, ty
Flower’s username on Mafia Universe is Fleur. Mango called her that without a clear reason. Ratchet suggested that Mango might have seen the name in a Mafia Universe game or claimed it was part of his gimmick. However, that doesn’t make sense because Mango didn’t check the German word for Flower (Blume). The most likely scenario is that someone who knows Flower as Fleur called her that, and Mango picked it up. Ratchet concluded that Mango lied about why he used the name Fleur, which is suspicious.

Emil

Certified Memelord
The Rock knows he smells like expired jabroni beef stick with mold on it..but you have to still include him..this is weebs and he is the definition of a pencil neck richard sniffing t-pein anus sipping member of our community and we love him for it.
yo tea its been like 3 years and we still live rent free in this guys head lol @T-Pein™

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Okay first up, you're wrong in your conclusion and this is absolutely a wild leap. I will admit to the language hiccup, but I've referred to flower as Fleur in the past as well so this isn't a gotcha as you believe it to be. I assumed, without having checked, that it was the German word for flower due to it being her name on MU.

Though yes, I don't refer to her as that very often it has happened before, and whether she remember that or not doesn't really matter to me.

So what if it is specific, playing the championships was a memorable event, and coincidentally I re-read some of the game I played not too long ago.

Your reasoning here is entirely that I couldn't possibly remember her name, and the only reason i would refer to her by this name is that I must be on a team with someone who is a MU frequenter.

I know some people like to question my intelligence, but is this the level of standard I'm being held to?
I don't know if I should feel offended
lmao
Underlined - Strawman, my reasoning is that youte unlikely to randomly refer to her as Fleur, without having some prompt to link that name to her. You do, after all, typically call her "Flower". Moreover, you said that you called her Fleur to lean into your German doctor aesthetic, to argue that her name being that on MU had nothing to do with it. Of course, Fleur isn't German, so this can't possibly be the case, and it's only after this fact is presented that her name being that on MU comes into play for you. One would think, if it were the case, you'd have mentioned this in your original response!

Bolded - Guilt-tripping, a common form of manipulation to attempt to make the subject matter undesirable to engage with. By making the accusation about insulting your intelligence, you attempt to charge what I'm saying as if it is underlaid with an insult, in the hopes that the prospect of you taking offence is enough for to back off of it. And if it isn't, it may at least encourage others to look past it. Not good enough.

Flower’s username on Mafia Universe is Fleur. Mango called her that without a clear reason. Ratchet suggested that Mango might have seen the name in a Mafia Universe game or claimed it was part of his gimmick. However, that doesn’t make sense because Mango didn’t check the German word for Flower (Blume). The most likely scenario is that someone who knows Flower as Fleur called her that, and Mango picked it up. Ratchet concluded that Mango lied about why he used the name Fleur, which is suspicious.
Thank you! I thought he was just rp his character lol.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Flower's UN on MU is Fleur. Mango has no reason to call Flower Fleur, so it stands to reason that her being called that was at the forefront of his mind. It could have been that he was reading an MU game or something, but he initially tried to pass it off as part of his gimmick, when he clearly hadn't checked what the German word for Flower was, so it can't have had anything to do with his gimmick. Most likely, someone who knows Flower as Fleur referred to her as such, and that was why it would be on Mango's mind. It's hard to narrow it down much further than that, I would profile the mystery MU player as someone who knows Flower reasonably well and is engaged with the game, but that part isn't really the important bit (just worth keeping in mind). What is important, is that Mango lied about his version of events, which is outing IMO.
I'll give you credit for your effort in trying to justify your conclusion based on wild amount of conjecture and assumptions.

But it is just that, baseless assumptions and conjecture.
I can only assume you're doing this to reaction test, because I don't believe that you yourself believe this story
:goatasure:

Ratchet

in previous mafia games
I'm sure he has. But I would argue it's neither A) common, or B) lines up with his original story. You're free to make your own conclusions after that, including on his response, which I find to be less that satisfactory. Happy to stay the course with Watson if this isn't compelling enough for a Day 1 lynch.

Ratchet looks to be grasping big time here. His presentation seemed very fake. Id be more inclined to believe he is scum with Mango versus scum with someone calling Flower, Fleur

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Underlined - Strawman, my reasoning is that youte unlikely to randomly refer to her as Fleur, without having some prompt to link that name to her. You do, after all, typically call her "Flower". Moreover, you said that you called her Fleur to lean into your German doctor aesthetic, to argue that her name being that on MU had nothing to do with it. Of course, Fleur isn't German, so this can't possibly be the case, and it's only after this fact is presented that her name being that on MU comes into play for you. One would think, if it were the case, you'd have mentioned this in your original response!

Bolded - Guilt-tripping, a common form of manipulation to attempt to make the subject matter undesirable to engage with. By making the accusation about insulting your intelligence, you attempt to charge what I'm saying as if it is underlaid with an insult, in the hopes that the prospect of you taking offence is enough for to back off of it. And if it isn't, it may at least encourage others to look past it. Not good enough.
Yes, yes.

If you read what I said, thinking fleur was German was an assumption that I had made subconsciously. So because I was under the assumption that was the case, I leaned into the gimmick.

It really isn't deeper than that, even if you want it to be.

And to adress your bit about manipulation, the reason I brought it up was due to OddOdd's comment in the post game of weebs '22 where he said something to the effect of "the only reason you won was because people think you actually is that stupid"

Ratchet

Yes, yes.

If you read what I said, thinking fleur was German was an assumption that I had made subconsciously. So because I was under the assumption that was the case, I leaned into the gimmick.

It really isn't deeper than that, even if you want it to be.

And to adress your bit about manipulation, the reason I brought it up was due to OddOdd's comment in the post game of weebs '22 where he said something to the effect of "the only reason you won was because people think you actually is that stupid"
I mean, this doesn't really mean anything to me. I laid out my accusation and why I believed it so. You telling me that it actually means something that I find to be less compelling is w/e. As for the second part, I can't exactly ignore what it serves to do though (you can claim it's unintentional, but everyone who has ever employed guilt tripping would likely also claim it's unintentional, that's how manipulation works). To me, it was an escalation that had no basis in reality - there was no reason to take from my post an insult and my posts had nothing to do with OddOddFruit.

It's not a bang to rights case. Still want you dead though <3. I also think your claim that you don't think I can possibly believe it was pretty convenient, because given how I've outlined it, and the explanations you've given, there is no way you could reasonably expect me to deduce where your mind supposedly was to make those comments, and so I think you should be finding it quite easy to see my point of view. But refusing to concede ground to your interlocutor in terms of how genuine the claim is, is another hallmark of scum.

Ratchet

Lmao, you're not exactly making a very tangible case here. All you've done is creating a conclusion and trying to justify it.
It's Day 1, and you haven't exactly been ever present. What standard of case do you think should be the threshold for today? How would I go about proving my argument if I don't deconstruct the logic that you're arguing back with? If I found it to be satisfying, I'd say so!

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Ratchet looks to be grasping big time here. His presentation seemed very fake. Id be more inclined to believe he is scum with Mango versus scum with someone calling Flower, Fleur
Lmao, if Ratchet is scum trying to fake beef with me to try and make me look bad imma cry lol

Anyway, I'll be back later

Vote Lynch Ratchet
for the time being

Ratchet

Lmao, if Ratchet is scum trying to fake beef with me to try and make me look bad imma cry lol

Anyway, I'll be back later

Vote Lynch Ratchet
for the time being
Lol. Just to summarise here:

Mango calls Flower by the name she goes by on MU.
Flower calls this out.
Mango says he just called her that because he's pretending to be a German doctor.
Flower, again, points out that Fleur isn't German, but French.
I point out that it doesn't make sense for Mango to choose Fleur on the basis that he said it did, because the German word for Flower is nothing like Fleur. In other words he must have gotten it from somewhere else.
Mango, effectively, concedes that he did get it from somewhere else, but that it's outrageous to claim he slipped up. He then invokes several manipulation tactics, including guilt tripping and deflection.
I point out the above.
Mango says it wasn't guilt tripping, because at the time he was thinking of a random quote from a completely unrelated party that said Mango likes to pretend to be dumb.

So in short, Mango expects me to deduce exactly where his inner psyche goes, concedes at several points that the conclusions I made tracked logically, but actually meant something else, and yet through all this, can't possibly see how I could make said conclusions, and ends up on an OMGUS vote before leaving the thread.

Really makes me think.

Status
Not open for further replies.