[FNZ] Role Madness WG Memes Mafia - Boys Vs Girls Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I have no say over conduct besides to serve as an arbitrator if it were to get too heated. Otherwise that will have to come from the staff team.

I don't really agree on punitive measures anyway. It's far more effective if the community itself polices it out, by not condoning said behaviour and/or excusing it.
thats probs most efficient but hardest option
there r lots of things that need to be policied tbh

Emil

Certified Memelord
@Kekkoberg do you have a full list of the Boys' original roles?
Town Leader:- @TheAncientCenturion
Scum Leader:- @oddoddfruit

1. @Kurozumi Seven7
- Primary: Town Serial Killer (Town Vigilante)
- Secondary: 1% Of My Full Power (Town Voting)

2. @Midnight Delight
- Primary: Gamberu (Town Vigilante)
- Secondary: Father (Town Investigative)

3. @DoctorIndigo @MangoSenpai
- Primary: Giga Super RM 4Fun RPG Spammers (Town Troll)
- Secondary: Where Pizza? (Town Support)

4 @T-Pein™
- Primary: Town Core (Town Core)
- Secondary: Who We Lynching (Town Voting)

5. @Alwaysmind
- Primary: Secret Town Role - Mbxx (Town Secret)
- Secondary: My Blood Is Always Green (Town Vigilante)

6. @Charlie
- Primary: Art Requests (Town Role Shifter)
- Secondary: Indie Cell (Mafia Hyper Carry)

7. @TheAncientCenturion
- Primary: Town Kawaii Mascot (Town Voting)
- Secondary: Kvothe Slip (Mafia Damage Control)

8. @Yo Tan Wa @Zolo
- Primary: Al-Scuma (Mafia Godfather)
- Secondary: King in the North (Town Leader)

9. @Rottkins
- Primary: Praise The Hosts (Mafia Damage Control)
- Secondary: Frank (Mafia Hyper Carry)

10. @Worst
- Primary: Hold This L (Mafia Damage Control)
- Secondary: The Chaos Reaper (Mafia Chaos Lord)

11. @DoflaMihawk
- Primary: Finding Vic (Indie McMuffiner)
- Secondary: Little Sheep (Town Role Shifter)

12. @Dr_Professor83
- Primary: Lelouch D Yagami (Indie Mysterious)
- Secondary: Dr. Paranoid 83 (Town Protective)

13. @oddoddfruit
- Primary: Jin Woo (Indie "Pro-Town")
- Secondary: The Secret Mafia Role - Epic Male Stripper (Mafia Secret)

14. @Peroroncino - Extra player via Hold This L. Only has one role. Will die if Hold This L dies.
- Primary: White Queen (Indie Mysterious)
- Secondary: N/A

btw @Ratchet the eternal godfather works great with ena's domain

for @Natalija and @Joygirl with the eternal godfather ratchet can target a player and force their action to appear in WU, essentially revealing their role publicly

lets say if he targeted odd's primary, it will reveal that jin woo marked a player for revival and ratchet will be informed of odd's identity as jin woo and can let u know of this to kill him in ena's domain
Why didn't he do that when I was stuck in the domain :pepecopium:

Emil

Certified Memelord
girls' comp

Town Leader: - @Rej
Scum Leader: - @Naomi

1. @Natalija
- Primary: Tucker Carlson (Town Extra)
- Secondary: Art Requests (Town Shape Shifter)

2. @hime
- Primary: 500 IQ Town Leader (Town Leader)
- Secondary: Where Pizza? (Town Support)

3. @Rej
- Primary: Gamberu ~ (Town Vigilante)
- Secondary: The Hololive Split (Town Field Spell)

4. @Meeyori
- Primary: Father (Town Investigative)
- Secondary: Godmommie (Town Support)

5. @Michelle
- Primary: Town Core (Town Core)
- Secondary: Town Kawaii Mascot (Town Voting)

6. @Juliet
- Primary: Cute Kitty Avatar (Town Troll)
- Secondary: Praise The Hosts (Mafia Damage Control)

7. @Worm Juice
- Primary: The Ripped Core (Town Core)
- Secondary: Al-Scuma (Mafia Godfather)

8. @MonochromeYoru
- Primary: Ekko Tags (Town Troll)
- Secondary: Indie Cell (Mafia Hyper Carry)

9. @Ratchet
- Primary: The Eternal Godfather (Mafia Godfather)
- Secondary: The Supreme Alliance (Town Field Spell)

10.@joygirl
- Primary: Wueen (Mafia Vigilante)
- Secondary: Kumamon (Mafia Vigilante)

11. @Flower
- Primary: Finding Vic (Indie McMuffiner)
- Secondary: Dr. Bully Paranoid 83 (Town Troll)

12. @Naomi
- Primary: Secret Indie Role - Daycare Attendant (Indie Secret)
- Secondary: Decim (Town Support)

13. @Fujishiro @AverageNamiEnjoyer
- Primary: N'Zoth (Indie Mysterious)
- Secondary: Indie Lives Matter (Indie McMuffiner)

Emil

Certified Memelord

Day 7 Lynch - The Boys Last Hope

@oddoddfruit 's primary role (Jin Woo) was majority lynched!

His shadows @Alwaysmind 's primary role (The Secret Town - MBXX) and @Midnight Delight 's primary role (Gamberu~~) have died with him.

@T-Pein™ 's primary role (The Town Core) was unjanitored.

@Naomi 's primary role (The Secret Indie - Daycare Attendant) was plurality lynched!

======================================

Night 7 - The Finale

The Girls Town have eliminated all the Boys Mafia, Indie "Protown", and Indie Mysterious roles, achieving the following win condition:

The Girls (Team B) have won Round 1.

Score - [Boy: 0 - Girls: 1]

Thanks so much for playing everyone! I understand how busy some of you were, so I really appreciate you sticking around for this.

:moonwalk:

I do not think I will conduct Round 2 at this time. I believe the setup is okay, however it's complexity might have been too overwhelming for some players to keep track off. At this time I would like to take in as much feedback from the players as I give my full thoughts on how the game turned out. I will reply to your feedbacks with information from the setup if possible, and note them down for future implementations.

There were lots of players confused on what was going on. The lack of coordination between the players is one of the reasons for this, but also the overall complexity of the game. The game thread write-ups and the feedbacks that players received in their role PMs were intended to not provide too much information, because the entire gender have means to communicate information with each other. This was very underutilized, both in thread and via the roles that allow the genders to communicate. The girls did a better job at this than the boys, who had almost 0 private communication role.

Speaking of the boys, they were very close to winning, particularly in night 4. The boys mafia team needed to put more thoughts on their factional kill and who performs it. They have failed 2 kills on the same bulletproof player (Juliet) and were unable to cause distraction to save TAC in day 1 (which resulted in them being unable to factional kill in night 1). They have only realized they have Zolo in their team towards the end of the game unfortunately. There were also no attempts from the boys to cause distractions and redirect attention from Zolo to them. There was also no attempts to transform one of the boys role into a reviver like the Godmommie, despite them needing that role a lot, and were able to get it easily via their shape shifters. There was also no attempt to obtain the Tucker Carlson role to aid with communication. And to make it worst, most of the boys town roles were very underutilized, specially the vigs. Overall, I think the girls understood the game mechanics and the roles better, and were able to use that to their advantage. They earned this victory.

Now, in particular, the double role mechanic was the single most confusing mechanic for the players to play around, and frankly the double roles were only introduced due to the lower number of sign-ups. We squeezed in lots of busy players that were unable to invest time in playing such a complex and overwhelming game, and I do not blame them. Running this as a 10 vs 10 with no double roles might have been healthier.

This was an experimental game style, and I am looking to make it something consistent. I did notice over time that WG players overall prefer closed setups over open setups, and seeing the way this game was played out confirms this for me. Almost not a single role was claimed, even though the game is an open setup. I personally expected to see 500 fake claims and players baiting lynches on themselves from their important team roles lol. I have also expected more jesters and unjesters to be utilized for baits and sacrifices for the greater good.

I am actually overall happy with how this game ran. The team vs team requires different mentality than a normal mafia game. I believe once the players adjust to that mentality, the game quality and competitiveness will sky rocket. The players had a big amount of freedom to make as many plays as they wanted this game and that's something that I will continue allowing. This comes with a downside, and its that giving too much freedom overwhelms the players since there is no particular one way to play the game. The opportunities were limitless, and contribution is overall rewarded. It's a shame really that half the roles went unused in almost every cycle, even without the instant hammers.

I do not think this was the best time to run a game of this complexity that requires so much player investment, seeing as how the mafia section has been low activity the past month. While I personally believe that the setup will be played completely different if all the players understood the roles and mechanics, and were able to contribute actions wise, I really cannot blame anyone for being overwhelmed playing this for the first time. Thanks again for playing everyone. I do really appreciate it! I am sure both teams tried their best with the time and availability they got!

its here. sry on phone. open the spoiler

im just being lazy

GG girls, we could've picked godmommie role so nice and fair.

Hurtnheal was a double edged sword, got Dofla halfway to his wincon

Nice work protecting the role @Meeyori, I busted so many important roles but not the most important one
You boys were so close to winning 3 times and your team played good. Dofla's Finding Vic almost won, Zolo's AL Scuma role almost won, and you almost won on your Jin Woo role.

I guess I'd like to know why people are okay with this incessant pestering? It doesn't bother me on a personal level - he's like a gnat to me. We were past the point of any reconciliation the moment he called me a paedophile over a Mafia game. But for example, his claim that "everyone else but Ratchet tried" is obviously false - there are several players with less than 5 posts in this thread - I by no means have tried this game. I've put in no effort. But I am far from the only one.

But yet, none of you challenge this. It's targeted harassment, a deluge of bile, and none of you have any issue with it. Would you be okay with it if it were against someone you liked? Or someone you felt was more "vulnerable" or "sensitive"? I know in this case though, if I didn't say anything, the rest of you would ignore it and say nothing against it. In other words, you enable behaviour you know is wrong, because you don't care for the target of it.

If you wonder why I tend to treat people with indifference, look no further. Personally, I don't feel like I should have to be the one to challenge this behaviour in this context, because I'm the one on the receiving end of it, and any number of you are outspoken or "extroverted" enough to feel comfortable with these discussions. But none of you would say anything. I genuinely expect so little, and I'm still disappointed.

I have not always been a good example of calling out behaviour that is wrong. But since 2020/21, I like to think whenever I've seen something that clearly is more personal than motivated by the game, I've made a point to do so. If I fail on that, I'd like someone to hold me to that standard. If I'm feeling charitable, I'd say most of you are just conflict-averse and know it won't be an issue to me. Otherwise, if I'm not charitable, I'd say it's hypocritical.
You showed up to not try is the difference obligatory post.

And that's it, I will henceforth stop pestering you and everybody can breathe easier now

The lada, you all did me proud out there. Hold your heads high, that was top work gentlemen

Ekko you're a great host but give yourself less work to do when hosting. Mafia hosting duties can stack exponentially

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.