Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

These are same type of people that think Sanji>Zoro or Sanji=Zoro because of "wings" :gokulaugh: yall need help :believe:

skills definition: the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance. b : dexterity or coordination especially in the execution of learned physical tasks. 2 : a learned power of doing something competently

Shanks is a swordsman; by default, his skills are lesser than Mihawks. WHen you're a swordsman you use all the skills you have learned into your technique (the creativity when swing a sword) We learn post-time skip haki can be taught. Haki is a skill you learn... The Sh's learned skills that available to everyone in one piece world, and if you were born with supreme kings haki, you also have to train it to be competent in it; almost like its also a skill

Kaido also leaves out Big Mom. And Garp (who rivals the PK). And unless you believe Oden > Mihawk, that's list is not the top 5 strongest.
I don't believe Odan is > Mihawk, maybe its due to Kaidou's personal intimate experience against Oden. Still doesnt change that Oda wank Oden to hilarious amount, and Kaidou directly remembered Shanks alongside Xebec-Roger-WSM, so Kaidou remembering weaker people after mentioning few people capable of fighting him doesn't make sense imo.

I don't believe Odan is > Mihawk, maybe its due to Kaidou's personal intimate experience against Oden. Still doesnt change that Oda wank Oden to hilarious amount, and Kaidou directly remembered Shanks alongside Xebec-Roger-WSM, so Kaidou remembering weaker people after mentioning few people capable of fighting him doesn't make sense imo.
So it makes sense to you that Garp, Big Mom, Sengoku are weaker than Shanks and Oden?

"Buggy hunts marines as well" no i'm not addressing that, i'm addressing Croc's phonecall to Mihawk that called Mihawk a Marine Chaser since previous times, before Mihawk joined hands with Buggy.
And i won't argue that Buggy is stronger than Mihawk, but apparently actively chasing Marines can boost Buggy's bounty so much.
This is what Buggy's leader of.

Mihawk is more of a threat than a rival of Shanks who is a Yonko and also leader of a Syndicate that hunts marines for sport, has backing of many organizations, and is considered a massive threat.

Yes, Mihawk hunted marines in past, but Buggy is leader of an organization that does the same, has a lot of funding, and is a massive threat according to Marines directly.

Yet Mihawk is still considered more worthy, even though Buggy is, on top of all that, considered Shanks' rival.

"Yes Mihawk surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship, and thats irrelevant (according to you) to being WSS" you entirely made that up tho, if thats irrelevant then Brannew wont use such a specific condition in his sentence of Mihawk being WSS.

"Just because one is true, doesnt mean the others cant be" yea i know this but still Brannew highlight this as a asterisk instead of WSS being about who wins, which is your stance of Shanks vs Mihawk.

"We are arguing hypothetical things" Shanks' CoC being respected by Admirals while Mihawk doesnt have such haki-oriented hype is not hypothetical, Shanks' CoC reverting Greenbull's DF is not hypothetical either, it already happened. While "Black Blade being pinnacle of CoA?" Thats hypothetical.

Chinjao saying about Luffy wanting to be PK means surpassing all CoC user, and surpasing Roger (being praised regarding haki transcends all) mean surpassing Admirals and Emperors and leaving Mihawk out.

Kaidou recognized Shanks and leaving Mihawk out even when Shanks often dueled against Mihawk and Mihawk is famous WSS, is not hypothetical.

Mihawk fandom being unable to at least respect the difference in opinion, and keep forcing this stuff of Mihawk being significantly and clearly stronger than Shanks and keep making 10++ threads specifically to troll Shanks, is just setting Mihawk's fandom for disappointment when Oda finally display both Shanks' and Mihawk's ability.
Mihawk surpassing Shanks in swordsmanship doesn't mean he can't surpass Shanks in anything else. Brannew never used swordsmanship as a condition for WSS, lol, he just said it, and then announced his title while saying how much he's worth.

WSS is a title about who wins. Zoro will defeat Mihawk with CoO, CoA and CoC. Not swordsmanship alone, whatever you think that means.

And sure, Shanks has gotten a lot more narrative spotlight. What does that do to change above three points? Specially Mihawk couldn't give less of a fuck about Pirate King.

Mihawk fandom being unable to at least respect the difference in opinion, and keep forcing this stuff of Mihawk being significantly and clearly stronger than Shanks and keep making 10++ threads specifically to troll Shanks, is just setting Mihawk's fandom for disappointment when Oda finally display both Shanks' and Mihawk's ability.
And you're the one pretending Shanks is clearly and significantly stronger than Mihawk, not even on same level, but downright a notch above, because he has gotten more spotlight and we know more about his abilities.

All while you ignore direct comparisons.

WSS > SM. Factual. You can call character a fraud but not title. If you disagree, then you're saying Shanks is true WSS and Zoro's real end goal.

Mihawk being considered a bigger threat than one they think rivals Shanks and leads a marine slaughtering organization, and is a Yonko.

Let's be real, if Oda is to draw them fight, he'd make it same as Roger/WB lmao. If you pretend he'd ignore the dynamic he's set up and make Shanks win, proving the title moot, then you're wrong.

Last edited:
S

stealthblack

Mihawk is a mere commander and yet has 3,5B while shanks is a yonkou with his crew and only got 4B. Its obvious whos stronger lmao
Shanks scared with his coc blasts 3 admirals.

Mihawk was not even able to scare pre ts luffy, jozu, vista, pre ts crocodile with his coc

This is what Buggy's leader of.

Mihawk is more of a threat than a rival of Shanks who is a Yonko and also leader of a Syndicate that hunts marines for sport, has backing of many organizations, and is considered a massive threat.

Yes, Mihawk hunted marines in past, but Buggy is leader of an organization that does the same, has a lot of funding, and is a massive threat according to Marines directly.

Yet Mihawk is still considered more worthy, even though Buggy is, on top of all that, considered Shanks' rival.

Mihawk surpassing Shanks in swordsmanship doesn't mean he can't surpass Shanks in anything else. Brannew never used swordsmanship as a condition for WSS, lol, he just said it, and then announced his title while saying how much he's worth.

WSS is a title about who wins. Zoro will defeat Mihawk with CoO, CoA and CoC. Not swordsmanship alone, whatever you think that means.

And sure, Shanks has gotten a lot more narrative spotlight. What does that do to change above three points? Specially Mihawk couldn't give less of a fuck about Pirate King.

And you're the one pretending Shanks is clearly and significantly stronger than Mihawk, not even on same level, but downright a notch above, because he has gotten more spotlight and we know more about his abilities.

All while you ignore direct comparisons.

WSS > SM. Factual. You can call character a fraud but not title. If you disagree, then you're saying Shanks is true WSS and Zoro's real end goal.

Mihawk being considered a bigger threat than one they think rivals Shanks and leads a marine slaughtering organization, and is a Yonko.

Let's be real, if Oda is to draw them fight, he'd make it same as Roger/WB lmao. If you pretend he'd ignore the dynamic he's set up and make Shanks win, proving the title moot, then you're wrong.
Buggy organizing a Marine hunt just recently raise up his bounty to 3 billion while all Shanks did is get drunk? No wonder a WSS who chased Marines all these years gained more reputation. That will naturally happen.

WSS > SM? Now where did that come from? A weaker SM is not always weaker than WSS if the weaker swordsman has superior weapon that can be freely attached to his sword. Now thats factual. Saying WSS > SM as factual is the sake as saying a WSS holding a gun will win against a weaker swordsman holding a bigger gun.

Mihawk a fraud, also where did that come from? You can track my post from years and try to find me saying Mihawk as a fraud. Just because i consider Shanks as stronger than Mihawk, doesn't make Mihawk a fraud. WSS is a crazy strong title, just like how a boxing world champion is strong or a world champion kickboxing champion is strong in real life. If some mafia is able to beat him due to some grappling technique, that doesnt make the champion a fraud. Its just a different skill set or power set.

And you saying Mihawk and Shanks is the new WB-Roger, do you think i consider Shanks will beat Mihawk low diff or mid diff or something like a trolling attempt? me saying Shanks' haki is stronger than that of Mihawk is not the same as me saying Shanks > Mihawk. Even when i think both as true, each has a separate argument.

Last edited:
Buggy organizing a Marine hunt just recently raise up his bounty to 3 billion while all Shanks did is get drunk? No wonder a WSS who chased Marines all these years gained more reputation.
So, where's the counter argument?

Mihawk is downright considered a bigger threat than the guy who is considered as Shanks' rival and leader of an organization that hunts marines and is a big threat.

How do you justify that without deflecting?

WSS > SM? Now where did that come from? A weaker SM is not always weaker than WSS if the weaker swordsman has superior weapon that can be freely attached to his sword. Now thats factual. Saying WSS > SM as factual is the sake as saying a WSS holding a gun will win against a weaker swordsman holding a bigger gun.
Except the gun you refer to is part of being WSS in One Piece and will be used by Zoro when he wins the title. Who has bigger gun is counted when they fight for WSS.

So, where's the counter argument?

Mihawk is downright considered a bigger threat than the guy who is considered as Shanks' rival and leader of an organization that hunts marines and is a big threat.

How do you justify that without deflecting?

Except the gun you refer to is part of being WSS in One Piece and will be used by Zoro when he wins the title. Who has bigger gun is counted when they fight for WSS.
Read my edit first. And no, saying that a weaker swordsman is the WSS when he has beaten the previous WSS using a bigger gun, is the furthest thing from your argument being factual as it goes.

Read my edit first. And no, saying that a weaker swordsman is the WSS when he has beaten the previous WSS using a bigger gun, is the furthest thing from your argument being factual as it goes.
I did read it. No counter argument to my first point.

And gun is haki, right? WSS is about having big gun as much as it's about other stuff. Zoro will beat Mihawk with big gun. That's how he'll get WSS. That's what the title is. Who wins, no matter how much skills or how much big gun they have as long as they're SM.

There's a reason Zoro is only increasing the size of his "gun" and doing nothing else since timeskip.

Let me ask you think, if both Shanks and Mihawk put every ounce of strength and every ounce of haki they have, every single bit while maximizing CoC as much as they can and pour it all with their swings, who comes out on top?

I did read it. No counter argument to my first point.

And gun is haki, right? WSS is about having big gun as much as it's about other stuff. Zoro will beat Mihawk with big gun. That's how he'll get WSS. That's what the title is. Who wins, no matter how much skills or how much big gun they have as long as they're SM.
What is your first point again?

You are the one saying WSS is having a big gun as well, okay so you can correct Kaidou when praising Roger's haki because he shouldve said swordsmanship transcends all. Greenbull had a mistranslation as well, shouldve said this is Red Hair's flying sword slash. WB and Jozu shouldve said to Shanks that his swordsman aura is as strong as ever, haki is a part of being a swordman after all for you.

What is your first point again?
Mihawk is considered a bigger threat than one who is considered rival of Shanks and is leader of a marine hunting organization to make up for Mihawk's past.

You are the one saying WSS is having a big gun as well, okay so you can correct Kaidou when praising Roger's haki because he shouldve said swordsmanship transcends all. Greenbull had a mistranslation as well, shouldve said this is Red Hair's flying sword slash. WB and Jozu shouldve said to Shanks that his swordsman aura is as strong as ever, haki is a part of being a swordman after all for you.
Idk what you're trying to imply. The big gun is most important thing and part of everything.

Be it a kick boxer, brawler, swordsman.

Big gun matters more for swordsmanship than anything else matters more for swordsmanship, too.

But at the end, big gun user is no particular fighting style or category because in NW, it's a fundamental part of almost every notable fighter of every category. But of course it IS the strongest power anyone can have.

WSS is still > every SM. You keep ignoring this fact. You keep ignoring that Zoro will win using all three forms of haki. All three "big guns". WSS is a title of which SM WINS.

Mihawk is considered a bigger threat than one who is considered rival of Shanks and is leader of a marine hunting organization to make up for Mihawk's past.

Idk what you're trying to imply. The big gun is most important thing and part of everything.

Be it a kick boxer, brawler, swordsman.

Big gun matters more for swordsmanship than anything else matters more for swordsmanship, too.

But at the end, big gun user is no particular fighting style or category because in NW, it's a fundamental part of almost every notable fighter of every category. But of course it IS the strongest power anyone can have.

WSS is still > every SM. You keep ignoring this fact. You keep ignoring that Zoro will win using all three forms of haki. All three "big guns". WSS is a title of which SM WINS.
Shanks' equal since Buggy's a Yonkou? So Mihawk's powerlevel is 3/4th Shanks since his bounty is 3/4th? Comparing Mihawk or Shanks to Buggy using Emperor term as its basis is silly from the start.

If haki is fundamental part of everything so what? It can still be used to dish out damage regardless of what weapon you have. Kaidou is not the strongest kanaboman or club man since he can use his strongest haki attack without being a kanaboman, but his CoC attack is the most powerful part of that attack.

You say WSS > every SM being a fact is funny since that is never a fact in the real world or manga portrayal. Chinjao mentioned PK as surpassing Emperors or Admirals, no one mentioned Mihawk. Kaidou recognized Shanks'powerlevel, not Mihawk. Akainu said to Jimbei, as a Shichibukai he shouldve known Akainu's power. Akainu dunk over Jimbei and Shichibukai while he respected Shanks' power. Kaidou praise Roger's haki not being a swordsman. You keep ignoring this fact.

No one say WSS wins against Shanks, even Brannew said about skill while he shouldve just said Mihawk > Shanks if he went by your logic. From those stuff, Mihawk > Shanks is not a fact and you will get tired from trying to convince me, especially when you compare haki.

Shanks' equal since Buggy's a Yonkou? So Mihawk's powerlevel is 3/4th Shanks since his bounty is 3/4th? Comparing Mihawk or Shanks to Buggy using Emperor term as its basis is silly from the start.

Buggy and Mihawk belong to same crew and have similar marine hunting inflation so I'm comparing them via bounty. Buggy is a rival to Shanks yet less of a threat than Mihawk. You keep dodging around that notion. Justify it please without deflecting.

Someone they think is close or equal to Shanks in power and leads marine hunting party is less of a threat than Mihawk.

How is that possible if Mihawk is weaker than Shanks
If haki is fundamental part of everything so what? It can still be used to dish out damage regardless of what weapon you have. Kaidou is not the strongest kanaboman or club man since he can use his strongest haki attack without being a kanaboman, but his CoC attack is the most powerful part of that attack.

You say WSS > every SM being a fact is funny since that is never a fact in the real world or manga portrayal. Chinjao mentioned PK as surpassing Emperors or Admirals, no one mentioned Mihawk. Kaidou recognized Shanks'powerlevel, not Mihawk. Akainu said to Jimbei, as a Shichibukai he shouldve known Akainu's power. Akainu dunk over Jimbei and Shichibukai while he respected Shanks' power. Kaidou praise Roger's haki not being a swordsman. You keep ignoring this fact.

No one say WSS wins against Shanks, even Brannew said about skill while he shouldve just said Mihawk > Shanks if he went by your logic. From those stuff, Mihawk > Shanks is not a fact and you will get tired from trying to convince me, especially when you compare haki.
You're giving me a lot of Shanks' personal hype yet idk how that refutes a simple fact that WSS is a SM who wins using everything they have, including haki.

10 posts and you've done nothing to refute that the title is literally just about being able to win .-.

I'm not arguing who gets jerked off more. I'm just telling you how Oda presents a title factually. None of the stuff you bring up directly compare Mihawk to Shanks. I get that Oda wanks Shanks much more just like Roger with WB, but none of it directly goes out of its way to say or imply Mihawk is inferior.

But same is not the case other way around. Strongest swordsman directly says other swordsmen are inferior because haki is a fair game in title. Being labelled more of a threat than someone considered rival of Shanks directly puts Mihawk as superior.

You can't refute a single one of those two things.

Last edited:
Buggy and Mihawk belong to same crew and have similar marine hunting inflation so I'm comparing them via bounty. Buggy is a rival to Shanks yet less of a threat than Mihawk. You keep dodging around that notion. Justify it please without deflecting.

Someone they think is close or equal to Shanks in power and leads marine hunting party is less of a threat than Mihawk.

How is that possible if Mihawk is weaker than Shanks

You're giving me a lot of Shanks' personal hype yet idk how that refutes a simple fact that WSS is a SM who wins using everything they have, including haki.

10 posts and you've done nothing to refute that the title is literally just about being able to win.
Someone literally known as Marine Chaser has the same inflation as someone who just recently organized marine hunting organization? Nah if you put it that way, Mihawk's inflation is bigger. You said yourself that Buggy is Shanks' rival, while i said going by that idea is silly since we already know Buggy's entire reputation is a gag.

Even if you say Buggy is Shanks' rival is already countered by Law saying if Buggy can tame both Mihawk and Croc, he's a proper Yonkou, the same as admitting Shanks > Mihawk by default by Law's statement.

You dont know how all stuff i read in the manga refute WSS is the one who wins? Yea no wonder because since the start, WSS is not the one who wins. You are the one making that up. Since the beginning, its about swordsmanship or skill.why can i say that? Because its you have no reasoning at all about WSS being the one who wins. Because both Kaidou and Roger separate haki from being a swordsman. Because WSC Kaidou recognize Shanks more than Mihawk even when Mihawk is WSS. Because haki can be used independently to attack. Because Brannew didnt say. Because in real life its not logical for WSS being a guarantee to win. So many reasons for why WSS is not the one who wins, but since you ignore it then i magically become the one who did nothing to refute "that echo chamber fact" which has zero supporting statement.