Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

Titles are portrayal. And you are factually wrong, since Kaido met Shanks in-person and then tells Luffy that "There is no one in this world who can beat me!".
I think they never had a proper fight to the death, Shanks Just stopped him going to MF, also Red Hair seems to have not made a move until now, only now he's moving towards the One Piece.
For me, Shanks hasn't got serious until now, he never acted as someone Who changed the events, he prevents It, he acted as someone Who wanted balance.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
1. Being the strongest creature doesn't mean you are invincible. Luffy defeated Kaido, does it mean Luffy has become the strongest creature? I'm sure you can apply this reasoning to Shanks being stronger than Mihawk. You can surpass someone without surpassing their epithet. Shanks can be above Mihawk without being a stronger swordsman, like Luffy is above Kaido without being stronger.

2. Zoro's lifetime dream is to get Mihawk's epithet, not to simply defeat him. Otherwise, he would have eaten a devil fruit or just eaten Mihawk himself. We don't know what it requires to be the world's strongest swordsman.

You are acting as if I cared that Mihawk could be above Shanks. In fact, they are relatively similar like Zoro and Sanji, or like King and Queen. However, Shanks is superior than Mihawk in my opinion and that epithet of. yours is irrelevant in that comparison.
That epithet isn't an epithet
It's a title

And on top of that it's one of the mcs dream

It's to be the strongest of all swordsmen
Learn how to read

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Being the strongest creature doesn't mean you are invincible. Luffy defeated Kaido, does it mean Luffy has become the strongest creature? I'm sure you can apply this reasoning to Shanks being stronger than Mihawk. You can surpass someone without surpassing their epithet. Shanks can be above Mihawk without being a stronger swordsman, like Luffy is above Kaido without being stronger.
Being the Strongest Creature which was reinforced repeatedly in multiple different sources does mean that you are #1.
How much did it take for Luffy to defeat Kaido? Defeating Kaido =/= Luffy is stronger than Kaido.
Shanks is a Swordsman & Mihawk is the Strongest Swordsman, those are facts.

2. Zoro's lifetime dream is to get Mihawk's epithet, not to defeat him. Otherwise, he would have eaten a devil fruit. We don't know what it requires to be the world's strongest swordsman.
Read what Zoro thinks about after dismantling King in chapter 1035.

When Zoro challenged Mihawk for the title in Baratie, he challenged him into a 1v1 duel. That is basically how taking the title from Mihawk works.
At this point, you guys are finding loopholes after loopholes to justify Shanks somehow being stronger, not because the manga indicates that.

You are acting as if I cared that Mihawk could be above Shanks. In fact, they are relatively similar like Zoro and Sanji, or like King and Queen. However, Shanks is superior than Mihawk in my opinion and that epithet of. yours is irrelevant in that comparison.
Basically saying that no matter what arguments would be put forward or how much the manga shows Mihawk over Shanks, I wouldn't change my opinion... cool, dude.
Post automatically merged:

I think they never had a proper fight to the death, Shanks Just stopped him going to MF, also Red Hair seems to have not made a move until now, only now he's moving towards the One Piece.
For me, Shanks hasn't got serious until now, he never acted as someone Who changed the events, he prevents It, he acted as someone Who wanted balance.
"I think"
"For me"

Being the Strongest Creature which was reinforced repeatedly in multiple different sources does mean that you are #1.
How much did it take for Luffy to defeat Kaido? Defeating Kaido =/= Luffy is stronger than Kaido.
Shanks is a Swordsman & Mihawk is the Strongest Swordsman, those are facts.

Read what Zoro said after dismantling King in chapter 1035.

When Zoro challenged Mihawk for the title in Baratie, he challenged him into a 1v1 duel. That is basically how taking the title from Mihawk works.
At this point, you guys are finding loopholes after loopholes to justify Shanks somehow stronger, not because the manga indicates that.

Basically saying that no matter what arguments would be put forward or how much the manga shows Mihawk over Shanks, I wouldn't change my opinion... cool, dude.
Nobody's gonna change their mind anyway, just wait for the manga to confirm this and we'll see who's right.

People need to understand skill in op isn't just swinging a sword. Other power contribute to a swordsman skill like ice powers, haki, fire powers, tools, physical stats, etc. WSS is the strongest overall swordsman. It's not just swinging a sword as what's that going to do to someone like pica that can crush you with a mountain? Or daz bones who's body is steel? Or Fuji that and rain meteors at will?

Think about it here's 2 examples
- why would mihawk teach Zoro haki when zoro asked to be a better swordsman? He's consider a much stronger swordsman despite not learning any new sword techniques from mihawk.

- Zoro was considered stronger swordsman than kaku because he could grow 2 extra heads and sets of arms. Grow limbs has nothing to do with swordsmanship yet drastically boosts Zoro as a swordsman

Swordsmanship skills is not just the ability to swing a sword like in our world as we don't have super powers but the abilities you have with a sword like in every fantasy story with super powers.

Folks here widely regard Kaido as the Strongest, even when Shanks has infinitely more CoC hype than Kaido. When asked, it's due to the title & the portrayal that comes with it.

But for Mihawk alone, they backtrack and act as if Shanks' Conquerors makes a difference... the double standards man smh. Either double down and claim that Shanks is the Strongest, even above Kaido, because of his Conquerors or don't use CoC as an argument against Mihawk alone.
Shanks > Kaido too
Post automatically merged:

Shanks ain't doing no damage without his sword to anyone credible
GB isn’t credible?

Shanks is like Palpatine. Just like how Palpatine had top tier skill with a lightsaber, his greatest asset and the thing he used mainly to fight with was the Force. Shanks has top tier skill with a sword, but Haki is his greatest asset
But this is in itself is the problem.

The fundamentals of good swordsmanship is haki.. otherwise swords would be breaking left and right.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Sure TAC.

It's also been confirmed since the beginning that Luffy has to surpass Shanks and Zoro has to surpass Mihawk.

So the person that Luffy has to surpass is weaker than the person that Zoro has to surpass.

Zoro for captain?
But Shanks isn’t Luffy’s end goal lol, Shanks ain’t the pirate king. Luffy’s journey ends when he’s the pirate king aka the freest man in the world, he won’t stop growing until then.

When Zoro fulfills his ambition he will stop growing.

Simple debunk to all of this copium.
In th One Piece Universe, do you think there was a committee, recognized by everyone in the world like our guiness world records committee, that observed Mihawk, ranked his skill and stuff and compared it to Shanks?
No, the reality is, for whatever reason everyone inside the One Piece verse simply thinks Mihawk is above Shanks.
Something happened to make that a fact, because there is no WSS committee to rate swordsmanship globally lol.
The most likely answer is that Mihawk beat Shanks in their duels while Shanks still had his primary arm, he was left handed in case yall copers weren't aware lol. He always used his left in the flashbacks we see him use his sword in.

So yeah, in the One Piece verse, some event happened that made it CLEAR to the world that Mihawk stands at the top, so stop coping.

And let's not forget, haki is a skill you dunces. Haki is a skill which applies to EVERY COMBAT STYLE at the higher tiers. Haki is not raw power, it is skillfull and technical as well. And what was the first thing Mihawk taught Zoro? Haki. And what did Mihawk say to Zoro?
"Every blade can become the black blade like mine."
So Mihawk shows Zoro haki, tells him with good enough haki any blade can become a permanent black blade.
And who does NOT have a black blade? Shanks. So stop coping, the evidence says Mihawks haki is BETTER since Mihawk has a black blade, which he said is related to haki looool.

EDIT: One more fact from the real world, In HEMA(historical european martial arts, mainly dudes that learn real swordfighting and fight in tournaments and stuff kinda like fencing but more broad) there have been mixed gender tournaments that have been won by women that are way slower and weaker due to a smaller and less muscular frame then their comperitors, and yet their skill made up for it.
Why you ask? Because a sword is a lethality multiplier. You just need to get a touch in with proper technique and aim at the right spots to fuck someone up, assuming they aren't wearing any armor above leather. Meaning that the mens speed advantage wasn't enough with the weight of a blade to compensate for the skill of those particular women.
Of course the stronger men win most often in those tournaments, but the women also did in the past.
My point is just, realistically Mihawk IS stronger AND has at least better armament and observation than Shanks, I can give coc to Shanks since his character moments are all built around it, but even if yall copers are right and Mihawk ONLY has better technical skill in swordsmanship, then given the nature of swordfights, that would still give him the edge over Shanks in a real fight.

Last edited:
But Shanks isn’t Luffy’s end goal lol, Shanks ain’t the pirate king. Luffy’s journey ends when he’s the pirate king aka the freest man in the world, he won’t stop growing until then.

When Zoro fulfills his ambition he will stop growing.
I may be stubborn and I may be wrong but I just can't believe (at least right now) that Mihawk is superior than Shanks.

I understand all of your arguments but it's not enough to convince me.

To me, the title doesn't imply what you guys are saying.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I may be stubborn and I may be wrong but I just can't believe (at least right now) that Mihawk is superior than Shanks.

I understand all of your arguments but it's not enough to convince me.

To me, the title doesn't imply what you guys are saying.
To you world's strongest swordsman doesn't mean world's strongest swordsman