Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

Not the same at all mihawk title revolves around a weapon and not biology, Best swordsmanship makes you the strongest swordsmen
Are we really at the point where people confuse skill and strength? Have you ever tried or seen martial arts?

Traditional martial arts tend to focus heavily on techniques/skills, pair them up with a MMA player who incorporates strength training massively, and see the difference.

As a matter of fact, kids who train martial arts 24/7 can be as skillful as an adult martial artists, but pair them up with an regular adult, and they would most likely get beaten up

Mihawk is canonically said to be more skilled than Shanks and is also said to be the "strongest", enough said

世界最強の剣士 = Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi = World's strongest swordsman

世界最強の男 = Sekai Saikyō no Otoko = World's strongest man

Here we have Mihawks and Whitebeards title. It should be clearly visible that both titles are very similar to each other, in fact the only thing they differ in is the last part. 剣士 means swordsman while 男 means man.

Both titles are build up in the same pattern: The first part is what they are, in this case the World's strongest, that is the same in both titles. The second part is the more important part as it states what group the first part refers to: In case of Whitebeards title it refers to the group of man, while it in Mihawks title refers to the group of swordsman.

Mihawks title is world's STRONGEST

No where does it say most skillful swordsman
剣- swordsmenship

Swordsmen get their strength through swordsmanship my man

CAN BECOME

Not IS PIRATE KING

When zoro beats mihawk

He IS WSS

When zoro surpasses Shanks it means he's ready to fight mihawk
Can Become = Zoro as WSS.

Is the same dude.

Can Become is when WE KNOWS that Luffy can be a PK in Strenght wise.

I remember correctly whem Mihawk said that Turning Pk is more difficult than beat him.
Post automatically merged:

We are the community lol, so whatever you say won’t be any more legitimate when it comes to future events.
Where him is going? Protect or get OP?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Correct but not in combat fight, not in hand to hand fight.

Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman, his swordsmanship abilities are recognized worldwide and this title is legit.

This title might imply that he is above Shanks, I'm not denying this possibility.

HOWEVER, the same way being the strongest chess player doesn't make you the strongest in combat against all chess players, being the strongest swordsman doesn't make you the strongest in combat against all swordsmen either.

Zoro vs Law is the perfect example. Law beats Zoro in combat even if Zoro is a better swordsman than Law because of his devil fruit abilities.
This example doesn’t make sense for this discussion.

Swordsmanship is an extremely powerful form of combat and chess is a mental sport. Being the best at chess doesn’t guarantee you’ll be the physically strongest chess player whereas swordsmanship speaks directly to combat skills.

likewise haki is an important part of swordsmanship as that was Mihawk’s focal point on Zoro’s training so I don’t think any surprise haki moves would delegitimize Shanks as a swordsman.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Is the same dude.

I remember correctly whem Mihawk said that Turning Pk is more difficult than beat him.
Shanks has nothing to do with becoming PK.
Come back when Shanks BECOMES King of the Pirates.
Not because you THINK Shanks might become King of the Pirates.

A person's patience can only last so long... either way I'm done lmfao.

The fact that a good chunk of the community thought Mihawk wasn't even a TopTier before this chapter, to now where we see Cope Threads like this pop up every couple of hours because some Shanks nuthugger is hurt in his feelings is enough progress.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Is the same dude.

Post automatically merged:

Where him is going? Protect or get OP?
No can become genius

Beating mihawk = becoming wss

Beating Shanks as luffy =/= being pirate king

Mihawk is the goal

Shanks is a stepping stone

Are we really at the point where people confuse skill and strength? Have you ever tried or seen martial arts?

Traditional martial arts tend to focus heavily on techniques/skills, pair them up with a MMA player who incorporates strength training massively, and see the difference.

As a matter of fact, kids who train martial arts 24/7 can be as skillful as an adult martial artists, but pair them up with an regular adult, and they would most likely get beaten up

Mihawk is canonically said to be more skilled than Shanks and is also said to be the "strongest", enough said
One Piece swordsmanship not irl skill, learn the difference before you make another essay. :kobeha:

This example doesn’t make sense for this discussion.

Swordsmanship is an extremely powerful form of combat and chess is a mental sport. Being the best at chess doesn’t guarantee you’ll be the physically strongest chess player whereas swordsmanship speaks directly to combat skills.

likewise haki is an important part of swordsmanship as that was Mihawk’s focal point on Zoro’s training so I don’t think any surprise haki moves would delegitimize Shanks as a swordsman.
Obviously makes sense.

Zoro is better Swrdsman than Law, but is weaker than him.

Shanks has nothing to do with becoming PK.
Come back when Shanks BECOMES King of the Pirates.
Not because you THINK Shanks might become King of the Pirates.

A person's patience can only last so long... either way I'm done lmfao.

The fact that a good chunk of the community thought Mihawk wasn't even a TopTier before this chapter, to now where we see Cope Threads like this pop up every couple of hours because some Shanks nuthugger is hurt in his feelings is enough progress.
Don't get me wrong though, Mihawk and Shanks are very similar and this discussion is less relevant than we make out of it.