Theory What are the real criteria for CoC Haki useage?

I've come to the conclusion that Conqueror's Haki works through one having true faith in themselves, and truly believing themselves to be better than others. This means that people can express Conqueror's Haki through certain circumstance, or can come to develop the ability to use it as they gain more confidence.
Every character shown using Conqueror's Haki are those with few or no insecurities, and a high level of confidence, even if not displayed directly. The only case of this that may be contested is Katakuri, who was insecure of his mouth. But it was also stated that he began to doubt his own legend throughout his fight with Luffy, implying that he may have to some extent previously believed himself to be a truly perfect being. Every other user has extreme confidence in their abilities, which may be the reason that they are able to use it in the first place.
It could also be that the simple idea of attaining a goal allows someone to use the Haki, and it just depends on how deeply someone want's to achieve their dream that dictates how strongly they can utilize the ability. For example, White beard had the lifelong goal of building a family, and this single minded goal allowed him to use Conqurerors.
Along with this, it would explain the many times that Zoro is assumed to be the leader of the straw hat pirates, but it is notable that most of his Conqueror-like feats and misjudgments occur only while he is wielding his swords, meaning he may later have the limitation that he can only use his newly-developed Conqueror Haki while wielding three swords, else wise he doesn't have the mental strength to use such an ability.
This is just a rough outline of my thoughts, lemme know what you think!

This is a really interesting thing to ask about!

I don't think they have true faith in themselves, and truly believing themselves to be better than others - rather conviction that what they're doing or standing for is righteous and the true way. Absolutely righteous, without a shed of doubt. And then enough will to IMPOSE it on others. Hahaha when I say it like this it kinda sounds like bullying :')

Also, maybe we can assume that such will is hereditary.

It was already stated many times that a person is boen with conquerors haki, so it has to be bloodline. Whether a person who has inherited can use it, is a different matter, which most likely requires confidence in himself etc.

So most probably, all of the people who have conquerors haki, have the "same bloodline".

My bet is, that was the power of the d's, who ruled the ancient kingdom, hence conquerors haki but with time, the bloodline mixed with many different people all along the world. So everyone with conquerors haki is somewhat related 🤷‍♂️

Ps. Marriage between a D and a tenryuubito and of their descendants is much likely throughout history and luffy himself is such an example (imo)

My bet is, that was the power of the d's, who ruled the ancient kingdom, hence conquerors haki but with time, the bloodline mixed with many different people all along the world. So everyone with conquerors haki is somewhat related 🤷‍♂️
The Ds ruling is my lowkey theory too. But there are also people without a D having Conqueror’s haki, so I’m not sure. I guess it depends if the D is only passed on by the male line. If yes, then it’s indeed possible that even those without a D might have it as a result of female D ancestry. A will of being above others.

This is a really interesting thing to ask about!

I don't think they have true faith in themselves, and truly believing themselves to be better than others - rather conviction that what they're doing or standing for is righteous and the true way. Absolutely righteous, without a shed of doubt. And then enough will to IMPOSE it on others. Hahaha when I say it like this it kinda sounds like bullying :')

Also, maybe we can assume that such will is hereditary.
I didn't mean to imply that they think of themselves as above others, but rather that they think differently from other characters. The characters who have demonstrated CoC tend to have a general disregard for other people if it conflicts with their goals, and are some of the most powerful characters in the series. They may be aware that they are stronger than the other characters, but I suspect that the reason they are so strong is due to their faith within themselves in their strength and the true belief in themselves. I personally have no opinion as to whether the theory of the D clan having those powers is true, but I don't want it to be true. I don't know of the validity of those claims, and can't predict the story accurately like that, but my hopes is that it will be explained that people with conviction and drive will be the true kings, or something like that. IDK abt the will of D but the point of the post was to say that it's the persons will that generates the ability to exert it in the first place, and those with strong wills tend to be associated with kingly aspirations. It is simply a missasociation that people have as to why they are titled kings.

My utlimate point was that people got the title of kings through their wills, not the other way around. They were recognized as kings by fate for believing in themselves and having faith that they could overcome any obstacle given that they would encounter it.

And concerning the fact that you're given CoC at brith, it's only been stated that "you have to be born with it"... meaning it could be something more along the lines of a spiritual birth, where those with great willpower also gain the ability through their determination, rather than through bloodline. Why else would garp not have demonstrated his CoC yet? If he truly inhereted CoC then it is likely that it would have been useful throughout his appearances in the story. But it may be explained that he simply resigned himself to serving the navy, and his weakened will prevented him from awakening his CoC.

knuckleheadninja

Homeroom Teacher
I think it is all about Will power. If you have pure will and determination to achieve something you might exert your willpower over others.
Sheer willpower is the criteria I guess.

Will power, ambition, ancestry, ability or potential to rule/conquer etc. Not every single one of them need to be present, but you need to display several of them at the same time.

nah zoro has willpower, charisma, and multiple occasions people mistook him for captain your argument clearly invalid dude try harder.
Being mistaken for Captain does not mean anything. A crew run by Zoro would fall apart like Rocks.

Willpower, Fighting Skill and Leadership is what separates people like Zoro from poeple like Luffy, Whitebeard, Shanks and Roger.

1)He does not have willpower as shown when he was afraid of Luffy angering Big Mom by going to fetch Sanji.

2)He also proved how bad of a leader he would be in Zou, when he tried to tell Luffy to let Sanji go on top being rude to Nami as well.

Zoro lacks charisma, willpower, instincts and leadership to be a good leader. He does meet the strength requirement though.