What Are You Eating Thread

Just drink my chocovanilla whey milk after workout.

@VersusPhD do you drink protein? If you do whats the recommended product? I have doubts whether and which protein product i should drink before or after weight training (my target is building strength and muscle)

I searched the net and got the recommendation like Pro Jym ultra premium, Legion whey, etc but do i really need it? How long should it show visible result?

Just drink my chocovanilla whey milk after workout.

@VersusPhD do you drink protein? If you do whats the recommended product? I have doubts whether and which protein product i should drink before or after weight training (my target is building strength and muscle)
I hardly take pre and post workout stuff but it's mainly because I feel like the price gouge isn't worth it esp since moving to a different country.
Also, I eat enough calories as it is so I don't really need the extra protein. Though the added benefit in the protein drink is good since it contains stuff like BCAAs, etc...

That being said, I prefer Optimum Nutrition as my post workout drink. You can actually drink this whenever you want -> before, during, and/or after. Though usually you would want to intake some within an hour or 1.5 hour window after workout. That is when your body is starving and craving for some nutrients.

I rarely recommend preworkout drinks because it's generally not good for you to take it long term. Short term? You will be okay. If you want to have that quick energy high and overcome your lifts and PRs then some preworkout jitters should be fine.

Note: For those who are unaware... pre and post-workout products are different. They are not the same thing.

Post-workout:

^^ My go to.

^ this one also comes in vanilla flavor.

Pre-workout:
Look up the Animal preworkout products.

---EDIT---

How long should it show visible results
Wish there was an easy answer.
But the answer really is it depends on what you eat, how consistent you are with your training and diet, sleep, and mind.

If I can summarize with just one word then it would be consistency. That is the key!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
B

Ballel

On a side note, I really like how Oda doesn't make his samurai characters committ seppuku a lot.
The only one that actually did it was Orochi's grandfather, a flashback character that is not even shown.
Then we have Kumadori who plays it for laughs as he never actually dies or intends to dies from it. He's just doing it for the show.
And then we have Zoro in the beginning of Wano whose seppuku does not even have a 'honorable' premise as he is framed by a corrupt official. Then Zoro goes on to defy this fate of a ' honorable' death and kills the actual criminal.

I hardly take pre and post workout stuff but it's mainly because I feel like the price gouge isn't worth it esp since moving to a different country.
Also, I eat enough calories as it is so I don't really need the extra protein. Though the added benefit in the protein drink is good since it contains stuff like BCAAs, etc...

That being said, I prefer Optimum Nutrition as my post workout drink. You can actually drink this whenever you want -> before, during, and/or after. Though usually you would want to intake some within an hour or 1.5 hour window after workout. That is when your body is starving and craving for some nutrients.

I rarely recommend preworkout drinks because it's generally not good for you to take it long term. Short term? You will be okay. If you want to have that quick energy high and overcome your lifts and PRs then some preworkout jitters should be fine.

Note: For those who are unaware... pre and post-workout products are different. They are not the same thing.

Post-workout:

^^ My go to.

^ this one also comes in vanilla flavor.

Pre-workout:
Look up the Animal preworkout products.

---EDIT---

Wish there was an easy answer.
But the answer really is it depends on what you eat, how consistent you are with your training and diet, sleep, and mind.

If I can summarize with just one word then it would be consistency. That is the key!

Hope this helps!
Wow what a reply, thanks a lot. Actually i asked about protein drinks since i have a more basic problem: instead of lack of protein, i suffer from bad habit of eating whatever junk food biscuits or chips or breads in my house when i work in front of laptop or zoom meeting whatever. This bad habit of me wanting some flavor in my mouth when i cant be physically active is the main problem, and i find protein drinks/milk to be satisfying since it provides the texture and also fullness, it helps a lot.

Also when i eat a boiled egg i try to eat the white only but i'm confused on what to do with the yolk lol so i tend to eat it rather than throw it away.

Yeah the Optimum Nutrition is also among the best product i search online as post-workout alongside Legion Whey+ and Pro Jym Ultra Premium, the price are similar to each other so i'm still considering whether i should pick one between those as a complement or just stick to regular protein diet as workout diet without those drinks

Last edited: