General & Others What are you gonna do if luffy beats kaido 1v1?

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Wank the admirals even more.
:finally:

Luffy is consistently the underdog in his fights, so that would be strong evidence Sakazuki is a good deal above Kaido.
:akasalt:

Where my bois at?
He is fleet admiral though, not admiral. He got thrashed by and injured whitebeard and would have got killed by Garp in marineford, I'm assuming after his battle with Aokiji and with the new responsibilities his haki and strength has bloomed and he is now solidly above mere admiral level, admiral level is for the new monster trio characters, not the true monster Luffy.

Probably scream bad writing and plot armor while cursing Oda for his incompetence:catsweat:..
Seriously,probably nothing since I'm 100% sure it is not happening since during Odeon flashback, Oden himself said "the guys who are capable of taking down Kaido will appear in the new world in 20 years", so it is already set in stone since it is a form of prophecy linked to what he learned in Raftel.

question Odas storytelling ability.
Not necessarily story telling. He is a good story teller, imho.
It is more like... power-level telling. Oda not really outstanding at that.
He don't like main characters are too strong but on the other hand he couldn't really deliver sound power up in the process.
He use a lot of things we called as "plot armor" or "plot convenience" to deliver the result of the battle.

:kayneshrug:

M

MD Zolo

Firstly, follow @Cinera's template and wank Admirals even more. Secondly, not be surprised at all. Luffy beating the odds is a normal pattern in OP.

And I keep bringing Lucci in W7 over and over again for comparison purposes, even though many think the comparison is not justified. I think it is completely justified and Kaido one-shotting Luffy has no bearing on anything.

The concept of OP is that when push comes to shove, you can count on Luffy. Even in Marineford, where he was outclassed in every way, he got the job done. So, Luffy will get the job done here too. And while many Zoro fans will be utterly disappointed by Luffy soloing Kaido, it is not a new level of bad storytelling or anything like that. It is the normal service.

To be honest, the fact that Oda created a narrative where most of fandom don't believe Luffy can solo Kaido is NOT the normal service by OP standard. That is the BnHA standard.

this will be so satisfying for me. To see Luffy who, after so many humiliation and underdog atmosphere, finally become the WSC. Showing that admirals and even emperors is not an impassable obstacle for him anymore, by passing the greatest trial of strength, and finally be worthy of being PK.

so no i won't cry.