General & Others What are your biggest regrets when it comes to the One Piece story?

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Just like in the title. What are your biggest regrets when it comes to the One Piece story? Are there any mysteries, fights, plot holes you wanted to see but Oda purposefully skipped them?

Comment below!

My biggest regrets would be Akainu vs Aokiji and Shanks confronting Kaido both being off-screened.

Less important: Whitebeards fake motto that no one fucks with Whitebeard Pirates ( Oden situation ), zero reactions from the former Roger Pirates aside from Rayleigh + why Whitebeard didn't inform them?

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
  • Big Mom being such a huge waste of potential.
  • Sanji Post Time Skip.
  • The lack of focus on the Straw Hats, particularly Brook and Robin.
  • Luffy's lack of character growth.
  • Haki.
  • Fights like Drake vs Apoo, Franky vs Sasaki, and Jinbe vs WsW getting offscreened
I could go on and on, but those are the most notable ones imo.
Post automatically merged:

All the samurai either being allies, or fodder.

Just like in the title. What are your biggest regrets when it comes to the One Piece story? Are there any mysteries, fights, plot holes you wanted to see but Oda purposefully skipped them?

Comment below!

My biggest regrets would be Akainu vs Aokiji and Shanks confronting Kaido both being off-screened.

Less important: Whitebeards fake motto that no one fucks with Whitebeard Pirates ( Oden situation ), zero reactions from the former Roger Pirates aside from Rayleigh + why Whitebeard didn't inform them?
Yessss:
1- I wanted Montblanc Cricket to accompany SHs to skypea and becomes a crew member. He was such a great character!

2- Frankyโ€™s post-timeskip SHAMEFUL design! Ace Venturaโ€™s design was waaay cooler

3- Sabo eating Aceโ€™s DF instantly made Sabo an Ace 2.0 with no uniqueness... also, he should have stayed with Afro curly hair, one tooth missing, and farts and not well mannered who is hilarious with Luffy... but Oda made him look like Koby and made him so pretty and handsome hhhh

4- Oda turning Kuma into full robot and cyborg... and not using that plan by Dragon to turn Pacifista against WG... basically Kuma sacrificed himself for what? He made a deal with WG for a kingdom that we never heard about it or seen!!! I wanted something more clever...

5- WCI arc as a whole is a mistake Lol, just remove it... in fact, just remove Big Mom character from story...

6- Shusui given back to Wano is one of my biggest upset in Wano... I always wanted Zoro to fight Samurai coming at him wanting the sword back but he wrecks them and show some heritage he holds to Ryuuma to keep the sword...

7- Oda delaying Shanks, Mihawk, Dragon and others showcase of power as of yet... Believe me, by the time we get to see them fight... Luffy will be SO CLOSE to their level if not equal... that we would be SO DISAPPOINTED in that we are not seeing something new or shocking...or make us jump from our seat... it will look โ€œmehโ€ cause we would have witnessed things that are equal to it

8- Blackbeard character... I hate when people say heโ€™s charismatic when heโ€™s not... I swear people only say that cause heโ€™s evil and has power and Oda have big plans for him EoS... but heโ€™s the opposite of charisma I swear... Oh how I wish heโ€™ll be like the Obito to Madara with Xebex return... this way I can finally laugh at all those fans claiming BB to be great character when heโ€™s just awful... and Iโ€™ll see how many people jump from his sinking shipand turn on him

Seth

โ€Ž
6- Shusui given back to Wano is one of my biggest upset in Wano... I always wanted Zoro to fight Samurai coming at him wanting the sword back but he wrecks them and show some heritage he holds to Ryuuma to keep the sword...
Agree to the core...

I hate every fucking second after Zoro randomly gave away his sword because Oda wanted to jerk off that retarded Oden sword.

To be honest everything. The void century is fake hype, the one piece is fake hype, Vega punk is fake hype, world government is fake hype. I know itโ€™s fake hype since Oda has ZERO elaboration on it. Also look at how Oda treated the Yonko after hyping them up to oblivion since Fishman Island.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Oda sometimes shaping plots making them aestethically more pleasing from a complexive perspective (according to him and definitely not me) yet sacrificing power level consistency and firmness in the process, which is unfortunately something that doesn't bother him too much because he's content with the choice.

Agree to the core...

I hate every fucking second after Zoro randomly gave away his sword because Oda wanted to jerk off that retarded Oden sword.
Can you imagine a scenario like this:

1- Some Samurai see Shusui with Zoro.

2- They try to hunt Zoro, get wrecked

3- They go back and report to a specific Dojo that has very strong proud Samurai...

4- They manage to surround Zoro and force him to come to the dojo..

5- Zoro challenges the dojo leaders... one by one defeating them for the sword... and during his final match with the leader... he says the word โ€œSnaaatcheโ€ when defeating him to make the leader more curious about Zoro... only to know that an elder taught Zoro that word, his name is Shimutsuki Kozaboro, then he notices Kuinaโ€™s sword on Zoroโ€™s waist

6- He asks Zoro about the name of the sword, Zoro replies with โ€œItโ€™s Wado Ichimonjiโ€

7- He recognizes that this sword was created by Shimotsuki Kozaboro (same guy who created Enma)

8- Then he follows by saying... Shimutsuki clan are direct descendants from Ryuuma. And if Zoro wields Kozaboroโ€™s sword (Kuina) then it should be fate that Shusui also fell into his hands

Then they conclude the same line that Ryuuma said to Zoro about Shusui sword is satisfied with Zoro as its master
:steef:
also a recall back on the guy from sword shop who gave Sandai and Yubashiri to Zoro when he stated โ€œa sword chooses its masterโ€

it annoys me how Shusui was just used as exchange for Enma... I swear

Seth

โ€Ž

3- They go back and report to a specific Dojo that has very strong proud Samurai...

5- Zoro challenges the dojo leaders... one by one defeating them for the sword... and during his final match with the leader... he says the word โ€œSnaaatcheโ€ when defeating him to make the leader more curious about Zoro... only to know that an elder taught Zoro that word, his name is Shimutsuki Kozaboro, then he notices Kuinaโ€™s sword on Zoroโ€™s waist

6- He asks Zoro about the name of the sword, Zoro replies with โ€œItโ€™s Wado Ichimonjiโ€

7- He recognizes that this sword was created by Shimotsuki Kozaboro (same guy who created Enma)

8- Then he follows by saying... Shimutsuki clan are direct descendants from Ryuuma. And if Zoro wields Kozaboroโ€™s sword (Kuina) then it should be fate that Shusui also fell into his hands

Then they conclude the same line that Ryuuma said to Zoro about Shusui sword is satisfied with Zoro as its master
also a recall back on the guy from sword shop who gave Sandai and Yubashiri to Zoro when he stated โ€œa sword chooses its masterโ€

Amazing^
It's just sad. What it could have been if Oda didn't have lame-ass Oden fetish....

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
Everything in Post Time Skip is way too long. We are literally 100 chapters into Wano.

Pre Time Skip had some pacing issues, but nothing this bad.

Fishman Island and Punk Hazard combined should have been like 40 chapters, Dressrosa should have been 50, WCI 30, and Wano 50-70.

THis is Realy good, Seriously

Seth

โ€Ž
Oda sometimes shaping plots making them aestethically more pleasing from a complexive perspective (according to him and definitely not me) yet sacrificing power level consistency and firmness in the process, which is unfortunately something that doesn't bother him too much because he's content with the choice.
Yeah. He should be bothered that he is writing Nami to beat a character that almost pushed Luffy to G4. Let alone that. Ulti being okay after COC punch from Big Mom lmaoo.

Sabo being alive

Lack of SH focus

Haki being a mediocre power system

Big Mom. Oda crafted a great and unique character, just to turn her into a walking plot device in Wano that poses 0 threat. Everytime she is near the SH I know she is gonna end up helping them.

Raid has been hit or miss. Roof top stuff was awesome, but off-screening fights and focusing on so much different stuff at the same time is not a good idea in my opinion.

Samurai was fake hype. The thing we see about them is their determination and will is so strong they can fight with arrows in their heads but the strength part is not there.

Luffy should have never beat cracker it should have been the vinsmokes together excluding sanji to take him out.

Sabo being alive is the worst thing Oda has ever done. I can tolerate most the shit he does, but Walmart Ace? Seriously?
You are all rihgt. Sabo things just bullshit. Instead of seperating crew on every arc lฤฑke 4 5 years , he could eliminate bullshit character plotting. how do Living Sabo , being Yamato contribute story . I dont know.

Sabo being alive is the worst thing Oda has ever done. I can tolerate most the shit he does, but Walmart Ace? Seriously?
Odaโ€™s thought:
Ace is too cool, his powers are cool, he is a D. He is also Rogerโ€™s son, he is 2 years older than Luffy... and much stronger than him... with the same rate going... people would want Ace to be the next pirate king, not Luffy... hmm, letโ€™s kill him, and replace him with someone else, an Ace 2.0 but who progresses slower, and make Luffy surpass him in no time, and not a D... and not even a pirate to not compete against him... problem solved!

Haha, I really think that was Odaโ€™s thinking...