Character Discussion What are your thoughts on Jinbe vs Who's Who?

Not surprised. I told this noob @JazzMazz who pretends he doesn't know anything, that Jinbe owns Tobi Roppo level people. And this wasn't just any Tobi Roppo, but the STRONGEST one.

Here is Moriah v. Curiel, one of the strongest WB commanders outside the Top 3-4.

This is Jinbe vs. Moriah

Nothing new with Who's Who. He's stronger than Moriah, but still a Tobi Roppo.

If you know anything about powerscaling, you would know that match was going to end QUICKLY once Jinbe got serious. He put up more of a fight than Moriah, but I expected the same end result: Jinbe dominance.

H

humanbeing

well WsW was not up for the task he was not able to make it difficult for Jinbe i am pretty sure Jinbe will have to fight more. I can see him help against BM

I will never forgive Oda for not giving a calamity to Jinbe and explore all their abilities to the maximum in a really impressive battle.
This...

For me, this fight is a disrespect by Oda... Should've given Jinbe a more appropriate battle... WsW fight is too easy for him...

Oda should've given Jack to him so that his fishmen advantages would be nullified... Perhaps, Smoothie is a new hope...

A medium fight, like Franky one, i wasnt expecting much from WsW, but seems to have been quite easy for Jinbei to Win.

Att least we got some world building with Gomu Gomu and Nika

Not surprised. I told this noob @JazzMazz who pretends he doesn't know anything, that Jinbe owns Tobi Roppo level people. And this wasn't just any Tobi Roppo, but the STRONGEST one.

Here is Moriah v. Curiel, one of the strongest WB commanders outside the Top 3-4.

This is Jinbe vs. Moriah

Nothing new with Who's Who. He's stronger than Moriah, but still a Tobi Roppo.

If you know anything about powerscaling, you would know that match was going to end QUICKLY once Jinbe got serious. He put up more of a fight than Moriah, but I expected the same end result: Jinbe dominance.
This is not a power levels thread, so I'll keep this short, but you are totally misrepresenting my points, as well as how the fight played out.

Here is what I've actually said about the tobi roppo. These statements were made back in September 2020 before the rooftop battle had even started.

I'm pretty happy with how my prediction bore out. Even though Jinbei won in the end, Who's Who did give Jinbei a decently challenging fight up until he dominated the last portion. It was hardly a one sided contest in Jinbei's favour for the majority of the fight, with Who's Who actually holding the upper hand for portions of the battle.

So my prediction of the Tobi Roppo giving Jinbei a decent fight before losing was pretty much spot on.

Anyway, thats enough power scaling, back to the actual contents of the thread.

I think Jinbei vs Who's Who was a cool fight. Who's Who being a 6 powers user and a brawler was exactly the kind of opponent that it was fun to see Jinbei fight against.

The fight had some cool lore dumps as well.

However, I feel like for the fights going forward, we're going to need a better crux than just fish dad smashing through racist assholes. That was fun to watch, but its not exactly a deeply character driven motive.

Maybe Jinbei could be placed up against a pirate that challenges his sense of honour because they are underhanded in their fighting style, or maybe he fights a warrior who is genuinely pretty honourable and maybe respects Jinbei for his position(Jinbei isn't exactly a green horn)? Maybe his opponent could be someone who was a slave of the celestial dragons that Fisher Tiger saved? That could be cool. They could respect Jinbei for once being the leader of the sun pirates, which was the crew of the man who saved them.

I think breaking away from the fishman racism stuff would be good, or at least, the opponent being clearly a bit racist.