Character Discussion What are your thoughts on Jinbe vs Who's Who?

At this stage I seriously doubt that Inu will manage to defeat Jack by himself, that would feel like bad and incomplete writing, so I expect Neko to eventually join over either after he defeats Perospero or when he is about to leaving the job to finish him off to Carrot perhaps.

I still look for the justification for that plot of minks and Jack on the roof. Like, did that objectively serve what purpose within the narrative if Jack came out alive and is practically full now, and the army of visions came out alive too?

What a stupid decision Oda made. That would easily fit further in the story to give a definitive and dignified end to Jack, causing him to be defeated by Inu and Neko (sulongs) who would leave what was left of Jack to be destroyed by the sulong army as an act of revenge.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Pretty disappointing.

—Underdeveloped Backstory for one of the leading Tobi Rōppo

—Far too fast paced. Doesn’t have to be a dozen chapters but 3/4 would’ve been something good. Let us soak in the martial arts choreography.

—Bit if a Lucci rip off. Don’t mind this as much, but the biggest take away is this guy has a better DF and better shigan variants. That’s the only defining factor.

So a solid 3/10 for me

I still look for the justification for that plot of minks and Jack on the roof. Like, did that objectively serve what purpose within the narrative if Jack came out alive and is practically full now, and the army of visions came out alive too?

What a stupid decision Oda made. That would easily fit further in the story to give a definitive and dignified end to Jack, causing him to be defeated by Inu and Neko (sulongs) who would leave what was left of Jack to be destroyed by the sulong army as an act of revenge.
I think that the strawhats intervening to help Inu would work. Like, the strawhats witnessed what Jack did to Zou, it would be kind of silly if none of them even SAW Jack by the end of Wano. I'm thinking Usopp and Nami could chip in. Nami in particular as one of the first strawhats to arrive on Zou is familiar with the destruction Jack caused.

It was equal to all other individual struggles we have had so far: little exciting with poorly developed opponents and no weight on the development of the arc
How was Who's Who poorly developed? You could make the case for Sasaki, but Who's who turned out to be a very relevant character in the overall story.

How was Who's Who poorly developed? You could make the case for Sasaki, but Who's who turned out to be a very relevant character in the overall story.
What was the importance of Who's Who in the macro vision of history:
- Bring the question of why the World Government was the Gomu Gomu no Mi specially;
- To present the mystery of Nika;

The first factor is something that does not necessarily require the existence of the Who's Who for this, and Oda himself could have used countless other navy characters or characters with connections to the underworld at any time in these 1000+ chapters that OP has to bring this question to surface or suggest it. While Nika's mystery still has too little information to say anything about.

If looking at Who's Who within the macro construction of the story, it already characterizes itself as irrelevant, looking at its development and relevance specifically within Wano's arc... It's pathetic.

With the Tobi Roppo fights now over, what are your thoughts on Jinbe vs Who's Who?

Seeing how this was Jinbe's first fight as a member of the Straw Hats, did you like the fight and if you didn't like the fight then what do you think could have made the fight better?
I like how W'sW's sword in this panel is actualy the size of a normal sword and turned into a knife later on lol

I liked it for what is was. Jimbei against an opponent he outclassed and that also had some interesting info. It was pretty nice and probably my favourite Flying Six fight in Onigashima.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
With the Tobi Roppo fights now over, what are your thoughts on Jinbe vs Who's Who?

Seeing how this was Jinbe's first fight as a member of the Straw Hats, did you like the fight and if you didn't like the fight then what do you think could have made the fight better?
I don't like big swings for no reason.
Franky vs Sasaki was a roughly even match for its entire course.
Robin used the big Devil Clone. So it's fair to have a big swing.
Think like EL fights. Chopper uses Monster Point and DEMOLISHES "hair dude".
Zoro uses Ashura and DEMOLISHES Kaku.
Sanji uses DJ and DEMOLISHES Jabura.
Jinbei basically "remembered" that he was stronger than Whoswho and suddenly Whoswho attacks didn't do shit against Jinbei. A big swing coming out of nowhere. To me, the fight until this point was really freaking cool. I love this "immovable" stance vibe that Jinbei has.

I don't like big swings for no reason.
Franky vs Sasaki was a roughly even match for its entire course.
Robin used the big Devil Clone. So it's fair to have a big swing.
Think like EL fights. Chopper uses Monster Point and DEMOLISHES "hair dude".
Zoro uses Ashura and DEMOLISHES Kaku.
Sanji uses DJ and DEMOLISHES Jabura.
Jinbei basically "remembered" that he was stronger than Whoswho and suddenly Whoswho attacks didn't do shit against Jinbei. A big swing coming out of nowhere. To me, the fight until this point was really freaking cool. I love this "immovable" stance vibe that Jinbei has.
TBH, I think that Robin's was a bigger less justified swing.

One Piece often has these moments where the characters just "punch harder". Jinbei's scene here played out pretty much the same as Zoro's scene against Kaku when he uses Ashura.

My problem with Robin's scene is that they don't really acknowledge how Robin counters stuff like Black Maria's webs. Like, those are abilities you just can't "over power with grabbing" since its a hard counter. You can't "out punch" that.

Its doubly weird because they set up Robin having an ability that actually could overpower Black Maria but she uses it to accomplish a fairly simple feat that doesn't massively counter Black Maria's other abilities.

Overall good fight (7/10), it would have been better if it was 1 chapter or half a chapter longer, but overall was pretty solid.
Best elements of the fight:
- Great choreography
- Insane reveals and lore
- Passive racism conflict (reason for Jinbe getting mad)

Also, Jinbei winning with mid/high diff isn't surprising, after all he is a freaking beast.

Last edited:

A good fight, but overall a waste because Jinbei was made to fight below his paygrade.

WW should have faced Brook, while Jinbei should have faced Jack instead of Jack being wasted on Inu and Jinbei being wasted on WW.

Not surprised. I told this noob @JazzMazz who pretends he doesn't know anything, that Jinbe owns Tobi Roppo level people. And this wasn't just any Tobi Roppo, but the STRONGEST one.

Here is Moriah v. Curiel, one of the strongest WB commanders outside the Top 3-4.

This is Jinbe vs. Moriah

Nothing new with Who's Who. He's stronger than Moriah, but still a Tobi Roppo.

If you know anything about powerscaling, you would know that match was going to end QUICKLY once Jinbe got serious. He put up more of a fight than Moriah, but I expected the same end result: Jinbe dominance.
What makes you say that Curiel is one of the strongest commanders?

I wanted it to be Brook, but looking back, Who's-Who is clearly the Perospero of the bunch and I don't think Brook's "special enough" to be Luffy Perospero. Alongside Franky, he's more on Daifuku and Oven's bracket. This doesn't mean I think Jimbei fills the "Perospero" role as I still say he's the fourth member of the Monster Trio.

I wanted it to be Brook, but looking back, Who's-Who is clearly the Perospero of the bunch and I don't think Brook's "special enough" to be Luffy Perospero. Alongside Franky, he's more on Daifuku and Oven's bracket. This doesn't mean I think Jimbei fills the "Perospero" role as I still say he's the fourth member of the Monster Trio.
Well, Oda could have just written WsW differently to not have him be portrayed as the strongest F5. Oda could have written either Sasaki, WsW, or Maria as the strongest F5, depending on who you think is the strongest between Franky, Brook, and Robin

Well, Oda could have just written WsW differently to not have him be portrayed as the strongest F5. Oda could have written either Sasaki, WsW, or Maria as the strongest F5, depending on who you think is the strongest between Franky, Brook, and Robin
Oda should just give us the strongest non-M3 Straw Hat who isn't Jimbei. (I personally say it's Chopper.)