Character Discussion What are your thoughts on Jinbe vs Who's Who?

It was below average

WsW backstory was lame, the mask reveal was a huge let down, his power set was really underwhelming : he used classic old CP9 skills, and his best techniques is something we already saw. His DF wasn’t used to the fullest and his sword/little knife wasn’t used anymore…. The guy carried a 3 meters scabbard all the time so you can thing he will use sword to fight etc but no, it’s a tiny knife that he used just one time….

Jimbe beat him good, okay it can make sense, but it was too fast, I wanted ancient Zoan to show more.

So story wise the fight wasn’t great
Fighting wise the fight wasn’t great either

For me it’s easily the worst TR fight. At least the flying triceratops was totally unexpected and fun
Couldn´t say it better, it was really a huge let down the whole battle.
Jabura and Lucci had their orginal moves, not just basic skill, Madara was a move who was used by Lucci as not strongest move, while WsW use it as special attack which was soo lame asf. I kinda hoped more of a new skillset, more moves and a combo with haki and the other cp skills. I don´t wanna even start about the sword, I feel like Oda was rushing the fight and didn´t had much plan how to write it.
Worst flying six fight for sure.

Couldn´t say it better, it was really a huge let down the whole battle.
Jabura and Lucci had their orginal moves, not just basic skill, Madara was a move who was used by Lucci as not strongest move, while WsW use it as special attack which was soo lame asf. I kinda hoped more of a new skillset, more moves and a combo with haki and the other cp skills. I don´t wanna even start about the sword, I feel like Oda was rushing the fight and didn´t had much plan how to write it.
Worst flying six fight for sure.
Yes, but also not really?

Who's Who had a massive hakified bite charge attack, as well as his unique bite move. So I think those are at least two unique things. Also, even the way he used his blade was unique from any other 6 powers users. So he has shown 3 unique techniques.

I would have liked to have maybe have seen Six King Pistol again.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yes, but also not really?

Who's Who had a massive hakified bite charge attack, as well as his unique bite move. So I think those are at least two unique things. Also, even the way he used his blade was unique from any other 6 powers users. So he has shown 3 unique techniques.

I would have liked to have maybe have seen Six King Pistol again.
The blade attack was just used once and was never used in his hybrid form. The guy has a big sword all the time so it’s a shame the knife/sword is not part of his overall skill set.

And his last attack and finisher is something we already saw before. It’s lame.

Yeah WsW has one or two unique attacks : fang pistol and fang flash. And both had really low impact on the fight and in the end he used something we already knew.

An unique fighting style with fang + sword/knife + rokushiki would have been much better than what we had.

The blade attack was just used once and was never used in his hybrid form. The guy has a big sword all the time so it’s a shame the knife/sword is not part of his overall skill set.

And his last attack and finisher is something we already saw before. It’s lame.

Yeah WsW has one or two unique attacks : fang pistol and fang flash. And both had really low impact on the fight and in the end he used something we already knew.

An unique fighting style with fang + sword/knife + rokushiki would have been much better than what we had.
I actually prefer his fighting style being around his fang techniques, though thats just my bias towards liking six powers and Lucci's fighting style.

I'm glad he was a bit more of a straight forward fighter. Otherwise you end up with something silly that Oda can't write himself out of like Black Maria where he literally had to forget all her abilities to justify Robin's win.

Sasaki's technique was incredibly goofy, and just wasn't very well panelled. The action was incredibly cluttered, and Sasaki went down to techniques that were fairly lackluster. I still sort of have trouble buying that Gaon cannon did that much damage when previously it didn't even take out scrubs like Baby5 and Buffalo.

I think "just punching harder" is probably the most One Piece way to end the fight, and I think it works well enough here. I liked Jinbei stamping on Who's Whos tail to prevent him from escaping. Sort of an inversion of how Lucci used his tail to prevent Luffy from escaping 6 king pistols.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I actually prefer his fighting style being around his fang techniques, though thats just my bias towards liking six powers and Lucci's fighting style.

I'm glad he was a bit more of a straight forward fighter. Otherwise you end up with something silly that Oda can't write himself out of like Black Maria where he literally had to forget all her abilities to justify Robin's win.

Sasaki's technique was incredibly goofy, and just wasn't very well panelled. The action was incredibly cluttered, and Sasaki went down to techniques that were fairly lackluster. I still sort of have trouble buying that Gaon cannon did that much damage when previously it didn't even take out scrubs like Baby5 and Buffalo.

I think "just punching harder" is probably the most One Piece way to end the fight, and I think it works well enough here. I liked Jinbei stamping on Who's Whos tail to prevent him from escaping. Sort of an inversion of how Lucci used his tail to prevent Luffy from escaping 6 king pistols.
Gao canon was always portrayed as a very powerful move, it’s just that plot protected Baby 5 and Buffalo. But I never doubted Gao canon potential.

Sasaki fight wasn’t great, but at least it was something new, seeing a lesser Lucci making the same moves is weaker. For me Sasaki fight was better than WsW fight.

Oda can do something like a flying triceratops but couldn’t invent some unique fighting style for WsW ? Everything I see in WsW is comparing him with Lucci and the comparison is clearly in his defavor : no Rokuogan, no slim form/life return technique etc.
Oda should have gone with something new.

It was as expected.

Must've sucked for those who thought that WW would give Jinbei extreme diff:suresure::gokulaugh:
Yeah I admit his plot with the references to the calamities and the desire of some TR to become one was confusing but I rather expected an high diff fight than a mid diff one. Oda surprised me.

It went as expected who's who's was no match to a warlord but he did put up a decent fight though so I give him his props. It's just Jinbei already face much stronger opponents like ace into a stalemate for 5 days the fight with who's who's is not comparable.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
With the Tobi Roppo fights now over, what are your thoughts on Jinbe vs Who's Who?

Seeing how this was Jinbe's first fight as a member of the Straw Hats, did you like the fight and if you didn't like the fight then what do you think could have made the fight better?
Surprised Jinbe allowed this weak-ass dog to play for this long.

In one of the panels, he was literally holding him off with one arm and looking around to see how everyone is doing:milaugh:

But if I think about it Jinbe might've noticed that Who's Who has something interesting about him and may leak some info to him.

Once this match-up started I predicted Jinbe to neg to low diff Dog's Poo and I wasn't wrong. :milaugh: