Chapter Discussion What are your thoughts on the latest chapter about when zoro said "Don't let your guard down luffy even for a second"

Just basic character exposition. Luffy's head is in the clouds most of the time, and Zoro is more serious and down to earth.

Nami did the same in WCI.

Because Luffy lost to Caesar Clown for the same reason and Zoro knows it.

It happened the same thing when Blackbeard faced with Magellan and MF Whitebeard. Both Shiryu and MF Whitebeard said the same thing, Blackbeard was careless.

This is probably the parallel between Luffy-Blackbeard, and Shiryu-Zoro. Luffy and Blackbeard will be careless and Zoro, Shiryu will tell them not underestimate their opponents.

Another parallel here; when Mihawk went to Shanks's island, he said Shanks making a camp there is a careless act. Perhaps now Mihawk lost his Shichibukai title, he will join Shanks and become his Zoro/Shiryu.

Because Luffy lost to Caesar Clown for the same reason and Zoro knows it.

It happened the same thing when Blackbeard faced with Magellan and MF Whitebeard. Both Shiryu and MF Whitebeard said the same thing, Blackbeard was careless.

This is probably the parallel between Luffy-Blackbeard, and Shiryu-Zoro. Luffy and Blackbeard will be careless and Zoro, Shiryu will tell them not underestimate their opponents.

Another parallel here; when Mihawk went to Shanks's island, he said Shanks making a camp there is a careless act. Perhaps now Mihawk lost his Shichibukai title, he will join Shanks and become his Zoro/Shiryu.
Ben beckman looks like serious enough individual to fill that role tho.

Because that's a callback to Punk Hazzard, the very first arc of New World, also the kick-start of Yonkou saga. :myman:
Punk Hazzard is a lotttttt more important to the Yonkou Saga plot line than we think. A fuck tons of forshadowings back then, end up being true in Zou/Wano. :shakiously:
It was as important to the yonko saga as Whisky peak was to the grand line saga, sure, didnt look like much at the start, but it set Luffy's entire route through the grandline and set him up on the path to directly opose the government by having Robin joining.

No whisky peak= No vivi joining the crew, no robin joining the crew, no ennies lobby, no sunny go, etc...
No punk harzard= No alliance with law, no meeting momo, etc...

Zoro has always been there to talk Luffy some manner of sense as a captain, has been like that since he joined Luffy, thats why he is vice-captain even though both of them are idiots.
Of course he would be angry lol, his captain is about to face 2 yonkos and he is doing stupid stuff and leaving his guard down, but no, i dont think Zoro will confront Luffy about it, he will just be angry and thats it. But even soo that dosent mean he might not do the same kinda dumb shit in the same fight to rival someone's feat....he is also kinda dumb, after all.

Dude did you start reading when Wano started and skiped EVERYTHING before that? Luffy has been a stupid idiot since the start, even when going to save Nami who was stabing her own arm because of aarlong he was doing stupid stuff, he almost drowned because of that, and even after that he kept doing dumb shit like putting arrlong's teeth in his mouth. ALL ARCS had moments like these be they comming from Luffy or not.
If you want to read some serious manga where everyone takes everything seriously, sorry, One Piece is not it...Go read naruto, bleach or some other thing.
I know luffy have done things like this for a long time now but this are 2 yonkous we are talking about (1 of them 1 shot him not long ago, remember that luffy? ) and this is a seasoned luffy that went through sabaody tragedy and more, he should know that messing around against big characters could put his crew in danger and yet he acts like a fool that didnt learn anything. Oda wont do anything to the SH now so luffy carelessness doesnt matter but this is getting old.

A bit of character development should be expected here but luffy almost behaves like luffy in episode 1 and that is not a good sign imo.

As usual "overanalyzing" things
read this for all dumbos here...
credits @Akai2
“Luffy jokes around too much, he needs to take things seriously”

Actually he’s as serious as a heartbeat. Crocodile thought goofy-looking Mizu-Luffy was a joke.
Doflamingo thought cartoony Gear 4 was a joke as well.
"What is this I thought you had a plan, take things seriously!"
"I AM serious" :lusalty:

Luffy made peace with every moment potentially being his last. That’s what he believes a pirate is. No reason to be miserable and force inauthentic actions, just because that’s what others "normally" do.

He brings the same out of others against their will. Law was surprised at being caught in his pace during the famous “bread” scene. Notice how relaxed the SHs are compared to Law before raiding Doffy’s kingdom.

Kid and Law got caught in it again here. Luffy’s a natural clown, regardless of the situation’s severity, he’ll be his natural clown self. He’s ready to die anyway so what’s the point of not being you. Kid and Law are naturally calculated and stoic, so they’re annoyed when they get sucked into his pace, they just can’t help it :suresure:

Post automatically merged:

I know luffy have done things like this for a long time now but this are 2 yonkous we are talking about (1 of them 1 shot him not long ago, remember that luffy? ) and this is a seasoned luffy that went through sabaody tragedy and more, he should know that messing around against big characters could put his crew in danger and yet he acts like a fool that didnt learn anything. Oda wont do anything to the SH now so luffy carelessness doesnt matter but this is getting old.

A bit of character development should be expected here but luffy almost behaves like luffy in episode 1 and that is not a good sign imo.
Are you dumb...always Saboady this/saboady that....Saboady happened not because he was messing around, Saboady happened because he was not "strong" enough...can't even understand such simple thing

Last edited:
As usual "overanalyzing" things
read this for all dumbos here...
credits @Akai2

Post automatically merged:

Are you dumb...always Saboady this/saboady that....Saboady happened not because he was messing around, Saboady happened because he was not "strong" enough...can't even understand such simple thing
Are you dumb? My point is that luffy knows how devastating the strongest people in the verse can be (like when he "lost" his crew due to one of them) so he should know to not mess around when hes facing them but no, he still does, which shows that he hasnt grow much as a character and thats disappointing for me.

You can't even understand such a simple thing.

Are you dumb? My point is that luffy knows how devasting the strongest people in the verse can be (like when he "lost" his crew due to one of them) so he should know to not mess around when hes facing them but no, he still does, which shows that he hasnt grow much as a character and its dissapointing.

You can't even understand such a simple thing.
Like I said, you didn't read One Piece till now, reread the whole content I have put since you quoted the whole post and even after that you can't comprehend then I can't help it ....

Like I said, you didn't read One Piece till now, reread the whole content I have put since you quoted the whole post and even after that you can't comprehend then I can't help it ....
Ive been reading it since thriller bark but sure lets pretend i just started so you dont feel insecure about a long time reader criticizing OP.

Luffy's character development has been so poor, hes still mostly the same as in chp 1 character wise and thats one of the issues I have. At this rate it wont be surprising when luffy starts messing around in front of akainu (Hello... Ace? ) and die hard OP fans gonna go all "luffy always been like this bla bla". Character development, what is it?

Last edited:
On the contrary, Zoro will be even more proud of his captain who is capable of surpassing WSC himself. Especially when he play a role in that, as a loyal and strong reminder for his captain to focus to the utmost whenever its needed.

i was caught up since arabasta even before internet manga was a thing and the moment oda drop these gag the moment i drop one piece.