Questions & Mysteries What did Roger/Luffy say?

This chapter gave us an easily overlooked blurb of missing dialogue from Roger. It causes Whitebeard to laugh and call him a kid, while Oden is left with his mouth open.

It's a reference to this scene. A missing proclamation from Luffy caused the same kind of shock and confusion.

I imagine Shanks heard the same thing from Luffy at some point. It wasn't planned and included as far back as Chapter 1, but there is clearly a set of words Shanks would believe only Roger and Luffy would spout that nobody in the world ever would think of.

Becoming Pirate King or finding One Piece isn't a dream unique to Luffy. Many pirates share the same desire for fame and fortune that fueled the Great Pirate Age and it wouldn't be odd for them to proclaim their dream is to be King of Pirates. The treasure called One Piece and a King of the Pirates might not even have existed until Roger found the legendary final island. It's definitely not a statement that should cause bewilderment from Sabo, Ace and Oden and laughter from others.

What are the missing words? Are they Luffy and Roger's true dream? Are they more statements of their character? Is it a possible future gag set up?

Probably Oda even answer this back in chapter 957, reading both context of Roger and Luffy, I think the most thing who fit into the word is exact the same as what Xebec want:

Roger want King of the world
Luffy want King of the world
Who has the most freedom on the world, the King of the world who rules over anything.
Probably their is more to the word King of the world, we need to whole context about this King of the world, but I think it was the words which both Luffy and Roger use in these panels.

Kudos for noticing this. The first thing that comes to mind is "I want to be the man with most freedom" which should be what he said back in Sabaondy to Rayleigh. This would make some man laugh and some other be amazed and, speculation, we saw that WB and Sabo laughed at those words while Ace and Oden were speechless, Oden in a positive way and Ace simply couldn't understand it. Imo this strenghtens the "freest man" theory, Oden was amazed and Oden has an adventorous spirit just like Luffy (and so most likely Roger too) and that is why those words touched him so much.

At first I tought the reaction could be related to the D. Aka non D. People laughed at it: WB and Sabo, while D. See the powers of those words Ace and somewhat Oden who could have a relation to the D. But later I noticed Ace wasn't amazed at all XD the only one amazed was Oden. Would be interestimg to see the reaction of BB to these famous words to have a better understanding.

I literally had the SAME question when I read Roger's dialog. I immediately remembered Luffy with Sabo and Ace hahaha.

However, the answer to me must be something so rediculous for Ace to make it feel like a "stupid" thingy, while WB suggesting that this is something a "kid" would say not an ambitious pirate would say. So, I don't think it's something like being "King of pirates/world"

It will be something weird imo, which will eventually show the inhirited will of Roger/Luffy

I guess I was the only one who simply thought they said "I wanna be PK" and didn't put any further thought into it, LOL
But it wouldn't make sense!
Why would Ace think it's rediculous when his old father did achieve it?
right?
Ace felt like the thing Luffy said is simply "stupid". At least that was the tone I felt from Ace
Being a king of pirates, Ace would react to it in a different manner, since his father which he despises, he actually managed to do it. And even Ace later on, he wanted to crown WB as the New King. So, I honestly cannot imagine the answer is being "king of PK/World"

It's gonna be something a kid would say LOL. Something so childish, YET it expresses freedom maybe

Big Mom from the most recent arc:

There is no way this phrase is unique to Roger and Luffy.

Furthermore, we've seen Luffy tell everyone from Mihawk to dragon Kaido that he's going to be King of the Pirates. They give all sorts of reactions to Luffy. Why was Luffy cut off back then? Why is Roger also cut off? The strange parallel here is surely Oda trying to sneak something past the fanbase.

Something Roger and Luffy have in common is that boundless desire to be free. God holds the keys to a mans fate, so as long as a man's fate is bound to god can a man truly be free? I'm religious btw so I don't necessarily believe what I just wrote :p, just playing devil's advocate for the sake of argument...lolz. That established, I reckon both Roger & Luffy might have declared something along the lines of breaking free of god's will or making everybody free or something like that. The representation of god in the one piece verse is the celestial dragon's and IM, so only when Luffy's able to topple them will he truly have achieved his dream. If y'all remember, at the time in this flashback, WB viewed the WG as the ruler of the world and told Oden they were too great of force to be toppled or at least he implied as much and then went on to say that Wano are free in sense given then are not under the WG's reign, so Roger saying something along the lines of breaking the world free from the chains bound by the WG would've sounded nothing short of a kids declaration to WB.

It literally can't be "Pirate King" because that was a title coined by the World Government. When Roger found out that was what they were calling him he was like "lol i mean i guess" because that wasn't the goal. Also I feel like Oda wouldn't have "..." if it was something as simple as that. I'll feel like a clown if there's no reveal in the future, but I'm sticking with it

So the Official Translation released, and the context of how it is worded is definitely interesting.

Ace says "That's at the end of my little brothers dream." "I really think he can make it happen."

What we can gather from that is that it is something that can only happen after Luffy becomes Pirate King, and apparently, Roger wanted to do the same thing. Luffy also said this in front of Shanks, as Shanks told Rayleigh that Luffy spoke the same exact words Roger did.

All these years definitely thought it was Roger saying it was him wanting to be Pirate King, but thats definitely not the case. Given the type of character Luffy is, I can see it being something along the lines of "Once I become Pirate King, I'll throw the biggest party there ever was and invite the whole World."