Questions & Mysteries What does awakened Kaido look like?

You can see Doffy ascend upwards while taking the strings from the ground alongside him as he goes up to clash with G4.

He then sends them in the direction he wants those strings to pierce. You can even see the God Thread strings arising from the Ground in the bottom left panel. Those are essentially building sized strings which are made into sharp piercing objects and then amplified with Armament.

You can see how the execution is similar to Flap Thread - an awakening move.

Katakuri is quite simple, he needs the awakening to accelerate in Donut form to build momentum before striking with his arm in Zangiri Mochi.
He is turning the ground into Mochi to move that fast. So yes, it is also technically awakening based.
Using awakening to prompel himself but the attack itself isn't awakened move

Last edited by a moderator:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Katakuri transforming into a donut is just his paramécia ability it’s not awakening
Logia ability but I agree with the point. I never said his transformation is usage of awakening.
No awakening involved With Zangiri mochi. I don’t believe he turned the ground to Michu to move faster. It was never shown. I think it’s just his mochi leftover. I know the anime is shit but Kata never turned the ground into mochi while doing the donut thing. But even without the anime it’s a super reach to say he transformed the ground into mochi in that panel.

The whole Zangiri mochi attack is not awakening based. It’s spinning + flame haki + spinning + slamming
The official coloured manga disagrees:
Imo, what Oda depicted is clear. The donut mode turns the ground into awakening for more momentum - you can even see the "shlup!" sfx there.
About Doffy attack : I was sure it was said somewhere when doffy launched his attack that those 16 threads were of higher quality etc. And he kept them with him.

I dreamt that part ??
I'm not sure where you got that from.
But yeah, there are subtle narrative references to Doflamingo's past - he terms Flap Thread as "Thousand Arrows: Flap Thread" and God Thread as "Sixteen Holy Bullets: God Thread" with both being references to this

--- "We'll stick a Thousand Arrows in them!"
--- "My sons were.... the Celestial Dragons shot them Sixteen times with a pistol!"

I do think these are the references behind the naming of those attacks.
Post automatically merged:

Using awakening to promptly himself but the attack itself isn't awakened move
If you wanna say that Katakuri can execute Zangiri Mochi w/o using Donut Mode then yeah, I would agree. But he did use Awakening in the canon when he used Donut Mode imo.

Y'all realize that Kaido will literally be contradicting himself if he turns to awakening next chapter though right?
This is the man that was going on about how Haki exceeds everything else, gets his ass beat in a Haki clash and then now proceeds to depend on his DF to win? :shame:
Won't be the first or second time he's contradicted himself this arc but gaddem

*Don't think we are seeing an awakening btw
he been contradicting himself all arc.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The official coloured manga disagrees:
Imo, what Oda depicted is clear. The donut mode turns the ground into awakening for more momentum - you can even see the "shlup!" sfx there.
It’s like just droplets of Mochi from the donut, you can even see in the back of the donut a drop of mochi falling from kata.

It was never implied the donut had the help of awakening to move

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It’s like just droplets of Mochi from the donut, you can even see in the back of the donut a drop of mochi falling from kata.
That wouldn't distort the ground the Donut's currently on. Eitherway, I think what Oda wanted to show was clear and you need more than the anime (which showed Kata making a machine gun out of Mochi and shooting btw) to convince me.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
That wouldn't distort the ground the Donut's currently on. Eitherway, I think what Oda wanted to show was clear and you need more than the anime (which showed Kata making a machine gun out of Mochi and shooting btw) to convince me.
I also think what Oda wanted to show was clear. Donut transformation, spinning, human again and the attack. No awakening involved.
We have 0 reason to think awakening was involved here.

and yeah anime is shit tier proof but better than nothing I suppose

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I like Sawyer's theory of Zoan fruits only awaken when the user dies, that's why we don't see other Zoan awakenings in Wano and that's why Kaido tried to die all the time.
Very interesting and fresh take
that's why the guardians in Impel Down are so mindless and beastly/animalistic, their old users soul died and the devil fruit soul took over the body
Zoan User dies -> body remains + soul dies -> devil fruit soul takes over body -> Awakening
in Luffy's case his soul kept on living, because he carries the will of the D. that's why he can probably be brought back, maybe through Law's powers
and that's why the World Government is after Law's fruit because that way they can awaken their Zoan's for example the one of Green Bull, or the one from the CP-0 members like Lucci
this all flows together like a waterfall

In this case Kaido would look like his hybrid form, his personality will just be more beasty.

1. Yes
2. I’m imagining Porungas size, and his body basically coated and exploding with fire and lightning
3. I think he’s never been able to awaken his fruit. As he’s never been pushed to that so far thinking his haki was all he needed.
4. Comparable to Primebeard so a good bit stronger
5. However long oda wants to write straw hats vs Kaido until luffy finishes it off.

He then sends them in the direction he wants those strings to pierce. You can even see the God Thread strings arising from the Ground in the bottom left panel. Those are essentially building sized strings which are made into sharp piercing objects and then amplified with Armament
I also think Doffy took the remaining hardened strings from his Flap Threads, moved it along him and then formed the edge of the strings very pointy and then named it God Threads. You can even see how the 16 threads looked different prior to Doflamingo making his attack ready, then all of a sudden they got extremely sharp, thin and pointy.
Post automatically merged:

He been using awakened forms
Even flaming dragon is part of his awakening skillset
Never mentioned that any of those "forms" are awakened. And his flaming dragon mode is just Kaido coating himself with the flame clouds or whatever he used to coat himself that massive.

An awakening zoan is a new transformation. Why do people overlook this recent fact? Luffy was awakened the moment he got a new transformation and he had the new abilities of the new transformation, a huge extention of his abilities excluding the paramecia awakened ones. Awakening -> peak transformation, it is not that difficult. Chopper's Monster Point is most likely awakened too.