Questions & Mysteries What does awakened Kaido look like?

For people that don't believe we've seen any type of awakening usage from kaido and that hell finally use it next chapter
  1. Do you want kaido to get up and still be able to fight?
  2. What do you think it'll look like visually?
  3. Why hasn't kaido used it? Would you personally consider it luffy's victory if kaido is still able to fight stronger than ever but luffy isn't able to fight back?
  4. How much stronger do you think itll make him? How will his true strongest attack compare to rising dragon flame bagua?
  5. How many more chapters till awakened kaido is defeated?
Personally think kaidos buffd up form is part of his awakening and that hes currently more or less defeated by luffy

1. Yes, it would be cool to see kaido fighting with a new form. We have had to wait through loads of boring chapters to finally get to the fights after all

2. A more insane version of his dragon form i guess

3. Could be a few reasons. Perhaps he cant use it willingly because the awakening takes over his personality and he loses his senses, or maybe thats why he rather not use it. Or, he might have never actually used awakening before. He hasnt been this close to death and maybe he awakens for the first time. If luffy is not able to fight back then i guess its not a true victory but i think luffy will bounce back

4. similar to the strength increase between gear 5 and gear 4, which isnt THAT much tbh. However i think kaido will be less versatile in this form as compared to hybrid, and would be more uncontrollable

5. like 3 chapters

Awakening has always been very clear. Oda wouldnt make it so we would have to scourge through panels and argue if theres a chance if something is part of awakening or not. Doflamingo and katakuri was obvious and outright stated as well as luffy who gets a completely different form and look

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Not really. Gear 5th isn't fun to watch lol. I think the fight got really good when Kaido was busting out drunk moves against Gear 4th Luffy. After he resurrected, it was pretty mid.
  1. What do you think it'll look like visually?
TBH this is what I really wanted to find out. There's no telling what an awakened zoan would look like (besides fodder jailer beasts). I'd love to find out. Luffy, it was a quick cosmetic change. Possibly to look closer to Joyboy/Nika. I'm not sure what would be different for a regular zoan.
  1. Why hasn't kaido used it? Would you personally consider it luffy's victory if kaido is still able to fight stronger than ever but luffy isn't able to fight back?
He isn't awakened, as far as I can tell. If he's kept it up his sleeve until now... Lol. He better be feral and unable to control it. But I'd rather him not be awakened at this point.

Nah, that's not a true W. Luffy did great but if Kaido was holding back then Luffy didn't really beat all out Kaido. It's like giving Caesar Clown props for defeating Gear 2nd Luffy.
  1. How much stronger do you think itll make him? How will his true strongest attack compare to rising dragon flame bagua?
No idea. It should boost him to a new level given how awakenings are portrayed so far. It gave Law/Kidd great power, Doffy/Kata a whole new way of fighting. Luffy is insane. So I'd expect Kaido to be night and day different too.
  1. How many more chapters till awakened kaido is defeated?
If he did awaken, no fucking clue.
Personally think kaidos buffd up form is part of his awakening and that hes currently more or less defeated by luffy
Slight facial feature changes + getting bulky doesn't vibe with me for awakening. Oda didn't mention it and you know damn well he would if Kaido was using awakening.

Oda didn't mention it and you know damn well he would if Kaido was using awakening.
Idk tbh
I think linlin is also awakened with her awakening likely being soul pocus imo even tho it hasn't been directly said
Him only really using the mode when hes not fully mentally there like when hes drunk + him looking more beast like his muscles, teeth, nose, and eyes all getting bigger and crazier. It makes sense it would have some relation to awakening tho i can definitely understand not really liking it
Also able to do this form

Zoan awakenings are confusing tho so far
  1. We got the fodder jailer beast able to do it but not control it
  2. Choppers monster point looks pretty similar to the jailer beast it maybe being an imperfect awakening type of thing like them but at the same time it doesn't really make much sense with chopper having a human fruit
  3. Lowkey based on how many times ultis ass was able to keep getting up oda lowkey should have just gave it to her lol. If she gets it prime ulti >>> all stars πŸ“
  4. Marco and king have their partial transformations which i used to be confident was part of awakening but idk. Plus neither uses a full hybrid form which is wack imo
  5. Jacks ass built like a gifter lol but maybe its the same reason as black maria and he took some pills to change it idk
  6. Also might be wrong but couldn't that vice admiral with a spider zoan do partial transformations like Marco and king πŸ—Ώ. There's also laffitte now that i remember
Point is zoan awakenings are a confusing mess right now πŸ—Ώ

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
He been using awakened forms
Even flaming dragon is art of his awakening skillset
I don’t know if Flame dragon is part of his awakening skill set, the buff drunk form looks a lot more like an awakening (a part of it) than the flaming Dragon. I think the flaming dragon is just a technique.

And often the strongest techniques of users are not linked to their awakening ;
- Doffy God thread is not linked to awakening
- Kata zangiri mochi is not linked to awakening

1. Kaido getting back up will be amazing.

2. Not sure how imagine any tweeks to his already great eastern dragon design, but I personally think it will have western dragon characteristics, like wings, and features from his hybrid form. ( We saw that in Punk Hazard western dragons exist and potentially get their lineage factor from Kaido's fruit )

3. Had it not been for the recent chapter, I would've said because Luffy hasn't earned the opportunity yet. However, I think it's due to the will of the devil fruit itself being very dangerous for even Kaido to control. It is the will of an Azure Dragon after all.

4. I think it will make him stronger overall. Awakenings have a strong connection to imagination. Kaido can use the fire and wind elements. He can potentially use others as well but I won't delve. Wind attacks are deadly even against rubber. Kaido was also able to coat himself in fire as well. We also saw in his drunken stupor that he can change sizes and shape as well. If imagination is applied to all three concepts, we should say a very deadly performance.

5. 2-5

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
Doffy used 16 high quality threads he kept with himself
You can see Doffy ascend upwards while taking the strings from the ground alongside him as he goes up to clash with G4.

He then sends them in the direction he wants those strings to pierce. You can even see the God Thread strings arising from the Ground in the bottom left panel. Those are essentially building sized strings which are made into sharp piercing objects and then amplified with Armament.

You can see how the execution is similar to Flap Thread - an awakening move.

Kata used the flame pattern haki to use Mochi stickness + COA
Katakuri is quite simple, he needs the awakening to accelerate in Donut form to build momentum before striking with his arm in Zangiri Mochi.
He is turning the ground into Mochi to move that fast. So yes, it is also technically awakening based.

1. Hell yeah
2. l imagine Kaidos scales changing color and covering his whole body like an armor, his hair, beard and short tail made of flame clouds and his teeth to be as a legit Oni.. Deer horns forming a sort of natural helmet with a big Dragon nose.. To be the size of a Giant.. Maybe i have too many expectations..
3. He could not use it while holding Onigashima.. No it would be Luffy's loss in my opinion..
4. Another tier which would imply the latest Kaido was at Admiral level or a bit above.. And not sure..
5. Hard to say if the Raid fail 40 chapters if not 10 chapters..

Y'all realize that Kaido will literally be contradicting himself if he turns to awakening next chapter though right?
This is the man that was going on about how Haki exceeds everything else, gets his ass beat in a Haki clash and then now proceeds to depend on his DF to win? :shame:
Won't be the first or second time he's contradicted himself this arc but gaddem

*Don't think we are seeing an awakening btw

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
β€Ž
For people that don't believe we've seen any type of awakening usage from kaido and that hell finally use it next chapter
  2. What do you think it'll look like visually?
  3. Why hasn't kaido used it? Would you personally consider it luffy's victory if kaido is still able to fight stronger than ever but luffy isn't able to fight back?
  4. How much stronger do you think itll make him? How will his true strongest attack compare to rising dragon flame bagua?
  5. How many more chapters till awakened kaido is defeated?
1- No. I want this arc to move on.
2- Dont care.
3- Dont care. I just think he is awakened already. No, I wouldn't consider Luffy's victory. It's the bread and butter "this isn't even my final form" trope.
4- Don't care.
5- More than it should take.

Like his hybrid form
Except instead of a Human Dragon hybrid it became a Dragon Human hybrid

A reverse of their DF normal hybrid transformation, kinda looks like Chopper Monster form or the Jailer Beasts, or King's hybrid form I guess
Wait a minute ...

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
Katakuri is quite simple, he needs the awakening to accelerate in Donut form to build momentum before striking with his arm in Zangiri Mochi.
He is turning the ground into Mochi to move that fast. So yes, it is also technically awakening based.
Katakuri transforming into a donut is just his paramΓ©cia ability it’s not awakening

And then he strikes

No awakening involved With Zangiri mochi. I don’t believe he turned the ground to Michu to move faster. It was never shown. I think it’s just his mochi leftover. I know the anime is shit but Kata never turned the ground into mochi while doing the donut thing. But even without the anime it’s a super reach to say he transformed the ground into mochi in that panel.

The whole Zangiri mochi attack is not awakening based. It’s spinning + flame haki + spinning + slamming

You can see Doffy ascend upwards while taking the strings from the ground alongside him as he goes up to clash with G4.

He then sends them in the direction he wants those strings to pierce. You can even see the God Thread strings arising from the Ground in the bottom left panel. Those are essentially building sized strings which are made into sharp piercing objects and then amplified with Armament.
undefined
About Doffy attack : I was sure it was said somewhere when doffy launched his attack that those 16 threads were of higher quality etc. And he kept them with him.

I dreamt that part ??