Spoiler What Does Kallavan Do Next?

Who Does Kallavan Fight Next at the Nest?

• Cha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dowon

• Maschenny

• Yama

• Yasratcha

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Introduction
As I see it, Kallavan has two objectives:
  1. To kill the Irregular boy (his "eternal enemy").
  2. To regain his position as a Corps Commander.

Now that Traumerei has shown up, stealing Lyborick's position by killing him is no longer on the table. Kallavan would have to try another way to regain his position.

Perhaps he'll try to convince Traumerei and/or the Lo Po Bia Family that he is more fit to serve as Corps Commander than Lyborick. Or maybe it's Adori/Army HQ that he's trying to convince. Either way, I believe that Kallavan will have a strong desire to prove himself.

Kallavan's Opportunity
With the Frozen Waterfall has been destroyed, Traumerei/the Lo Po Bia may learn of Maschenny's betrayal, Leviathan's escape and/or the stunt she pulled with Baam. This creates a couple pressing needs:
  1. The Irregular needs to be captured
  2. The traitor Princess needs to be dealt with.

The Case for Kallavan vs Baam
A fight with Baam will serve a few purposes:
  • Wrap up Kallavan and Baam's rivalry.
    • After the Nest, even "Base" Baam would be far too strong for their fight to be worth anything.
    • If they meet again Post Nest, we'll get a repeat of the Vagararv situation.
  • It provides a satisfactory conclusion to Kallavan's character arc.
  • Hype up Baam's power after absorbing White and/or Leviathan.
  • Baam could absorb the Essence of Bravery.

The Case for Kallavan vs Maschenny
A fight/interaction with Maschenny serves other purposes:
  • Provides insight into the hierarchy of the Army and where Princesses sit in it.
  • Provides insights into Maschenny's scheming with and around Kallavan.
    • And how those schemes relate to her machinations with Jinsung and Baam.
  • Provides a contrast/comparison between Maschenny and Yuri via how Kallavan responds to their betrayal/how they deal with a hostile Kallavan.
  • Provides insight into the powerscaling of the series (especially vis a vis Princesses and Corps Commanders). It'll help answer questions like:
    • Where do the 13 Month Princesses stand relative to the Corps Commanders?
    • Where does Yuri stand compared to other Princesses?

This interaction would be more meaningful if Maschenny is the one who asked Kallavan to come to the Nest, and/or she spoke with Cheonhee after the talk with Jinsung. She was shown to be on Cheonhee's ship:

And we haven't seen Cheonhee after she met up with Kallavan.

Of course, depending on the relationship between Maschenny and Kallavan, they may end up not fighting at all. But even if Maschenny is a superior officer he respects/thinks very highly of, I find it hard to imagine that Kallavan would turn a blind eye to her betrayal.

At best, he may plan to report her to Adori/Army HQ afterwards, and that gives her an incentive to eliminate him.

The Dark Horse: Asensio
Another option is that Kallavan fights Asensio. The rationale is mostly the same as for the Maschenny fight, but Asensio prevents Maschenny from engaging Kallavan as he doesn't see him as someone worthy of facing his sister. As similar situation manifested with Data Asensio and Big Breeder Jeok:

Aesthetically, I'd also expect Asensio to "go all out"/get a real fight before Maschenny.

And considering that SIU hyped up his combat ability as Data:
  • He's a Faction Leader of the Khun Family.
  • He's "the Spear Master".

I doubt SIU reintroduced him at the Nest just to babysit AA against a random Ranker. I'd expect him to have a proper fight and Kallavan and Perseus are the only compelling options (Lyborick is reserved for Dowon and/or Cha).

Some Unlikely Options
I see a few other unlikely opponents for Kallavan. I'll list them out and why I don't consider their battles plausible:
  • Cha
    • A fight with Kallavan does nothing for either of their characters.
    • Cha may assist Dowon with Lyborick.
    • He could also fight Yorari (if he's still alive) or Perseus if he's not.
  • Dowon
    • She has a strong grudge against Lyborick and needs to avenge Luch.
  • Jinsung
    • Baam is with Jinsung right now and I don't see him allowing Jinsung and Kallavan to fight again.
    • The fight is kind of pointless:
      • Kallavan is now even stronger than their previous battle.
      • Jinsung is weaker than their previous battle because his arms have not fully recovered.
    • It would be an even more brutal beat down than last time.
  • Yama
    • His battle is with Traumerei.
  • Yasratcha
    • His battle is also with Traumerei.

My Thoughts
Prior to the last chapter, I believed the Baam fight was the clear frontrunner option.

The main argument against it was that the rivalry was based entirely on false premises. Kallavan isn't the one that's actually responsible for Jinsung's imprisonment/suffering. Baam's grudge against him was entirely misplaced. And now, Baam has met the true culprit; he'll no longer care about hunting down Kallavan.

Another argument against it is that Baam no longer needs Kallavan to serve as a hypetool for his Leviathan or Crown power ups. His current battle against Pudidy and Haland should show Baam's new power adequately.

Furthermore, fighting Pudidy and Haland, then Kallavan, then Traumerei all back to back is a little too much. I now no longer believe the Baam fight is all that likely.

Conclusions
Shifting away from Baam as Kallavan's next opponent is making me warm up towards the Maschenny - Asensio option. I could see a battle analogous to the one vs the Big Breeder. But I'll also be excited for a straight Maschenny fight or a straight Asensio fight.

Alternatively, SIU could throw yet another curve ball and have Baam fight Kallavan after defeating Pudidy and Haland. I would not rule it out.

I would be pretty surprised if Kallavan fought someone outside of those three.

Traumerei might sense Leviathan Baam after the crumbling of the Suspendium and teleport all of them to him using Cobalt as he did with Yas and Yama. That's probably the only reasonable way on which Pudidy and Haland don't get absolutely crushed by Baam and Jinsung next chapter. Well, they could get strong reinforcements as well before they go down. That's another possibility, leaving aside them just getting rekt.

My guess is that the reason SIU gave Kallavan such a BS power-up is that he plans to make him face a very, very formidable foe that would otherwise utterly embarrass him under normal or tired conditions alike. I can't imagine any other reason as to why SIU would power him up this much. I think this leaves out Jinsung, Cha, Yasratcha, Dowon and far, far more likely than not Asensio. You could make a case for 2 Fangs Yama power-wise since we still have to see Complete FT and the awakening of Acrinack from him, but judging by the latest chapter it is far more likely Traumerei will rape deal with him and Yas after standing up from his throne and attacking them with Fandore Harpe. It goes without saying that there's hardly any particular storyline for most of these guys to be his big final fight in this arc. If he clashes with one of them, it's likely not going to evolve into a huge epic fight IMO.

Baam is by far the most likely choice the way I see it. Not only do both of them already have a story and a rivalry set from before (Kallavan considers him his "eternal enemy"), but Baam has powered up tremendously since the latest fight with him, undergoing a "Dark Change" on top of acquiring most of Prime White's power and absorbing Leviathan. He's definitely someone far beyond the level of the Corps Commanders we've seen so far (he was already stronger than Prime White without theoretically using all of his assets and prior to absorbing his power and Levi) and most definitely someone that would embarrass the CC Tier Kallavan we've mostly seen fight. Following this line of thought, it would make sense for SIU to power-up Kallavan considerably so that he can be some sort of inconvenient that forces Baam to showcase a good portion of the powers he has acquired.

As for Maschenny, her level is mostly unknown. It would seem that during Season 3 she's been portrayed on multiple occasions as someone who could potentially be far beyond the level of the standard Corps Commanders, unlike what we got at the end part of Season 2. The problem is that compared to Baam, her plot line with Kallavan feels very feeble. Their fight could theoretically work to showcase how the strongest Princesses compare to someone who has well exceeded the level of a standard Corps Commander and it could make sense for Traumerei to ask Kallavan to and catch her after seeing the Suspendium crumble (although he has Cobalt to potentially bring her to him too), but I don't feel like this is SIU's intent at all so far.

My gut feeling tells me it's going to be Baam. Either Kallavan offers himself to go after him in a way to potentially regain his former position as Corps Commander and to finally settle their score and rivalry or Baam and co get teleported in front of Traumerei by Cobalt and Kallavan offers himself to try and capture him in stead of the Family Head.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
I'm honestly not sure, i don't think Traumerei would let Baam get his hands dirty with a triffle, and i don't think he'll use it as a test for Baam cuz Gustang recognized him as " worthy " when he was FAR weaker than now just by looking at him + he will feel Levi's power inside him, i honestly can't decide what's going to happen with Kallavan, i hope for something unexpected

D

Deleted member 10278

I think Kallavan’s little alliance with Baam and co is officially done. The fact that he allowed Traumeri or however you spell his name to pass through the gate is enough to suggest he could fight Baam down the line. No idea what happens with Maschenny.

This is like totally unrelated to the post at all lol. But I’m kinda new to WEBTOON and stuff and I’ve read a few of them. Im actually currently reading tower of god. Ok, so I am all caught up to the most recent English chapter of God Of Highschool, but it is my understanding that the Korean version is like 6-10 chapters ahead? Does anyone know where I can read the raws/fan translations for chapters not yet officially translated as I can not seem to find it online?