Speculations What if Luffy recruited Killer instead of Zoro?

Let's start from the fact that Killer wouldn't get disarmed and mangled like Zoro.
Even if he doesn't awaken haki for that one blow, he has all the skills to keep a stall until Luffy defeats Crocodile.
how do u know he isnt getting disarmed or mangled? u are talking as if killer is superior to zoro not the other way around.

"he has all the skills"....umm what? where did killer showcased such skills? he isnt zoro and killer cant also leech off his feats

"a stall until Luffy defeats Crocodile. "...so thats what he amounts to? stall character until luffy gets the job done? here is ur answer to the question @TheAncientCenturion. zoro's replacement can only stall his opponent until luffy defeats his own. thats not really PK crew worthy

Let's start from the fact that Killer wouldn't get disarmed and mangled like Zoro.
Even if he doesn't awaken haki for that one blow, he has all the skills to keep a stall until Luffy defeats Crocodile.

Killer would 1v100 the Bounty Hounters

Like what?
Ignoring Bellamy, taking Luffy’s pain for starters. I can see him doing the 1v100 if he somehow doesn’t get seduced by Baroque. I don’t think he has the same intuition as Zoro though

bro ask killer to defeat mr.1 1st
then we will go for EL and TB arc

:ihaha:

also on topic, outside of Luffy(duh) and Robin(or u can replace her if u happen to find any poneglyph reader).... everyone else is replaceable. tho it remains to be seen if these sub can even compete with the original
:risitavirus:
Killer will beat any villain zoro fought pre ts since his attacks bypass any durability
So Mr.1 being steel won't matter

how do u know he isnt getting disarmed or mangled? u are talking as if killer is superior to zoro not the other way around.

"he has all the skills"....umm what? where did killer showcased such skills? he isnt zoro and killer cant also leech off his feats

"a stall until Luffy defeats Crocodile. "...so thats what he amounts to? stall character until luffy gets the job done? here is ur answer to the question @TheAncientCenturion. zoro's replacement can only stall his opponent until luffy defeats his own. thats not really PK crew worthy
The pain in the ass were Daz rotating blades that disarmed Zoro in the clash and wounded him extremely, Killer gauntlets are fixed to his wrists and is more skilled with that kind of weapon.
I said stall cause I can't assume Killer would have cut Daz since he is made of steel.
But considering he faced a Pacifista... Wouldn't be that impossible...

Ignoring Bellamy, taking Luffy’s pain for starters. I can see him doing the 1v100 if he somehow doesn’t get seduced by Baroque. I don’t think he has the same intuition as Zoro though
If Killer had the same commitment that he has for Kidd but for Luffy, which Is the point of the thread, he wouldn't esitate in taking a beating.
He did it on panel with Hawkins, and was more gruesome than in Jaya.

As for the Kuma situation, Killer made the same exact kind of sacrifice (Zoro-Killer parallel n°1037361) so the question is only One: if Killer would survive that.
Killer pain tollerance was highlighted in Wano, but comparing it to pre-TS is an open debate.

on the characteristic that make both of them different is:

- Killer has a determination that makes him ready to die for his captain sakes.
- Zoro has a determinarion that he wont lose for his captain sakes (and himself).

i like Zoro's determination more on this case.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Actually now that I think about it I'm a little bit pissed that we got Sanji as the third member of the M3 and not Killer
Sanji is also a leader and can lead some parts of the crew just fine
Sanji cares a lot about the weaker members of the crew and protect them, no need to go front line all the time
Sanji can use tactics and brain to solve solution : Enies lobby, Alabasta etc
Sanji turned lots of people into allies : Duval, Pudding, Viola etc
Sanji was maybe TOP 5 cook in the world in Grand line and maybe the current best today.
(And Sanji's stronger)

I don't know what Killer brings as 2nd main guy at all compared to Sanji.

It's far better to have Zoro + Sanji than Zoro + Killer or Killer + Killer

Z+S cover lot more basis and are much more complementary

Leadership no, at least we haven't seen it on panel. As for strength he is far below Zoro so not enough for Luffy to rely on.
We have examples of his leadership on panel:
- The meeting in Kidd's hideout
- The outstanding respect of his crewmates during the sailing to Onigashima
- The Apoo affair was a sort of demonstration of leadership too, not just smarts
- He showed to be a resolute leader to his men when he was being beaten by Hawkins too

As for his strenght, there are no post-TS targets that Killer wouldn't have demolished 1v1 (in Zoro's place) except for King.
Pre-TS only Mihawk (which Killer wouldn't fight in the first place, since he has no interest in it).
Reliable is one of the most on spot words to describe Killer, tbh.

We have examples of his leadership on panel:
- The meeting in Kidd's hideout
- The outstanding respect of his crewmates during the sailing to Onigashima
- The Apoo affair was a sort of demonstration of leadership too, not just smarts
- He showed to be a resolute leader to his men when he was being beaten by Hawkins too

As for his strenght, there are no post-TS targets that Killer wouldn't have demolished 1v1 (in Zoro's place) except for King.
Pre-TS only Mihawk (which Killer wouldn't fight in the first place, since he has no interest in it).
Reliable is one of the most on spot words to describe Killer, tbh.
You made a few good points (I admit I don't remember Killer's moments well) but I still don't think he would be enough to replace Zoro. I don't think he would have defeated Mr1 or Kaku.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
If you want someone who covers the most basis and is the most versatile by himself Marco is the best right hand :
- really strong
- can fly/look out/ transport
- can heal people / he is a doc
- has great sailing skills
- has great knowledge overall
- can lead
- really loyal
- can stall powerful enemies till the captain arrives

They’d be screwed. Not only would they not have Zoro, they wouldn’t have Sanji either as Killers a cook.

Basically they’d lose two fighters stronger than commanders for one whos maybe bottom commander level (but even that’s arguably false). Luffy can’t become pirate king with that.

They’d be screwed. Not only would they not have Zoro, they wouldn’t have Sanji either as Killers a cook.

Basically they’d lose two fighters stronger than commanders for one whos maybe bottom commander level (but even that’s arguably false). Luffy can’t become pirate king with that.
I know that you have the bad habit of not washing your mouth before talking about Killer, but even then you should understand that an hobby doesn't make a chef.

The thread is about replacing Zoro with Killer, not Zoro & Sanji with Killer.

I know that you have the bad habit of not washing your mouth before talking about Killer, but even then you should understand that an hobby doesn't make a chef.

The thread is about replacing Zoro with Killer, not Zoro & Sanji with Killer.
Killers hobby is cooking. The straw hats went looking for a chef cause no one knew how to cook properly before going to the grand line.

If Killer replaced Zoro, Killer knew how to Cook so they’d never go searching for a chef

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Honestly @TheAncientCenturion , this thread made me think and with some points, you are absolutely right.

While Zoro pretty much is only a fighting force, without anything else bringing into the crew (which seems to be enough for alot of people), would Killer be way more usefull. He would analyze the enemies pretty fast, would bring them down lethaly and fast, wouldn’t get lost all the time...

Killer is kinda the strategic force Luffy is needing in his fights. With him, telling him some weaknesses or warning Luffy in time, Luffy would have way less problems in paradise and i think even after. Yes, Zoro is strong, but beside that, what does he have to offer to the strawhats, compared to Killer?

But since Killer and Kid are friends since early childhood, there bond is way deeper than Luffy/Zoro. Kid doesn’t need to “recruit” Killer, they were a force since beginning. Which makes them a way more sympathic duo in my opinion. Heck, Luffy and Zoro aren’t even a duo, they wouldn’t be able to fight together.