Questions & Mysteries What is Kanki's weakness?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓

We still haven't been told what exactly is Kanki's weakness yet, and I honestly have no clue what his weakness could be.

I've heard some people suggest that Kanki could be bad at open warfare/conventional warfare, I've also heard others suggest that Kanki's weakness could simply be that he simply takes huge risks that would harm him if they don't pay off, and some people think it could be that Kanki's army is made up of bandits, who think and act differently from regular soldiers.

The same chapter where Kanki's weakness is mentioned, we get this scene:

Maybe Hara will do one of those things where Kanki's weakness is also his greatest strength?

Personally, I think it's kind of corny, but it's a real possibility.

Anyway, I'm interested to here y'all thoughts on what Kanki's weakness actually is.

Tagging some Kingdom fans:

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Jailer @Dragomir @RayanOO @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Red Admiral @Bepo @Arara

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I was looking at that chapter recently, his "rage" that drives him, might turn out to be his own weakness

Riboku probably figured his character out. Kanki similarly also won the battle in that arc by learning everything about Kisui.
nice catch.... I can totally see that happening. I wonder if we're going to get a flashback on Kanki's life and learn the source of this "rage".
Post automatically merged:

Kaidos weakness is his inability to killllll
:kaidowhat::kaidowhat::kaidowhat:

Last edited:
Live via satellite gave a pretty good explenation though I think even this may turn out to be false, I could imagine we might learn something new about it towards the end of this arc.

I liked the part where he compares him to Keisha, that actually kinda makes sense to me.
But, from what I've known about Kanki maybe his weakness is he thinks he can do it all if he puts his mind to it. He got that burning rage and an unquenchable thirst which drives him, this so far has been proven right but there will come time when he will have to cut his loss and fall back which I don't think he will.

I liked the part where he compares him to Keisha, that actually kinda makes sense to me.
But, from what I've known about Kanki maybe his weakness is he thinks he can do it all if he puts his mind to it. He got that burning rage and an unquenchable thirst which drives him, this so far has been proven right but there will come time when he will have to cut his loss and fall back which I don't think he will.
I believe @kom5 already knows Kanki's weakness but I don't want to be spoiled on it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I assume this is a question after the next arc for me which is: "Koku You Campaign Arc". But I want to give my little thoughts on this and it may be funny to read later after the arc.

I think Kanki's weakness comes from basically his journey as a General. We never saw Kanki backed into the corner badly, we never saw him suffer a great defeat, loss, or however you want to call it. Technically he kept winning/witnessing his enemies withdraw because of the situation outside of the battlefield.

One small thing may be that not every General/Unit that will be assigned to them may agree with his methods and it may cause a ruckus within the forces which might lead to bad morale/bad strategy.

In general, I think that Kanki's assumed "weakness" will be present/or not during his first heavy loss, defeat. Although I know he is a human and he may have some weaknesses he doesn't strike me as someone who would get mentally broken over losing his men.

We will see.

I assume this is a question after the next arc for me which is: "Koku You Campaign Arc". But I want to give my little thoughts on this and it may be funny to read later after the arc.

I think Kanki's weakness comes from basically his journey as a General. We never saw Kanki backed into the corner badly, we never saw him suffer a great defeat, loss, or however you want to call it. Technically he kept winning/witnessing his enemies withdraw because of the situation outside of the battlefield.

One small thing may be that not every General/Unit that will be assigned to them may agree with his methods and it may cause a ruckus within the forces which might lead to bad morale/bad strategy.

In general, I think that Kanki's assumed "weakness" will be present/or not during his first heavy loss, defeat. Although I know he is a human and he may have some weaknesses he doesn't strike me as someone who would get mentally broken over losing his men.

We will see.
I think this is the reason for his weakness
for example, you know he takes a gamble when he splits his army which is strategical a disaster because if you get ignored you could lose nearly your whole army

Kanki is a general that sets traps do you honestly think all this torture and cruelness is just for fun ( of course he has fun) but the reason behind this is to draw the enemies attention to a certain trap he makes his enemy angry or hate him to the point the enemy starts chasing him but what if the enemy ignores this ?? then he is done for

He took a huge gamble when he abandoned the mountain and instead gambled that Kisui would save his lil village but what if Kisui would let the village be massacred and transformed the mountain into a fortress Qin would be done for yet Kanki gambled and he was right

Right now the same Kouchou is such an idiot
Kanki is right now most vulnerable yet he doesn't really attack Shins lane with all he got this will be his doom before the fight started Kanki wanted the Hi-Shin-Unit for this reason he set his trap now he waits for Kouchou to step in

He knew from the start he can't beat them in a one o one match he goes the way around he is lucky all the time

No general could pull what he could do back then when Ousen assigned the army Kanki had to most difficult position they had no real formation if a big army comes down there done for yet he managed to hold his position only he could pull out something like this

Kanki is my favorite but he is the most lucky one nobody would even dare to pull out the things he does with ease

it,s possible that kanki weakness is his love for gamble? because all of his strategy involve HIgh Risk N high Return
1, disguise himself as enemy solider to cut off ghandi guy but his army get wrecked by renpa men
2, use wei tower n disguise to attack han army in coalition war in high risk getting crushed by coalition army
3, use kisui love for his city to send warning to him if he not leave his post big risk but pay off in the end
4, draw keisha to him by using keisha trap againts him but that almost fail because zenon failed to kill keisha luckily shin manage to cornered n kill keisha.
(PS : still reading ingdom 676 so dunno about him vs kouchou sorry)

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Maybe Kanki weakness is the difference between his units, too many clans, tribes, troupes, and not a United army. So maybe if you have an answer for each group individually and take them one by one it can be better.

I don’t think Kanki weakness is a personal weakness like him being too bold, or gambling too much etc, or his rage etc. But more within his army.

This could be it.

Having no connection as the real army will lead to his downfall. Plus Kanki likes to play risky games so that also will be his flaw as a strategist. If Keisha found out about Kanki’s weakness then no doubt guys like Riboku and Ousen will definitely beat him in psychological warfare.
I do not think that this is it. It seems too obvious to be a legitimate hidden weakness and Kanki uses the "looseness" of his army to his advantage anyway.

Both Keisha and Riboku did not attribute whatever this "weakness" is to be a flaw of the Kanki Army but a flaw of Kanki himself.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
I do not think that this is it. It seems too obvious to be a legitimate hidden weakness and Kanki uses the "looseness" of his army to his advantage anyway.

Both Keisha and Riboku did not attribute whatever this "weakness" is to be a flaw of the Kanki Army but a flaw of Kanki himself.
Kanki is the guy who likes using weaknesses as his own advantages. And in the two newest chapters, he using the Sun Bin strategy to hide his own men. But he's too extreme in doing it. So some of his men can betray him hence I think it will be Kanki's flaw. Kanki wants his enemies to take the bait and Riboku and Keisha know about that.

And the panel I posted above, while I'm not disagree with you, he say that having no rules makes Kanki's army so strong. Yet I don't think that would hold out for long. Something is gonna break lose.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
HISTORY SPOILERS AHEAD

I intentionally waited to reply here because honestly I had no fucking clue what as to what Kanki’s weakness was until recently. So, many of you may have not seen my recent take on Kingdom Chapter 695:

Alright, I’m not gonna lie, Kanki is a little bitch lol. I lost hardcore respect for him reading this chapter.

All that nonsense about how Kochou doesn’t know what true pain is, and that true pain is bottomless and there is no limit, and here Kanki goes about to lose his shit because one of his Nakama was tortured to death lol. As if Kanki doesn’t torture people to death every single battle, and as if Raido himself didn’t already torture people to death during this very battle.

Apparently Kochou doesn’t know what pain is, but Kochou lost two of his Generals who were life-long friends of his, but we didn’t see Kochou throw a little temper tantrum lol. Kochou tortured Raido out of sheer pragmatism, and because Ko’s older brother was filled with rage and wanted to see retribution, but Kochou himself was man enough to accept that his comrades deaths were a part of war, and if he wasn’t prepared to lose them then he never should’ve set foot on the battlefield.

But the second Kanki’s own tactics are used against him, he’s about to go on a raged up temper tantrum? Nah fuck that Hara lol, Kanki is a little bitch who doesn’t know what real pain is. What a damn hypocrite lol.

Hardcore respect lost for this emo shit lol. Bring in Riboku to pimp-smack this whiner across China already.

Every so often Hara makes baffling writing choices, and this is one of them lol. I’m not sure if Hara ruined Kanki on purpose or if this was just incompetence, but I’m afraid it’s impossible for me to take Kanki seriously after this. What a whiny bitch man lol.
After thinking about things a little more thoroughly, I believe Hara is foreshadowing Kanki’s big defeat at the hands of Riboku. Historically, right after Kanki defeats Kochou, he is immediately defeated afterwards by Riboku in an overwhelming fashion. This is undoubtedly when we will learn more about Kanki’s big weakness that Riboku and Keisha both picked up on back in the KokuYou Hills arc. I think I’d like to finally throw my hat in the ring as to what that weakness is:

Kanki thinks that he knows what true pain is, and yet Kanki is unable to emotionally process the deaths of his allies. As soon as Raido was killed, Kanki seems to have resolved himself to commit an atrocity upon the Zhao. Kanki believes that he knows what real pain is, and yet he also doesn’t seem to be capable of emotionally processing the deaths of his friends at all.

When I was thinking of this scene in context to what happens next historically, this page from Hara’s one shot came to mind:

Riboku is someone hardened by the deaths of his family and friends. His entire philosophy on war and life was developed by seeing everyone around him that he was close to die in battle. When we saw Riboku in the Houken flashback, he had this to say:

Riboku has had to emotionally steel himself after losing everyone close to him to the point that he had no one left. Kanki is someone who loses his shit when one of his friends dies, while Riboku has accepted this fact as a reality of war.

I have no idea how Riboku would take advantage of a weakness like this or how he would’ve gleamed this from KokuYou Hills, but I’m trying to make sense of Kanki’s childishness last chapter. I won’t at all be surprised if Kanki suffers a truly massive defeat against Riboku (losing a limb, being mortally wounded, etc.), and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Riboku and Kanki end up literally dueling each other 1v1.

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @TheKnightOfTheSea @Seth @Xione @mad monk etc etc etc

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
HISTORY SPOILERS AHEAD

I intentionally waited to reply here because honestly I had no fucking clue what as to what Kanki’s weakness was until recently. So, many of you may have not seen my recent take on Kingdom Chapter 695:

After thinking about things a little more thoroughly, I believe Hara is foreshadowing Kanki’s big defeat at the hands of Riboku. Historically, right after Kanki defeats Kochou, he is immediately defeated afterwards by Riboku in an overwhelming fashion. This is undoubtedly when we will learn more about Kanki’s big weakness that Riboku and Keisha both picked up on back in the KokuYou Hills arc. I think I’d like to finally throw my hat in the ring as to what that weakness is:

Kanki thinks that he knows what true pain is, and yet Kanki is unable to emotionally process the deaths of his allies. As soon as Raido was killed, Kanki seems to have resolved himself to commit an atrocity upon the Zhao. Kanki believes that he knows what real pain is, and yet he also doesn’t seem to be capable of emotionally processing the deaths of his friends at all.

When I was thinking of this scene in context to what happens next historically, this page from Hara’s one shot came to mind:

Riboku is someone hardened by the deaths of his family and friends. His entire philosophy on war and life was developed by seeing everyone around him that he was close to die in battle. When we saw Riboku in the Houken flashback, he had this to say:

Riboku has had to emotionally steel himself after losing everyone close to him to the point that he had no one left. Kanki is someone who loses his shit when one of his friends dies, while Riboku has accepted this fact as a reality of war.

I have no idea how Riboku would take advantage of a weakness like this or how he would’ve gleamed this from KokuYou Hills, but I’m trying to make sense of Kanki’s childishness last chapter. I won’t at all be surprised if Kanki suffers a truly massive defeat against Riboku (losing a limb, being mortally wounded, etc.), and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Riboku and Kanki end up literally dueling each other 1v1.

I just think he never tasted defeat yet and you can't really impress him on mental standpoint.

Dude seen some shit since a young child and there is only as much that would impress him.

Breaking down Kanki is more about breaking him down mentally which might be impossible at this point. We need to see his reaction to losing a battle. That will tell us a lot imo.

HISTORY SPOILERS AHEAD

After the most recent chapter, what I am starting to think Kanki's weakness is, is perhaps an inability to accept any kind of loss whether it be a tactical loss or a personal one.

Bear with me now for I am going to get into the more spiritual side of Kingdom that some folk apparently dislike. Lol.

As I said before, whatever weakness Kanki has was never attributed to his army, his methods or his tactics but to himself as an individual.

Loss is a large part of how people grow in Kingdom (and in real life). The entire "Weight of a General" deal is rooted in an individual carrying on the legacies of those who were dear to them but in order to carry on said legacies, the character has to accept their loss in the first place.

I think Kanki's problem is that he cannot accept loss and I believe Hara alluded to this when Shin first met him.

Shin immediately noted something strange about Kanki when he first met him.
A "sense of rejection" was what Shin felt towards Kanki. Shin has dealt with bloodlust, crushing auras, Mangoku's ghosts and the Weight of Great Generals yet something about Kanki immediately set him on edge. What I think Shin unknowingly sensed was that Kanki is the complete opposite of him.

Shin obviously is all about the concept of "Weight", the whole deal of carrying around legacies etc. You know the deal.

Houken was the opposite of Shin in that he refused emotional attachments altogether. Kanki however is different from Houken because he doesn't reject emotional attachments as shown by how Raido's death has affected him and is now affecting his judgement.

Kanki (either knowingly or unknowingly) embraces attachment but cannot handle nor accept loss thus he ends up casting aside and "rejecting" the legacies of those that were close to him.

A person like that is exactly the kind of individual that Shin would detest and "reject" on an instinctual level.

Kanki even possibly goes so far as to project this weakness of his onto others, belittling others for supposedly not understanding how "grown ups do things".
In battle too, Kanki refuses to back down no matter what utterly insane odds are stacked against him yet he ultimately wants to risk nothing that is actually close to him. That is why he sent Ogiko to warn Raido not to do anything reckless and to sit back because he knew that Raido, who is arguably the only one of Kanki's inner circle that is genuinely loyal to the man hence why Kanki is probably attached to the bloke, would do anything to prevent Kanki's defeat.

Kanki is a character that we have never gotten to truly know so far. Kanki masks his inner self with an aura of charm and confidence that he wears like a glove, though his charm is arguably superficial and now his confidence has been tested and appears to have broken instantly.

Essentially, Kanki is acting like a child because he is one. He is someone that has never matured and can neither handle nor accept genuine loss. He hates losing and cannot stand being defeated in battle nor losing those he cares for despite his inherently dangerous occupation of being in a literal army.

What we are now witnessing with Kanki is not character development or character change but rather a character reveal. We are finally seeing the real Kanki that is deliberately hidden beneath layers of superficial charm, smug arrogance, brittle confidence and inflated ego.

If all that sounds like a rather ugly combination, well... Hasn't Kanki been built up to be a rather ugly individual?