Speculations What is Oda cooking with Cross Guild?

Is Oda making Cross Guild into Strawhats v2.0?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

Based on the image above, which I believe will be the pairings between these two factions when they end up clashing in the battle for who gets to become the Pirate King, it seems like Oda is building another version of Strawhats. Why is this happening?
It could be that he gave up on Strawhats vs RedHairedPirates as a battle to show which one gathered the ultimate crew, Luffy or Shanks.

Instead, RHPs could get a significant spotlight during the WG war and also when they fall against Blackbeard Pirates later on.
He may have decided to give Shanks a tragic end vs Blackbeard instead of a challenge for the best crew against Luffy.

When you look at it, Oda is creating Cross Guild as a copy of Strawhats.

Let's start with the 3 triggers:
1. Representatives of Fame - Buggy and Luffy.
There is another parallel between them - damage immunity. One is immune to the blunt type, the other to the cutting type.
2. Representative of Power - Mihawk and Zoro.
Everything is self-explanatory about these swordsmen, the fight with the longest build-up in the show, the ultimate showdown.
3. Representatives of Wealth - Crocodile and Nami.
Aside from a natural affinity towards the Berries, they are also an interesting match-up. Rainmaker and the sand-man...

Next up we come to the guys whose bodies are modified into weapons - Mr1 the living blade and Sanjino the cyborg.
Next on the menu, Robin-swan the grappler facing her perfect counter - the slippery Alvida.

We move on to the two beasts - Richie and Choppaemon.
Let's proceed to the two trickster swordsmen - Humming Brook and Cabaji the Acrobat.

What awaits us next is the pairing between two beastly men - Mohji and Franky!
I cant see common ground between Usopp and Galdino except for Usopp's father being number 3 of RHPs and Mr3's alias...
Lastly, the fishman Jinbe who stood up for the great man Whitebeard and the guy who is all that Whitebeard wasnt - Weevil...
The world anticipates Cross Guild's next move and conveniently Weevil might just have been moved where CG needs to find him.

I dont know if all of these pairings will play out and in what context but they are certainly interesting.
What do yall think about Cross Guild's purpose being what RHP's initial purpose may have been?

It's too early and we need more information. But I think that a mistake that many people who follow OP make is trying to connect absolutely everything or look for similarities in each band or organization. It's like wanting to compare every character from the current era to the old one, etc. I don't know, I think it's a mistake and boring, apart from the fact that it would be predictable to pigeonhole things like that. Some details are fine, but that's it. For example, what you mention about fame, power and wealth, you may be right, or you may not, and that's okay. Nothing changes.

Apoo like Buggy both had giants and pissed off underworld big shots
Capone Bege is a mob boss and the Mafia hates him
There are also big shot pirates who can one shot people that work under Crocodile drug trade and starting gang wars with rocks remnants

And Weevil is in Jail
Post automatically merged:

Reality: Doffy joins under Crocodile and embraces his new status as Crocs henchman
How will Doffy be under Crocodile when Crocodile aint even Emperor?

At worst, Doffy will be the 3rd commander of Buggy. Buggy is the real MC here.

Just to find a way to have past characters stay in the present and have some relevance. Doffy will join when they break him out, if Enel joins somehow too, this should be the most broken crew in One Piece.