Questions & Mysteries What is something threatening that Akainu has done post-TS?

Saying Akainu is the final villain is pretty dumb, most people agree Kaidou is just training Luffy for his Akainu fight.
With the reveal that Nika’s soul somehow became a DF, it seems likely that Oda will pull something like “A piece of Ace’s soul remained in the Mera,” giving more credence to Sabo vs Akainu. Realistically there’s only two options for Sabo’s character: become Ace 2.0 or beat Akainu. Nothing else makes sense for Sabo in the Final War

Now that I think about it. He ordered Greenbull to Arrest Fujitora meaning that he nearly provoked a Top Tier fight all because Dragon Fucked his Crush in Marine Academy and Akainu wants to vent out on his son

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
With the reveal that Nika’s soul somehow became a DF, it seems likely that Oda will pull something like “A piece of Ace’s soul remained in the Mera,” giving more credence to Sabo vs Akainu. Realistically there’s only two options for Sabo’s character: become Ace 2.0 or beat Akainu. Nothing else makes sense for Sabo in the Final War
Maybe, but not before Luffy fights Akainu. As long as Luffy's scar aches that fight is gonna happen. Honestly that'd be pretty insane for Akainu to take on Luffy then Sabo in gauntlet fashion and push Sabo to extreme, end game Sabo will be "Yonkou level" bare minimum.

What doesn't really make sense though is even if Sabo awakens his df, Akainu's awakening should trump it since Magu > Mera, but I guess if Luffy can weaken him enough that's the excuse? Or maybe Dragon steps in who knows.

Now that I think about it. He ordered Greenbull to Arrest Fujitora meaning that he nearly provoked a Top Tier fight all because Dragon Fucked his Crush in Marine Academy and Akainu wants to vent out on his son
The funny part is that Ryokugyu casually disobeyed Akainu’s order to remove Fuji from Mary Geoise, and then laughed about it. Hell, he even made lunch for Fuji lmao. Akainu’s Admirals have no respect for him. Anime filler even showed Kizaru disobeying Akainu.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe, but not before Luffy fights Akainu. As long as Luffy's scar aches that fight is gonna happen. Honestly that'd be pretty insane for Akainu to take on Luffy then Sabo in gauntlet fashion and push Sabo to extreme, end game Sabo will be "Yonkou level" bare minimum.

What doesn't really make sense though is even if Sabo awakens his df, Akainu's awakening should trump it since Magu > Mera, but I guess if Luffy can weaken him enough that's the excuse? Or maybe Dragon steps in who knows.
I think Oda may have EoS Luffy demolish Akainu. It would be poetic justice since Akainu left Luffy feeling weak and helpless at MF, and EoS Luffy will make Akainu feel weak and helpless. He won’t KO Akainu though, just swat him away like a fly on his way to fight Im, and then Sabo comes along to have a real fight with Akainu

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I think Oda may have EoS Luffy demolish Akainu. It would be poetic justice since Akainu left Luffy feeling weak and helpless at MF, and EoS Luffy will make Akainu feel weak and helpless. He won’t KO Akainu though, just swat him away like a fly on his way to fight Im, and then Sabo comes along to have a real fight with Akainu
Nah I think if he does that, Luffy has to be the one to finish him, otherwise it will take away from Sabo's achievement. So if he goes the overwhelming reversal route, Sabo won't be included.

Anything that includes Sabo will make Akainu look like a monster near EOS.

Nah I think if he does that, Luffy has to be the one to finish him, otherwise it will take away from Sabo's achievement. So if he goes the overwhelming reversal route, Sabo won't be included.

Anything that includes Sabo will make Akainu look like a monster near EOS.
Luffy’s purpose is to spread joy and laughter, and Luffy going on a vengeance quest against Akainu would run counter to this narrative about Luffy that Oda is setting up. Additionally, it is a given that there will be some sort of doomsday clock that will force Luffy to try to take down Im as quick as possible, so Luffy won’t have much time to waste with Akainu.

Do you agree with my statement that Sabo’s only realistic outcomes are becoming Ace 2.0’d or fighting Akainu? Some people float the idea of EoS Sabo vs Fuji because of their previous encounters, but frankly they seem more likely friendly rivals than actual foes. It’s also hard to see why Fuji would even be on the WG’s side at EoS. It’s not in his character at all to enable the Great Cleansing.

It wouldn’t necessarily take away from Sabo’s achievement if Luffy roughed Akainu up a bit (which I’m not even sure if Luffy will do to begin with). For starters, Oda is very flippant about endurance, as evidenced by the highly erratic endurance feats in Wano. Oda can just pretend like Akainu is at 100%, like he did with Law when Law went to fight BM, or have Sabo weakened going into the fight

Akainu just won't be the final villain. I'm 99% sure on this.

Blackbeard has been built up as the ultimate foil to Luffy tbh and Jaya establishes that so clearly

And even if for some reason the final villain is not Blackbeard, there are better reasons to think that it would be Imu instead of Akainu or even Shanks instead of Akainu by some twist of fate

They said that the Navy became more aggressive and grew stronger in the 2y time skip, I think that we're about to witness something, like the Revolutionary bring owned in Mary Geoise and the successful hunt of the Schichibukai.
Then, after the Yonkou's fall, other pirates will conquer their territories but so will do the Marines.

That's my view, anyway I don't think that the marines is the beginning and the end of all of it like we beleived until the discovery of CP0, Imu and stuff, Marines are just a mean in the real ruler's hands and Sakazuki is just the Fleet Admiral, he will shine in his next move in the new world and in the final war but is confined to failure, because his view of Justice must fall by definition