Discussion Power What is the best animal summoning ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
What his the most powerful and useful single animal summoning ? And which one would you choose if you can ?

In part I and II (no boruto) and no rinnegan animals jutsu.

For exemple you have the frogs (gamabunta etc) the snakes, the monkey, katsuyu, the dogs, the giant clam etc etc.

Among those which is the single best animal ?

@Bogard @ZenZu @TheAncientCenturion @Draco @Amelya @comrade @Haoshoku etc

Last edited:

Bogard

You can't win
> Katsuyu on it's own isn't that strong, but in combination with a Byakugo user like Tsunade/Sakura, it can be a formidable summon in team battles

It's best particularity though is it's defensive ability, because it's hard to kill without necessary amount of salt(if what Suigetsu said is correct)

> In terms of battle however, i'd say the toads are the most versatile. Gamabunta was shown able to hold his own against a non-fully awakened Shukaku in straight up combat, could counter his fuuton attacks partially with his own suiton attacks.

I'd say though that individually, Manda was portrayed just as strong if not stronger than Gamabunta in the sannin battle, however it's the snake most powerful summon with no one comparable outside of Orochimaru's yamata no orochi(and later on version 2 Manda created by Kabuto) when there are many toads capable to rival Gamabunta in might

Version 2 Manda graping strength was also amazing when Kabuto summoned him, so in terms of straight up power, Manda 2(if he is counted since it was a last minute addition created by Kabuto) is probably the most powerful summon

However overall i'd bank more on the toads, who are more versatile, not only they can do incredible leaps, they are well-verse in martial arts, ninjutsu and even sennin mode techniques, with Pa/Ma capable to immobilize people with sound techniques or/and defeat them with powerful genjutsu

Overall then, due to their number, quality, strength and versatility, i'd probably pick the toad summons

I'd pick Katsuyu, but only if i have byakugo to boost her. When i think about it Katsuyu is superior to her summon peers both in defense and offense !
Defense wise, she whitstanded CST without taking a scratch so to put her down for good you need an attack at least stronger than CST and there aren't many in the no god tier category of fighters.
Offensively, her corrosive acid melts through rock with ease so i assume it is as dangerous as that of Mei which barely melts Susano ribcage; now imagine if this acid is boosted with Byakugo like tsunade did to Onoki jinton and covers a large scale too ? It'd destroy most of defenses.
Katsuyu can also divide herself into small entities and fire acid from different angles which makes it even harder for the enemy to dodge.
If someone wanted to use her dividing ability creatively he can make her cover the whole battlefield with her clones and use reverse summon to the location the user want himself to be in, like how Minato FTG works.
- Against Manda : He have no way to harm her and if he tries to eat her, she can kill him from the inside with acid.
- Against Bunta : Even Kn6 Naruto corrosive chakra didn't burn her so Gamayu endan isn't working either, she will eventually outlast him or kill him with acid (noted to kill even someone as resilient as Orochimaru)
- Against Enma : He can't harm her either.
So yeah, IMO Katsuyu is the strongest summon.

Baku was kinda wasted tho - it clearly is strong, but unfortunate Sasuke used fire XD
Enma, the toads, manda, Katsuyu and the clam are all every strong summonings.
The toads and Manda are already overpowered just based on their size. The toads are more versatile, but manda has probably more strenght, especially manda 2.
Katsuyu is more defensive than offensive, but her healing ability is crazy.
The giant clam is very strong with it's Mirage jutsu - if you get caught in it you are Pretty much f*cked lol. The summoner gets a perfect opening to finish off his Opponent. And it's quite hard to kill too, thanks to it's hard Shell.

I would probably pick the toads or Emna, because of their versatility.

But the best and most powerfull summoning is this one

Toads. They are very agile in battle and have a humanoid form, can punch, kick and use weapons. They can also use elemental attacks, Senjutsu and spit oil, which you could combine your fire Jutsu with.
I'll go with Gamabunta. He's a good boi.
:suresure: Love how he mas manhandled by Manda.

Out of the huge summonings, it's definitely between Manda II and full Katsuyu. Snakes in general are extremely agile, can move fast on land, underground and in water, making them quite versatile, plus are very strong. Manda could also skin, and was durable enough not to instantly die from C0.
Now, with Katsuyu, 100 % crushes any enemy under its ass, also damn at the amount of acid she'd produce. Questionable tho, how much could actually be summoned.

Right below those it's SM Ma/Pa, since they are pretty much like complete Shinobi. Paralysis, devastating Senjutsu attacks, Frog Kata and speed. It's a pity we didn't get to see some Hebi Sages.