General & Others What is The MOST Overrated Arc Pre Timeskip?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their like half of the strawhats best fights and also arguably the best flashback in the series is there on top of some lore details
The lore was good; but once the straw hats entered the tower of Justice it’s just like the parts of wano everyone hated.

The difference is Lucci was actually intimidating and it felt like if luffy lost Lucci would just kill the rest of his crew.

Seeing a lot of Ennies Lobby slander, even comparisons to Wano. Just no.

Besides the superficial stuff like running around and dragged out sections, it is much better on almost every front:
- It’s actually funny all through out: Usopp as a sword, Dugong, this isn’t cola, yoiyoi…the fridge is ope-, Kaku, etc
- The emotional stakes are miles better and more personal.
- Every Strawhat got to do something of note, including the newest inductee.
- The flow of battle was much better.
- It had the OG despicable weakling in authority.
- The conclusion was fantastic.

The usual Oda issues like the running around, ticking time bomb, etc were already present in prior arcs, so it didn’t start at EL.

Marineford is overrated because of the legends on that war that barely did something.

Whitebeard. Rayleigh(spectator). Sengoku(fraud). Garp. Admirals. Mihawk. Shichibukais.

But the best arc was really Enies Lobby. Not only pre-timeskip but overall.

Aside from Sanji and Zoro's power ups, Enies Lobby sucked and even they were capped by fighting opponents who were a joke, especially Kaku's giraffe gags.

It is still a better arc than Skypeia and Arlong Park, but unlike those 2 it is held up as something amazing when it was just mid.

Since I don't remember the worst parts of enies Lobby.

Looking back at Marineford, don't misunderstand me, it has some of the greatest peaks of one piece bar no other arc.

But there was a lot of nothing? Looking in retrospective, the Warlords barely moved, the admirals except Akainu dint go serious, Garp barely did anything.

Like you gathered these incredible hyped characters and for nothing basically.

The WB pirates never had a chance without Luffy saving ace, and the Marines didn't even tried.

I think most fans only like Skypiea because of Enel. He's okay as a villain, but there are way better ones. My problem with Enel is that he and Luffy met very late. Enel didn't even know who that was. The only three things I liked about this arc were the first few episodes in Angel Beach, Chopper's fight against Gedatsu, and the flashback of Noland.

Did not feel like anything was overrated.
Though I see Skypeia doesn't get as much love...for me that is what I was looking for in one piece....adventure/mystery solving/treasure/history/culture/civilization and good supernatural elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.