General & Others What is the most overrated arc?

What is the most overrated arc?

• Total voters
In my opinion, it’s MF. Going into Marineford, I never cared much for Ace, and it didn’t help that Ace didn’t receive a lot of his characterization until after MF when we got Luffy’s flashback. Looking back on Marineford, almost all the fights were disappointing. Vista vs Mihawk, Jozu vs Aokiji, Marco vs Kizaru, and WB vs Akainu round 1 were all almost completely off paneled. Blackbeard vs Sengoku was offpaneled. The other Divison Commanders didn’t get to do anything except show off their ability in a panel or two against fodders. Jinbe only fought an incredibly easy to beat Moriah. Hancock only fought fodders. Doflamingo got to ambush Jozu once and then fight Crooodile off panel. Luffy was either beating up fodders or getting tossed around by people much stronger than him. However, Whitebeard was easily the best part of the arc, and his death was really epic. Ultimately, MF was just a glorified hypefest, which never got any fleshed-out fights, even though Oda teased some cool fights. It has very little replay value because of this imo.

Last edited:
One piece would be dead at WCI arc if oda didnt intruduce kata and made luffy fight with him. such a trash arc ever seen with a meme yonko and horseshit backstorys etc. isnt that manga sales got drop around that arc?

lol at marineford winning. ggez, it was overated indeed. I always told you apart from the last couple of chapters it was not as good as enies lobby (more so if you count on water7 as well)
Post automatically merged:

In my opinion, it’s MF. Going into Marineford, I never cared much for Ace, and it didn’t help that Ace didn’t receive a lot of his characterization until after MF when we got Luffy’s flashback. Looking back on Marineford, almost all the fights were disappointing. Vista vs Mihawk, Jozu vs Aokiji, Marco vs Kizaru, and WB vs Akainu round 1 were all almost completely off paneled. Blackbeard vs Sengoku was offpaneled. The other Divison Commanders didn’t get to do anything except show off their ability in a panel or two against fodders. Jinbe only fought an incredibly easy to beat Moriah. Hancock only fought fodders. Doflamingo got to ambush Jozu once and then fight Crooodile off panel. Luffy was either beating up fodders or getting tossed around by people much stronger than him. However, Whitebeard was easily the best part of the arc, and his death was really epic. Ultimately, MF was just a glorified hypefest, which never got any fleshed-out fights, even though Oda teased some cool fights. It has very little replay value because of this imo.
preach bro

For me it's Water 7, it's a great arc but there are things that don't make sense, like one of the 3 government forts being invaded by the people of Galley-la
It makes sense. High value targets like Ace do not go through Enies Lobby anyway. It´s basically a huge publicity stunt when fodder go through there and they pretend that they got a fair trial.
So actually strong people will never go through there, and for everybody else an army of 10.000 soldiers, two giants and whatever else was there, is more than enough.

If we're talking about 'overrated', I pick Amazon Lily arc.. Reason being is the purpose of arc only Luffy 'cheatcode' where Oda have to cover up for Luffy 'sex dulled' even after being flirt by beauty Hancock

Long Ring Long Land.
So many people preach on and on about how it's the arc that tested the unity of the crew and had the biggest stakes (losing a nakama), but to me it just felt like a filler arc.
I wouldn’t call it overrated. After Skypeia and Alabasta this was a great arc tho. Some silliness and really set up water 7 really well.

Marineford. It was just a war and honestly it just felt like fanservice.

Enies Lobby is the most overrated arc for me.

It plays hard with the advantage of directly following Water 7 and closing its plots, but I wouldn't revisit it is as a whole. Uninspired scenario, the villains' designs aren't the best out there and they all share pretty much the same fighting style with very slight differences; a style that isn't the most creative either. Lucci too may be acclaimed as the best villain by some, but I found him a bit edgy and unentertaining.

It's one arc that is considered to be the best because of a few things that people remember (Robin's scream, Usopp facing Lucci, Luffy's fight, etc.) but I can't think of it without remembering how tedious and unexciting it could be overall.

Definitely Marineford: a messy clusterfuck for power junkies. The ending is pretty epic, but the majority of the arc was mediocre.

How WCI is "overrated"? The majority hate this arc LoL
You should go out WG once in a while. What people in this forum think is not reflective at all of the opinion of the majority of the fandom.
For example as of now Dressrosa is considered one of the best arcs (mostly because those who caught up in the recent years and read it in one go).

Enies Lobby is the most overrated arc for me.

It plays hard with the advantage of directly following Water 7 and closing its plots, but I wouldn't revisit it is as a whole. Uninspired scenario, the villains' designs aren't the best out there and they all share pretty much the same fighting style with very slight differences; a style that isn't the most creative either. Lucci too may be acclaimed as the best villain by some, but I found him a bit edgy and unentertaining.

It's one arc that is considered to be the best because of a few things that people remember (Robin's scream, Usopp facing Lucci, Luffy's fight, etc.) but I can't think of it without remembering how tedious and unexciting it could be overall.
Water 7 was the real masterpiece.

Last edited: